EverQuest II Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

[emphasis mine]

How does that PREVENT crashes? Most of the time when I still had an old clunky WinXP box, the whole Memory Usage thing was what would boot me out of the game completely, especially if I'd made the mistake of being in either Qeynos or Freeport for 5 minutes or so when it was raining. X-P

Uwk
  2. EPICNYGHT Goldmember "I got the Midas Touch"

This is an amazing game; I am really excited to hear about all the hard work you are all doing to improve the overall experience! Something I would like to see added to the UI is "Shift Click" - Having to move items one at a time is tedious at best. However, if we could say hold shift and select Mutiple items to move between bags that would be fantastic! I'm sure just about everyone would agree. - Ooh Also an app that allows you to use Chat/Bank/Broker/guild + friends window on a mobile device would be awesome, if it's even possible. Thanks again for all the effort!
    Jaden and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Wasn't the game playable on Macs, etc. back when we were SOE?

Uwk
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

because game seems to crash when it hits the process memory limit for 32 bit processes in windows
    so any subtle memory leak would take longer to cause problems for 64 bit systems
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How possible is that, really? A lot of the long-standing things could very well derive from any deliberate "spaghetti code" that certain programmers apparently tried to use as leverage, which only resulted in getting them booted out so hard the doors didn't have a chance to hit them in the tuchim (possible plural of tuchis; using that term instead of one that will be censored ;->), and had the rest of SOE figuring they'd just deal with the spaghetti and fix what they could.

Hopefully, the upgrades to hardware and software (I just hope my Win7 will still be able to play it) will help with some of that old crud; there may be other things that cropped up like 16-17 years ago and the veteran programmers that stayed are now retired and not able to help out directly with that any more. Dunno. :-/

Granted, there have been bugs introduced since then, but be honest: would you prefer to wait a year or more before getting another expansion, or should they spend that time squashing every bug they can? I would, but not everyone's that patient (or has that many alts as I do; getting everyone up to level 125 and dancing around the "new continent" before the next expac, well, for me, there's not enough hours in a day...on Jupiter ;->).

Ideally, one should endeavor not to introduce new bugs, aye; I've got the VoV Standard Edition already, but I won't upgrade to CE until it goes on sale, and hopefully the VoV bugs have all been squashed. ;->

Uwk
    Aenvar and Breanna like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity: why switch up Tinkerfest to May, Scorched Sky to June (originally taking the place of the Fireworks thing in July, that only Americans and French would really appreciate ;->), and Oceansfull to August? Granted, taking a dip in the ocean in the peak of summer is a cooling idea... ;->

With everything new going on, it'd be nice to have some things grounded in their traditional yearly places, but that may just be me. :-/

Uwk
    Morukta likes this.
  7. Ixian Active Member

It's possible this has changed since then, but you'd be surprised. There's a large number of older (as in real life age) players on fixed incomes still running old computers (some which were probably literally from around the time EQ2 launched and a few years after) -- when the min specs were bumped for Altar of Malice, it definitely left some people behind, and it wasn't even that much of a jump. Hopefully people have upgraded since then.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hopefully people have been able to... :-/

Uwk
    who still loves Win7, for many, many reasons ;->
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Macs can emulate Windows.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow! This sounds awesome!

Thank you for lifting the veil a bit so to speak, and I hope the trolls don't immediately rush out from under their bridges in response. Players seldom realize that they themselves have as much influence on the ebbs and flows of subscription numbers as the content does.

I will likely try both servers, but I'll have to experience Lore and Legend (like an Agnostic Dungeon only it's the whole server that's like that?) to see if I like it. Free trade rocks, and I love that aspect of Tarinax. I can run up and give a newbie a free snow cloud mount if I see he/she is struggling barefoot with nothing. I can broker much more gear and weapons that I don't save for alts.

I suspect both Varsoon Free Trade and the Lore and Legend servers will be quite popular, although Varsoon will likely leech players from Kaladim, as is the way with every new TL-PvE that launches. Maybe merging Kaladim into AB will finally give AB a good amount of new characters running around?

I also love EQ2 Holidays, they're the best of any MMO, so I'm glad to see them getting build up and continually supported like always.

Again, thanks for confiding in us, and I greatly look forward to what's coming.

PS/ Any news on Everquest 3 you can share? Can you at least confirm its existence?
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Sorry Vish, but tons of players exploiting mentoring, plus locked twink griefers endlessly killing new level 10s, and the slew of plat dupers that forced The Great Rollback all emptied out Tarinax. Thankfully, since most of the exploiters got banned, Frostfell has brought the honest players back, and the population is rising again.

There are always going to be OP and gimped classes in MMOs: It goes on in PvP and on PvE servers as well. FotM classes inevitably get nerfed, and life continues on. The only way to avoid that in any MMO would be to give everyone the same sharp pointy stick and the same one set of armor, with no other skills, and call it a day. ;)

And I don't play OP classes like Scouts, and I avoid the FotM ones like Bruisers etc, so that has zero impact on my views.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Aenvar Member

Thank you very much for sharing the roadmap with us! Looking great, got me excited about the future.
    Jaden, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  13. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Still no mention of Beholders or Centaurs as a PC option - seriously - take my money already!
  14. Laughing Owl Active Member

THANK YOU!
  15. Zinj Well-Known Member

16. Zinj Well-Known Member

If you're going to crash a server, at least make it a challenge. ;-)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mortisha like this.
  17. Mortisha Member

I second this. There are NO female NoTD illusions. We all know that the female player base has grown over the last ten years. Please for the love of the game, give us females proper NoTD outfits. I don't want to disguise myself as a male. I would also love to see summoned focus gear, and pet weapons such as those available to mages in eq1 added to everquest 2. I've been begging for this for years. Perhaps you could add a window, similar to the mercenary window, so we can equip our pets? I played a Mage in the original eq, and would love to see this back in the game. Visible weapons on qualifying (mage like) pets, please!?!?! I know it wouldn't show up on some pets, but I really miss the visuals on my magician pets, plus the extra dps, and protection would be nice. The higher end mobs eat our pets.
  18. Siren Well-Known Member

Er, there are tons of female NotD illusions. You can buy stacks of them from the NotD vendor inside the crafting areas (they're consumables). The default looks in the "try on screen" on some of them like the human ghosts are male, but if you're playing a female character, they'll turn female when you really use them. It's always been that way. I love that red vampire girl the best, but the Thurgadin spellcasters are awesome too. And that female with the six arms who's huge, she's cool, too.

Even the goblin who casts illusions on you offers many females. The NPC vampire blonde one is my fav, but there's the female spider illusion I love too that someone else mentioned, plus a couple others.

You can even "freeze" one look as long as you stay in one zone (otherwise they keep changing every couple min) by putting another illusion like the preorder buff on your character first, then having the goblin keep putting different illusions on you til you find one you want to keep. It will stay til you zone.

The goblin's illusions used to last all year on your character as long as your character didn't die, lol, but now they vanish after NotD is over, boo hoo! The consumable stacks of other illusions you buy from the NotD crafting vendor can still be used all year, though.
  19. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Exciting news ! I love that we have something to look for every month :) ( and potentially bicker about :eek: but I guess that is a sign of people caring about this game :) )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  20. girney Active Member

more heroic content of course :(