Eth class-Ethershadow Assassin

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anzark, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Brightlyz Active Member

Cant believe they nerfed this ability, one shoting everything seemed par for the course these days. :p lol
    rutro likes this.
  2. quisling Well-Known Member

Nah...what makes me nervous is spending the summer working on runes that were "bait and switched" later...
    Whiomaju, Lucus and Meneltel like this.
  3. Ellimist Active Member

I stopped working on the runes and I didn't have time to do the summer ethereals but they broke the game long ago. They need to be fixed. The imbalance is far too high between the lowest and highest. The whole tithe thing is going to cause problems as well soon. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the folks at revelations that were posting here are close to maxing at least one of their tithe things. but imagine what it does to potency. how do you balance it for someone who has say 10 - 20 points in a tree to someone who has 100 points in the tree with the changes they made.

Interesting times ahead with balance. interesting times indeed. Its worse than its ever been I believe.

not that I'm going to stop playing I can finish all the content I want so all good but still.
    Tharrakor and rutro like this.
  4. Heck62 Active Member

I'm just tired of feeling like Charley Brown dreaming about the awesome punt he is gonna make,just as Lucy pulls the ball out of the way.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Nice reference! :cool:

I'm just waiting on the servers to come back up to see if its still worth dumping 80% of my power during a fight or not.
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

So Ethershadow Assassin hitting for 20billion at Apprentice...Scorched earth hitting for 5-6 billion at grandmaster. Yeah..this is more balanced. Whatever this patch did seemed to make the lower versions of the spell MORE powerful. While it may have fixed the high hits its still way more powerful than what the other ascension classes get in comparison.
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

Grandmaster still hits insane so the patch didnt fix that either.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

Par for the course and part of the business plan.
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

The fix for broken abilities doing insane damage to raid encounters isn't to lower the damage of the abilities, it is to put a fail script on the raid encounters for doing too much dps. This expansion's raiding was already afk raiding most the time now it is full time afk.
    Neiloch likes this.
  10. Tattoo Active Member

people need foresight when it comes to things that are rediculously overpowered
  11. Anzark Member

Yup this ability is still doing insane amounts of damage even after the supposed fix.
  12. Arieva Well-Known Member

I want to point out that on the same fight, in the same group, on a non-legendary crit (regular crit) this ability at apprentice did 4x as much as my big nuke, grandmastered, elementalist scorched earth ability that did in fact tick to full duration. I think this is significant unless etherealist is just supposed to be THE dps ascension option. Even if ravaging happened to hit and 100% fervor was applied its still out of wack severely based on spell quality. Stats between players are close for the purposes of initial testing tho the elementalist may actually outclass the Etherealist as far as potency

I did other groups in the evening where the apprentice level ethershadow assassin crit at either legendary or fabled and seemed to blossom way beyond my dot tick Scorched earth. Unless by some chance the reflect is still supposed to exhibit significant dps for the elementalist this is a serious imbalance based on ascension class
  13. Greene Active Member

If you look through my post history enough, I think I posted the Lucy/Charlie Brown pic after every TLE server expansion release lol... :)
  14. Kaarkula Active Member

I don't want it nerfed.

Just make the other nukes in the other ascension classes hit so hard.. there isn't any reason why one it particular should hit for way more than any of the others.
    quisling likes this.
  15. quisling Well-Known Member

It IS pretty one sided...and like most of the ridiculous imbalances in the game, I have no understanding as to why.
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

What are you talking about. This ability needs to be nerfed. No one wants to play a game where an ability is just one shotting everything. No one wants to play a game where an ability that is not even from there own class is doing 90% of there parse. No one wants to play this game at all this expansion because of how terrible these abilities have made the game. Let's see how long the already low player base lasts if they don't address these abilities soon.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  17. Veta Well-Known Member

You don't scale everything to be as powerful. The one ability trivializes heroic content and can do up to 10% of a raid encounters hp pool in a single cast. If everything was as powerful, pre-fight counts would be to make sure everyone blows their lvl 2 abilities on pull. There shouldn't be any reason for any ability to be more potent than stuff that is considered to be class defining.
  18. Kaarkula Active Member

I guess im weird.. I don't ever ask for nerfs...on anyone.
    Redlight likes this.
  19. Ixian Active Member

That's well and good, and in most circumstances it's better to try to bring everyone up rather than one person down. But this ability is just too ridiculous to allow it to continue on.
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Heck, just make bosses immune to it, seems so many mobs will cast spells that stifle me and I have no natural to remove that. Its a pain when soloing. So why not just make certain bosses immune to it?