Eth class-Ethershadow Assassin

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anzark, Dec 25, 2016.

1. wazul Active Member

lol
    you can say that for all spell.
    remove fervor for the calculation because i have not fervor.

for me fervor existe for all or for nothing. and perhaps with the epic you get fervor.

for me etheshadow is fine now.
  2. Twisty Well-Known Member

3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Then let's talk about that ability that did that. It needs to be looked at too.
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

All money spent will be for nothing. Just a present to daybreak. So basically far from pay to win. Because people paid but they are not going to win anything after a nerf.
    Honestly all this bs is getting old. People pay money for upgrades because it's available option provided by daybreak then daybreak turns around and nerfs things to oblivion. People who paid are a laughing stock, daybreak keeps money with no one the wiser.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

You can all be not or for it but if it's available option provided by the company within a game you cannot forbid folks for paying with real cash. It's the way it is. In real life too. But when the company turns around and so call fix it then they should refund. People spend money with expectation for a delivery of the final product. If somebody pays 100 grands for Tesla they expect to have a range of 300 miles on one battery charge. Tesla cannot turn around after purchase made and replace the battery with the one of 100 miles range.

So I am sure folks who paid money will be pissed.

That's what I don't like about daybreak. Money grab with no delivery.
  6. Veta Well-Known Member

That ability was looked at and nerfed the same week as ethershadow assassin nerf attempt #1. I am curious though, what is your etherealist character's name and is your profile open?
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

This ability is still hitting at least double what levinbolt hits and probably more towards 4x what levinbolt hits. If people thought this ability was going to stay as it was, one shotting names and trivializing all the content in the game, well then you have some major intelligence issues.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Of course it's opened. The character name is Ladaa (coercer) on AB server. You are welcome to look at it.
  9. Veta Well-Known Member

You pass for the most part I suppose. I was curious how many people crying about the ethershadow assassin nerf only paid to win the one ability as soon as they found out how much it was doing.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Yep. I was stupid enough to pay for upgrades. Did it for most of my ascension spells. Which I normally do for all spells. I just have bit of a disposable income to do it. I either research them the long way or buy masters right away for those that help me in raids. And help raids in general. But this one I updated not even looking at carefully to realize that it's too powerful and will be nerfed. Well what can I say ... money wasted :)

I actually bought it before the nerf attempt was made. I just like to have spells maxed.
    EDIT: usually I am not a one who cries for nerfs. Quite opposite. I was upset about mimicry 'fix' sometime ago and definitely against a hammer and reset runes nerfs. What I would like of daybreak to actually test through and through items or spells before they go live. Would be much better for community rather than give something very powerful and then take it back. With ascension spells nerf was worse than anything because daybreak played with people money with no refund. It's really really bad business practice. Sorry for the long reply :)
    Meneltel likes this.
  11. Entropy Well-Known Member

Several points here:

1) It's intended to be the hardest hitting ascension nuke.
    2) It doesn't doublecast, like most of them will do.
    3) It's not likely to be directly improved by any of the epic rewards, so no quad-casting, direct %-dmg improvement, etc. (Time will tell as we see the rest of these, but I'd bet a krono that it won't happen with Ethershadow).
    4) It doesn't count towards record abilities.
    5) People go out of their way to cast Ethershadow in optimal conditions (e.g. charm-doubled POT, fervor procs up, etc). Not the case with the other ascension nukes, which are used as filler.
    6) It has a negative side-effect that conflicts with a few named scripts. (Granted, not hard to recover from.)
    7) I'm willing to bet that people paid more DBC to upgrade this further than they did with their other abilities, so you have a skewed data set right now, and will be the case until people research/buy their way up the rest of the abilities.
    8) Some of the higher level ascension abilities that we haven't yet seen in action look really good. I am particularly curious about how "Implosion" performs, after it gets boosted by the epic reward.
    9) We haven't seen what the Epic 2.0s will do to ascension in general. There is a reasonably high chance they will boost them. If they grant some kind of significant base % boost to all normal ascension nukes, then Ethershadow, being a scripted ability, will again probably not get that bonus (see #3 above).
    10) We haven't discovered most (any?) of the "ascension synergy combos" and thus don't know how good any particular ability will actually be at endgame.

So in summary: I get it. This thing looks good right now. There's still a lot of limiting factors and unknowns though, so before everyone continues to whine about this, perhaps we wait and see how things play out over the next few months.

It's already been nerfed by a factor of ~10x from its original form. I merged all of my named kills from last night's raiding, and it's doing about the same DPS as Daggerstorm or my primals. I don't think that's an unreasonable power level for it at the moment.
    captainbeatty451 and Azian like this.
  12. Veta Well-Known Member

1. How do you know its intended to be the hardest hitting ascension nuke? I don't recall confirmation on this. If people are assuming abilities should be better because of the level requirement to have them, then my level 10 damage ability needs a boost according to my beta results.

5. Not true, I definitely use my ascension abilities in optimal conditions because for 1:1 abilities (taking into account efficiency), they are still doing a lot more. An example I can use for this would be soulrot. 2 casts are around 200mil dmg each, which would be a 2-second cast time when I could cast wildfire for billions in the same amount of time. I don't have to use swarms/pet stuff during the actual up-time and can pre-cast them as they will auto-update their stats at the right time leaving me the duration of temps to maximize other abilities.

7. Yup, people probably did. There are also people who paid to upgrade all their damage abilities for etherealist to grandmaster, so you can't really say the data is skewed when you only need 1 example to show how hard it is hitting compared to the others.

Some of your points seem to be assumptions rather than facts.
    DamnataAnimus likes this.
  13. Yards Well-Known Member

I was not saying the ability should be nerfed again, I was saying that the ability is still good. People are trying to say it is terrible now etc. The ability as it was originally was completely dumb.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  14. Entropy Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, sorry. Re-read your post with that in mind and I got your gist. I assumed other intent when I read it first time. :)
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

when you have one ability hitting for billions of damage and the rest on other classes can't even get close to that, it is obviously broken, regardless if it is released intentionally broken or not.

people paid so they could get a OP as heck ability and should not be surprised it would get nerfed given the difference in performance of it vs other classes abilities.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I paid not b/c I wanted an OP spell. I paid because I want all my spells upgraded. So you can keep your opinion of motivations all to your self. You don't know **** about people's intentions. But daybreak knew what they gave people so it was a money grab and then they turned around and nerfed it. So they perfectly knew what they were doing from the start. To get as much as possible from as many as they could. For your information at apprentice level that spell didn't even hit hard. And I upgraded my spell before this bruhaha of crying for Nerf started.
    Conifur likes this.
  17. Lucus Well-Known Member

i did not say 'all people' who upgraded did so because of it's OP damage, but DBG did count on and did cash in on people doing this.

TBH i don't see the point paying DBC for spell upgrades when you can wait a little bit or buy the rare componet off the broker to speed things up if you have the plat.

it would not surprise me if they planned on it being too powerful in ideal situations so they could cash in on it.
  18. Revel Well-Known Member

"but DBG did count on and did cash in on people doing this."

This is bait & switch and companies get into legal trouble for doing this. Game companies should as well.
    Kraeref likes this.
  19. Lucus Well-Known Member

problem is you have to prove they released it the way they did in order to bait and switch.
  20. Heck62 Active Member

I just go with common sense.The problem with this tactic is a lot of people will not upgrade with DBC again.My EA gets resisted a lot more than it used to also.At the end I think most of these abilities will be nerfed to the point all the classes are the same which stinks my opinion.The only consideration will be the ability to switch damage types and which earring is the best.