Kael Drakkel: Lore and Legend Server Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accendo Guest

[IMG]A whole new way to experience the lands of Norrath.

We're proud to present to you the newest way to play EverQuest II: Kael Drakkel, the Lore and Legend Server. This new special server ruleset allows you to play the first seven expansions of EverQuest II without ever worrying about if you have the right levels or gear for the adventure you want to take on.

We've heard over the years that sometimes when you or your friends take a break it's difficult to catch up and play with your friends. We've also heard that sometimes you want to experience older content without it being trivial, want to put together a casual raid with friends and not have to worry about leaving behind lower-level friends, or you just want to craft or decorate without worrying that you might be too "squishy" for where your quest for recipes takes you. We hear you loud and clear, this is why we've created this brand-new way to play.

On Kael Drakkel you will start at level 90 with a full set of level 90 gear. As you adventure through the lands, you will be auto-mentored down to levels appropriate for the zone that you are in, making content you normally would have been out-leveled relevant once again. Special loot drops along the way will allow you to upgrade your base gear as you progress. With over 1,800 achievements you can truly explore the game's rich lore like never before. A special leaderboard will allow you to see how your achievements progress stacks up with others on the server. You will also be able to see the percentage of players on the server who have completed each achievement.

Kael Drakkel is an opportunity to get involved in EverQuest II and experience the lore and the stories without worrying too much about whether you have the right gear. It's an opportunity to explore Norrath at your pace with the community and enjoy its rich and plentiful content. Want to do a Heritage quest? You can easily gather a group of any players because everyone is ready to go for whatever level tier is necessary—you can bring along anyone you choose.

Do you care about items and gear? Well, there is plenty to go around. Being level 90 already, there will be lots of loot and upgrades for you, even from lower-level content. Not to mention some amazing new armor and weapon appearances made exclusively for the Kael Drakkel server. Just for this exciting journey, the Dragons of Rime appearance set will be available to be earned via achievements and adventuring.

On February 22, 2022, we'll open up the lands of Kael Drakkel where you can start your new adventures. What will you plan on doing first?
    Julez, rutro, Rienna and 9 others like this.
  2. Xillean Well-Known Member

Sounds interesting, I will probably give it a go!
    Siren, Breanna and Ir1shguy like this.
  3. Ir1shguy New Member

Sounds fun but a new player would still end up being a bit lost. Was hoping something more like the agnostic dungeons or ESO. This is more of a Guild Wars 2 approach but without the leveling.

So will this be subs only or open to the masses?
    Hartsmith and Xillean like this.
  4. Orpiment Member

This going to be members only server same as the others? (just if I have to refigure my budget to sub again)
  5. Dyss Member

Sounds interesting! I'd like to try it.

Do characters on the Kael Drakkel server count against the number of your other characters?
    Hartsmith likes this.
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

Will Beastlord and Channeler be unlocked?
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

I'm not a gambler, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that both Kael Drakkel and the new TL-PvE free trade server Varsoon will both be gold sub only. Every single new server launch for many years now has always been gold sub.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Malachy Well-Known Member

So you start at 90 and cap at the ninth expansion Chains of Eternity cap of 95? Or you just stay 90?
  9. Denmum Developer

The quote of nine expansions was a typo. It is the first seven expansions, so you'll have Destiny of Velious and below unlocked, start at 90, and earn achievements, new gear, etc. from there - with new gear coming from any/all the lower tiers of content.
    Carynn, Hartsmith, Siren and 3 others like this.
  10. Grrrrrl Member

Soo on this server I'm level 90 .. if I want to do like gathering obsession I will get auto mentored . Is there a way to unmentor in zones when you just want to do harvests or get runes for dragon language?
  11. Jovie Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, but this will be a ghost town within 3 months. Stop it. Just freaking stop.
  12. Honeysparkle Tessabella

My guildies and I have been wanting a server like this for years! We are so excited for this!!! Thank you thank you!
    Hartsmith, Rienna and Siren like this.
  13. Choot Member

Color me intrigued! Sounds very promising.
  14. shaunisme Member

start at 90? no thanks, will wait on new TLE
    Schmetterling and Kotter like this.
  15. Nilyana Active Member

Will we be able to play as channelers and beastlords, even though those are from later expansions?
    Hartsmith and Siren like this.
  16. Malachy Well-Known Member

-Groups immediately
    -No grinding for XP and levels
    -No waiting for content (like TLE)
    -Lower level content isn't trivialized (like Lives)

Now if they allowed characters to get temporarily flagged for PVP and transfers to live servers were free...it'd be even better.
    Curious about crafting since it isn't mentioned at all.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Kenn Well-Known Member

How will this be different from mentoring down? I had to solo old zones because no one wanted to mentor down with me to play the old zone and some of them required multiple players, mostly the epic zones.

Are the achievements and leaderboard at the guild level, or just personal level?
  18. Zinj Well-Known Member

Hey Niami! Miss seeing you on MajDul. Hope you're having fun with the Devs.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Zinj Well-Known Member

Sounds like you just login, grab anyone for a group, and away you go. No worrying about their level or gear, it's all pre-configured. The longer and more you play, the better your 90 level gear is likely to be, but I suspect it will be of marginal value per peice.
    Siren likes this.
  20. Kenn Well-Known Member

That is interesting. So the program sees everyone that wants to play in a group and forms the group automatically with the correct classes?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.