EverQuest II Roadmap 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

People have to realize that there aren't enough dev hours available to work on events all at the same time. So they're doing one batch this year, another batch next year, and so on. The holidays will still be getting updates. In recent years the updates have been minimal, so instead of just doing minor updates, they will pick a few to do bigger updates, is all.

This isn't taking anything away, and is, in fact, a promise of new and improved things to come!
    Rosyposy, Breanna, Arazmus and 3 others like this.
  2. Taled Well-Known Member

Yes. So it will get a larger update this year, then smaller next year, then rotate in kind. It won't be ignored, it just won't get a flashy giant boost every single year.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

After that, will they get back to their usual schedule again? :-/

Uwk
    Xillean likes this.
  4. Riverbear Active Member

Lack of staffing is not anything 'people' need to accept. Savvy? Service provider has the obligation to deliver on their promises. It does not fall to us to make excuses when SP does not maintain staffing levels.
    Ayodi, EmJay, Fuhraal and 1 other person like this.
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

lack of staff....
    They have time to lay yet another server, but when it comes to properly balancing the live game, that's a whole other ballgame.
    It's just a question of money, with a new server they will put items, advantages, only desirable on this said server, with surely a useful item on the live. Be prepare to see a ' lore and legend bundle chest thing ' incoming soon.
    They need to run the machine. To dive a long time into this class redesign, so that it finally works, and not 3 months after a beta, is not profitable.
    Money rules this world.
    Siren, Fuhraal and Morukta like this.
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

Nothing is free, not really. If you could please focus on one thing at a time maybe change will happen :)
    Fuhraal and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I guess you didn't read the Terms of Service that you clicked through when you started playing? You are not promised any updates to seasonal events, or any other aspects of play, ever. Because an event has been created and updated in the past is not a promise that they will do so in the future.

You should be happy they've embarked upon a plan sustainable in their current business model to update seasonal holidays AT ALL.
    Breanna, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Momo like this.
  8. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

Just, :confused:.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

anyway, they work harder on one or 2 event's every year the last one was Frostfell .
    We will find out what events gets the special treatment this year.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Riverbear Active Member

Hmm________________Not sure what all your words achieve, yet it sounded like it came from the heart :)
    ~The service contract is for them to avoid litigation.It has nothing to do with game experience quality. End of discussion.~
    As to you referencing the first redoubt of online business defense in order to shield your own foibles - not relevant.
    Facts are facts.
    In sporting 1/10th of the certainly skilled and very dedicated employees they need to address
    an endeavor the size of EQ2, the game as a whole ( that means all of it:) proactive solutions are tardy at best.
    Money don't rule nuthin', Sug. People do :)
    Ayodi and Fuhraal like this.
  11. vlada Active Member

lord and lady are titles granted at certain guild levels. i believe its level 50. it's probably better if you dont complain about things you know nothing about. and leave sigdrifa alone, she's ubiquitous but harmless
  12. Morukta The ORIGINAL Micro-Gnome

I think what Fuhraal was referring to was people using those words as part of their characters names, not the titles that are easily and readily obtainable in the game via faction, etc (I'm not aware of them being related to guild levels, but maybe they are...). They are two completely different things, and the use of those titles as part of the character name IS a violation of the agreements as he said. It always has been.
    So, he actually does know what he's talking about. Personally, I agree with him in regard to those titles & character names. But I also know nothing is ever going to be done about it, because I'm a bit of a realist. LOL
    Fuhraal and Riverbear like this.
  13. Fuhraal New Member

After looking at your activity history, I'm not surprised - birds of a feather and all that. :rolleyes:
    Also, what Morukta said. I was talking about NAMES, NOT prefix titles. It's a good idea to make sure there's a floor on the other side before you jump through the painting... lest you go SPLAT. o_O
    Morukta likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

something is going on, I was able to get to character window, but all my toons are still locked, but this usually means we are getting close to the servers opening back up.

I miss dreamweaver, he always kept us up to date.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Good Rivervale was forced into AB, now I don't need a subscription in order to delete those last toons I still had there, to bad I was not able to empty their bags.

I tried to give some kronos to the toons on those 2 accounts, but all 3 kronos disappeared and I was told I tried to trade kronos to an account that needs a subscription, no kidding, I had the toon for the other account right in front of me, not knowing it had already expired.
    Update, I found my kronos on the toon I gave them to, on AB :), so they were not lost :D
  16. DENSER Well-Known Member

The position of community manager must have the same title but surely no longer has the same requirements in the contract;)
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I's alive, the servers are unlocked.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Early! OMG! :eek:

That's what I get for trying to get some sleep this morning/afternoon before the Deluge was supposed to take place (we got hail instead, accompanied by Zeus and Thor having a Richard-measuring contest). X-P

(And just a word to the snipers, snippers, dramatists, etc. in previous posts; that's the kind of thing that gets a possibly useful thread Locked. :-/)

Uwk
  19. Riverbear Active Member

er. . . . . . . . You left out us holier than thous and paragons of virtue!
    Hooey! Balderdash!
    So don't rock the boat? Know your place? Eyes down? - Survival techniques of a 20K post participant.
    Ayodi, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  20. Carynn Well-Known Member

I pretty much play for the holidays, too. Dunmum and Kaith let it be known that they've moved to an every other holiday New Quest system. So you get overseers one year, then a real quest the next. But you always get new buyables/craftables every year.