Gathering Goblin Change

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Lodrelhai, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Hot_Rod Member

Can no longer access salvaging after spending 5 at once on goblin. you are forced to buy 3 ranks in (utterly useless) TS stations. to get the top item.
    This change also means you can lo longer spend your 4 extra points (after filling a different tree) on getting a basic once /24hr goblin. (Intentional? I don't understand why the chance was implemented and broken when it worked fine for so long.)

HR
    Tylia, Awkk and Pengana like this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Since the goblin now takes 1 point (equating 5 spent) the refining tree now requires you spend an additional 4 points to actually get to the refining ability. So rather than the previous 15 points spent to start putting points into refining (seasoned harvesting 5, summon artisan's gathering goblin 5, Salvage 5), you now have to spend 4 points in Summon Crafting Stations to get to Refine.
    Where before it took 15 points spent to get to the Refine, you have to spend 19 points.
    If you're not using the default UI that may cause the overage issues. you may have to patch your custom UI. For now I suggest resetting your tradeskill prestige and spending the appropriate amount.
    Hopefully they will fix this issue of needing to spend 19 points to get to refining. I sent in a bug report about it, I suggest others do the same.
    Pengana likes this.
  3. Gerak Well-Known Member

I too had my TS Prestige borked. I figured out that they multiplied each point spent in Gathering Goblin by 5, so if you had 5 points spent it would multiply the 5x5 for a total of 25 (max).

Just reset your TS prestige with only 1 on the Goblin and all the points will be available.

IMHO they should have reset all TS prestige points to forestall this problem.
  4. isest Active Member

Salvaging is not the only thing broke check your far seas prestige that is hosed as well
    Awkk likes this.
  5. Bane New Member

If you run into issues with the new tradeskill prestige tree, go into build mode, on the right scroll to the top ability and cancel it(canceling all of them) and reassign them new to fix it.

And yes, the requirement for Salvage is screwed up, requiring Rank 3 Crafting Tables or Rank 3 Goblin, which no longer exists, so you have to spend 13 points to get to Salvage, instead of 10 and 18 to get to Refine, instead of 15 if you want the goblin.
    Armageddoux and Awkk like this.
  6. Gerak Well-Known Member

Far Seas prestige should be reset after you change the points spent on the Goblin.
    If you spent more than 1 on the goblin, they are multiplied by 5 and subtracted from the total of 50.
    Redo your general points only spending 1(5 used) on the goblin and Far Seas will adjust.

I read in another thread that this change was made to fix a problem with recall timer being borked when zoning with goblin called.
  7. isest Active Member

The only problem was when I reset my ts prestige it reset all my trees, and that x 15 alts is going to be a pain in the rear.
  8. Strings Well-Known Member

I agree, it's going to take quite a bit of work just to set things back exactly the way they were.
  9. Tylia Well-Known Member

You just gave me a headache. I am NOT looking forward to logging on today. :confused:
  10. Hot_Rod Member

My goblin is now unusable and does not have a cooldown due to this "Fix"
  11. suka Well-Known Member

umm, i kind of remember the old adage- if it ain't broke, don't fix it. what was wrong with the goblin that they had to fix it? usually fixing one thing messes everything up.

however, relax.. if you go into your prestige points and click the edit button, you will be able to click all the way back to the first point. now set up your window the way you want. you will find that you can now put in the entire line. however, please be aware that although the goblin claims to have only one point, it will act like it has 5 points. you don't have 4 other points to spend elsewhere.

the goblin spends all 5 invisible points but says it spent 1. so when you activate it, you lose the other 4 points.
    Zhaanish and Tylia like this.
  12. suka Well-Known Member

so it seems that once again, they went overboard in the fix. this doesn't just affect the goblin, it affects other skills that were dependent on the goblin points. there surely was another way to fix the bug.

I opened my tradeskill prestige and get 5 points in seasoned harvesting and one point in the goblin- all the rest grayed out. this means i now have to log into over 10 toons and fix their prestige points. i had my heart set on just working on a house and logging in later to get the harvests and do the apprentices and then back to the house again. lots of work to do now before i can have fun.

so i fixed it. on one. now it shows that i have all 25 points spent- the goblin acts as though it has all 5 spent even when it doesn't . seems you would be able to spend in another line if you only have one in the goblin. lol the fix is not really a fix. hope it fixes the bug though.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

it

Little monkey??? I didn't know there was a monkey that gathered mats as well.
    suka likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

lol think he is making a joke. there is no little monkey that gathers mats
    santargria likes this.
  15. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reports. I'm forwarding this issue so the team can take a look at it.
    Flyps likes this.
  16. Hot_Rod Member

Rebuffing really bites when you have to use another high level food, drink, potion for X, Potion for Y, Totem for Z and runspeed, oh and remember to remount ad reapply poisons (which are broken more than half the time and don't auto reuse anyway).

Most of the time I forget to reuse something till I stumble across the missing expected buff a week later. Multiply this by 20 Level 95+ characters, 18 Maxed (L100) trade skillers, I AM NOT looking forward to this week.

I really dislike the TS Table AA, I have 5 houses with full crafting stations, and 2 guilds, why would I waste AA on summoning them where I do not have a harvest box?

Edit:
    My previous post was deleted, no reason given. Typical treatment from my experience, but not appreciated.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

The 5 points for 1 in the goblin need to COUNT as 5 pts spent so we can get down to salvaging and refining with the same number of points spent as before. Currently we can't get down to refining and salvaging w/o 'wasting' 3 more points in crafting tables. so we have less to spend elsewhere
    Awkk and Tylia like this.
  18. suka Well-Known Member

lol seems they consolidated the threads while i was typing my edit.
  19. suka Well-Known Member

it does, if you have opened the edit and reassigned the points. just open the edit and click on the first point which unassigns all of the points spent and then respend them. the goblin counts as 5 points instead of 1 - it just shows 1.

also this is working as usual for me because i usually have 3 profiles saved - one for each line. so i usually do all points in the gathering line.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

as of a few expansions ago you can prespend your aas both adventure and crafting so that the points are automatically put in as you level that is why you are not showin all fo them