Eth class-Ethershadow Assassin

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anzark, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Mrmacky Active Member

If they nerf pets more maybe that'll help
  2. Darchon6 Member

If any reductions are made to the ability, it needs to be the power to damage ratio and/or rank multiplier. I expect this ability to scale with 100% of the player's attributes, otherwise it will become less meaningful with the passage of time and statistical inflation.

For example, they could reduce the damage to 20% of its current value by changing it to 1 point of damage every 5 points of power.
  3. Konc3pt Active Member

it's the manaburn i always wanted but never got
    Cragfire and Tharrakor like this.
  4. Arieva Well-Known Member

Further comparisons in raid last night had Ethershadow assassin doing 2-3x the damage of scorched earth (my best option as an elementalist for comparison at this point). Scorched Earth was grandmaster level, Ethershadow assassin at Apprentice. Potency of Elementalist was higher by at least 1000 points.

A 20% reduction really wont come close to bringing this in line right now...50% maybe. I have serious concerns however how this ability in its current or even reduced form can not basically destroy the heroic gameplay. Its a near instant hit whereas scorched earth is a 30 second duration dot. Anything that dispels dots or dies quicker than 30 and elementalists lose their big damage ability. One etherealist with rising tide and apprentice level Ethershadow assassin is basically capable of one shotting all but challenge heroic names now. Even with lets say a 50% reduction 2 people in a group with it and same result. How is this fun gameplay? Its not all about raids there kiddies.

Any Ascension ability hitting for 10's of billions needs to be a DoT or anything short of raid level mobs is going to be a joke. I can see it now..6 etherealists in group fighting to get their ethershadow assasins to land on heroic named pulls. "Did yours land before it died?" "Nope just yours and the tank that pulled with it...Maybe next time"

Not good at all guys.
    captainbeatty451 and Meneltel like this.
  5. Brightlyz Active Member

Good idea, I like it!
  6. Revel Well-Known Member

If its nerfed again based on the top players procing fervor and hammer etc, it becomes worthless to the average player or at low levels.

It takes 80% of your mana. It should hit hard.
    Kraeref likes this.
  7. Vitrian New Member

It would be awesome if you would scale this ability back already! It takes a lot of fun out of being a DPS class when a single person (with no fervor rune, no hammer, less than 20k pot) can cast rising tide and then hit heroic bosses for 50-90% of their life.

For the record, i'm not talking about crits. A person I group with does it on every single boss fight.
    Dithmir likes this.
  8. Healsu Active Member

Im going to agree with Arieva on this one as im the person she is talking about in raids and groups ;). If you know how to master the ability by increasing certain stats and timing etherashadow assassin can hit for some serious dmg. However if you don't have the high stats or know what your doing the ability is craptastic at best. in raids my etheralshadow assassin hits for double or triple the amounts of others in raid because I know how to get the most out of it.

I don't think a 50% reduction is nessecary cause getting it to hit that hard I lose a lot of my chain dps in doing so ( ravaging rising tide etc ) but another 20-30% seems to be about right.
  9. Revel Well-Known Member

Sounds like a case of sour grapes. No one with minimal fervor and less than 20k potency is hitting heroic bosses for anywhere close to that much damage after this past Thursday.
  10. Anzark Member

Just make it not crit anymore just like manaburn/lifeburn
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

actually Im also referencing a certain highly skilled Illy when talking about impact on heroic content. Her ability now at apprentice is near one shotting heroic names. No ravaging or hammer there..at best rising tide and a heartbound. Now 6 months from now if this ability remains anywhere near as powerful you will have 6 etherealists in group because you can bet your buns no one well informed will step out without this ascension class. Incoming scenario I mentioned above.

As for lost dps while casting the ability..only a beastlord could even come close to making this claim and there are several threads delving into that so we will just leave that be. Im going to guess there is no ability or chain of abilities on a hammerless illy that can push them up to 2 billion dps on a heroic name.

Scorched earth well timed (as best as i can test it with the new found lag in raids) did about 17% of my parse at grandmaster. On a similar pull where im guessing everything fell into line perfectly EA did 44% of yours at apprentice. If we halve that you would still be looking at 22% no? How is that too much? Except for the fact that sounds more to me like a grandmaster level hit rather that apprentice. And even at that we still face the inevitable one shotting of heroic names with several etherealists in group. Hence the damage over time suggestion for anything capable of hitting in the over 10 billion range at current stat levels.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

You can chill on the "BL so OP" stuff - with the reset nerf BLs are now just as good (or bad) as your average T1 DPS. I'm occasionally sitting there waiting for things to come off cooldown, and most of my casts are now filler since my primals aren't constantly resetting, so I have plenty of time to weave in ascension stuff whenever.
  13. Anzark Member

BL's still do insane amount of burst...without ethershadow and with the hammer/reset rune nerf..it's the fervor rune that make it insane.
  14. Anzark Member

Actually you can say BL's are a ethershadow assassin...they can burst a KA heroic name down within 5 secs or less.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Maybe the devs need to playtest more and convince their bosses to let them do that
    Whiomaju likes this.
  16. Arieva Well-Known Member

calm your t i t s beastlords and others..its not my goal to turn this onto one of those threads. I merely meant to point out that the argument of lost dps while casting this particular ascension should it be significantly reduced is really only a beastlord problem and any reset nerfs aside, the amount that this ascension is currently hitting for can significanly hurt the game in the long run once everyone is running it regardless of class.
  17. Healsu Active Member

OK lest leave t i ts out of this please they have done nothing wrong but look nice! And your right this isn't about turning a thread into a ***** fest on nerfs but it isn't just about BL either its about any class including mages and scouts who use a chain rotation when procs are up. Yes i agree the ascension spell needs a re-adjustment but what i don't want is a 3 month up and down like the sumonmers had last expansion with there swarm pets. At the end of the day i want all T1 dps to compete and the game not to need to easy mod cause of god like abilities.
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

My point was that "it's not a beastlord problem anymore either". That is, casting ascension stuff was only a waste for me back when my hammer+rune were both proccing independently and my primals were up frequently. Now that I have a global 2 minute cooldown on resets, my primals are not up constantly. Thus, I don't "hurt" my DPS by choosing to cast an ascension nuke in the long dry spells between primals being up. The rest of my CAs continue to be worthless filler so I have plenty of time to do whatever now (including tab out for a few seconds to go scroll down on whatever I'm reading on the other monitor) between primals being up.
  19. Greene Active Member

I kind of have this problem on TLE to a lesser extent. MOST of my dps is from auto attacks, so casting spells/CAs don't seem to matter as much as they should.

I usually avoid posting about it, as their "fixes" for this stuff is usually to gut the hell out of it and not change say mob HP to match the dps removal. Grats, stuff now takes 10x longer to kill lol.
  20. Lithinor Member

what's that one ascension ability that effectively lowers the mobs level by 1? you people are funny calling for a nerf on eth assassin. if i have to explain the humor it's already lost on you