EverQuest II Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Kotter Legendary Member

what does that do?
    Jaden likes this.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Swag Store?

Is this RL merch or in-game cosmetics? Sounds good either way.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

first and foremost it will let the game consume more memory, on server and on your computer
    should eliminate crashes that arise from that
  4. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Please tell us more about Lore and Legend server.
  5. Bramdar Active Member

Thank you for putting this together! It's good to know the general plans and have an understanding of what you want to accomplish throughout the year. For my part, I'm definitely in favor of you continuing to do this.
    Jaden, Siren, Juraiya and 7 others like this.
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Just spitballing here, but it sounds like the agnostic dungeons, but applied to the entire game. EVERYTHING will forever be scaled to your level, so the gnolls in Blackburrow will be just as level 125 as the stuff in Forlorn Gist.
    Hartay likes this.
  7. Roark O'Ruairc Member

Would love to see Advanced Solo/Expert Instances become a thing again!
  8. JChan Developer

Soon(tm) ;)
    Jaden, Dude, Arazmus and 9 others like this.
  9. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

First of all, happy new year (a bit late, I know).

I returned to EQ2 about more than a year ago and started from scratch again, been having a blast since. Unfortunately, my wife and I had to take a break for a couple of months again due to some changes in rl, but we're still here and boy am I happy to see that EQ2 just keeps growing year after year. A true oldie but goldie.

Congratulations on VoV, looks like so much fun! Will be purchasing it later this year. I really like the dinosaur theme, it reminds me of simpler times when watching Jurassic Park was everything to me as a kid.

That being said, it's also great to see that 64-bit is getting some love. Gotta be honest here, never had a single crash playing EQ2 via Proton / Wine on Linux, possibly bc of the way that Linux and Wine handle 32-bit apps, but it's a welcome change indeed. Maybe now there will be some bits and bytes / memory left to fix a few old bugs that may or may not require more memory :)

Keep it coming ladies and gentlemen!
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They are gonna add commas!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

This is something that should have been done long ago
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. VAXen Member

This could end the dependency on DirectX 9.0c which will make new EverQuest II installs on new Windows 10/11 installations less problematic. Of all the listed work scheduled over the next year this is the one that ensures EverQuest II actually has a future. All the rest is cosmetic without the client update. Catch is there may be a very small number of computers that will be too old to make the move. Given the antiquity of DirectX 9.0c this should be trivial. If they are looking to the future I hope they support Linux operating system under Steam.

Guessing this could restore the currently broken, ingame, Guild voice chat, or finally make the move to an external Discord/Teamspeak type service.

Edit...
    Plus commas.... Yes please, pretty please.
    Catch is some of the world uses different characters for the integer/fraction number separator which forces different thousands separator characters. These need to be a player controlled option.

Next step Engineering notation to bring those inflating numbers under control.
    If I've just done 4,356,508,325 points of crushing damage I don't care if it was 4,356,509,000, 4,356,508,325 or 4,356,508,000. All those meaningless, trivial digits don't need to be displayed. Just kidding, some would insist on scientific notation.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Alina New Member

No new expansions for Kaladim after AoD? So Kaladim will end this sommer?
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

Just as reminder to keep it on the radar: There are different format options of numbers

[IMG]

Formating numbers need to be clientside - depending of the operating system option ;)
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Elden Ring New Member

looks like they felt the pressure from 2042 and had to release a roadmap ;)
    l&l server sounds way harder to nail than any time locked ones we've had :eek:
    eq3 for 20th anniversary would be nice :D
    Siren likes this.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

So just a 64 bit client update to look forward to in 2022.

No mention of tank balance that is killing the tanking part of the game fo years.

I am not sure why Kander or Caith are not fond of number squashing. What are commas going to achieve? Why not simply apply a division to the numbers so the combat logs generate up to 1000s or 100,0000s of numbers instead of billions or trillions.

Hand on heart, not a single person cares for bloated numbers. The commas are just as useful as the routine spelling typo corrections we see in update notes these days.
  17. Turnery New Member

• June
    • New Patches of Pride Items - New LGBTQIA pride familiars arrive!
    But you got rid of all the familiars in the marketplace except season eight which do not carry any potency!
    That is mere catering not the more creating!

18. Euredia Member

Finally!!! This makes it clear on expectations and what we can expect this year. I find value in this communication and continued updates are awesome to see.

Euredia
  19. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I'm glad to see some communication, any communication. However, I'll be taking the wait-and-see approach to what actually happens as the year goes by. I'd love to see things improve overall for ALL players, but history (and there is plenty) doesn't give me a lot of hope that will happen.

I also have to agree with Furhaal - there is a reason we 'kindly' refer to the game as "Everbug" - that's what I'd call priority #1 for 2022. Fix what is broken, don't add to it.
  20. Ronoc Member

If they are going to add compatabillity to more systems I would go apple stuff first. I know of a few people interested in playing but can't due to Mac not supporting the game. Maybe knock out a few pteradons with one bolt and find a solution for multiple platforms, like you mentioned put the game on steam