EverQuest II Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Hey there Uwk, and so we meet again! :D How's that PC upgrade coming along btw? Need any help?

Yeah, I hear you! Although I assume dropping the other languages was a probably a way to save some resources, if only the special characters were being an issue. German localisation could have been kept alive via workaround. For example, if the exclusive (?) character code for the german localistion was indeed an issue, why not limit german players to the same type of US / ENG keyboard or characters. Instead of allowing umlauts like Ä, Ö, Ü, just let the ppl type AE, OE, UE instead. Same goes for everything else, limit them to what works for the rest of us. Ppl can just hook up an american / us / eng keyboard or just change the keyboard layout via their operating system. I swap between keyboard layouts all the time actually. Maybe I am misunderstanding the underlying issue here, dunno tbh, but workarounds are better than dropping a language completely, I guess? It does seem to me like the german folks wanna give EQ2 another go. The poor guy Qual just wants to join the fun... he did his very best to let us all know that there is a fire raging deep within his soul.

QUAL, GIB NICHT AUF, DU BIST NICHT ALLEIN! :D
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eek! Caught...nope, haven't done anything new with the old computer yet; if it lasts until we get our tax refund before dying, that may be what we get with the funds. ;->

Thanks for all the help so far! I'll definitely holler if something goes awry! :)

So that's where the smished-together ligature letters in English came from! Old German! :D

Or maybe they're the Latin equivalents? :-/

And I'm sure folks were doing workarounds, it's just disconcerting to try to name a place and have nothing but occasional letters and a lot of empty boxes instead. :-/

And it still doesn't explain why no -, ~, ', etc. (or why EQ1 does just fine with them, last I heard, and we don't). :-/ At least we got our apostrophes back; it seems to be on an alphanumeric special character-by-character basis.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They originated as scribal abbreviations for the most part.
  4. Sweety D Well-Known Member

I am hoping this means real life Swag? Would love to know if this is still going to be a September release?
  5. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

It is indeed real life SWAG, and we will keep everyone posted when we know more.
  6. Sweety D Well-Known Member

Woot! Thank you for the response. I’ll certainly be placing a big order for some EQ gear!
  7. Riverbear Active Member

Interesting.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Keep in mind SWAG has several meanings, haha.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sealed With A Gasp? :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.