Eth class-Ethershadow Assassin

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anzark, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Heck62 Active Member

Heck,just take Ascension out of the game.Even a math challenged idiot like me could figure out these abilities would hit hard once I understood the formula.EA is not the only hard hitter,so what's the option.Remove or nerf to uselessness.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree..one shotting stuff is fun for about a day. Then it gets really old. Some of us enjoy running heroics and don't want a repeat of last expansion where everything died in 2 seconds and you only showed up on the parse if your ability landed first... I'm pretty sure making bosses immune to it would anger etherealists much more than just making it hit similarly to what other ascension nukes do. It was about right on the low tier (apprentice etc) before yesterday..high end was ridiculous. Now both are ridiculous. If its intended to hit that hard then the 30 second DoT nuke an elementalist gets is pretty much worthless because in heroic anyway nothing will live that long with an etherealist in group. Throw as many etherealists as most raid guilds have in raid and raid mobs may not either ><
    -Soteria- likes this.
  3. Yards Well-Known Member

They changed the T3 raid mob encounters and added in a hidden fail affect. Now if you dps to much over a given amount of time the name does a red emote that says " Damaging Vhaksiz the Shade too quickly has caused them to panic, releasing a massive shockwave through your raid party! ". This kills the entire raid. If I had to take a guess as to why they put that in, it would be that they had no faith in their own dev team to fix the abilities so they added in a cheap band-aid.
    Konc3pt likes this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Blowing up the raid? Havent seen that since:
    Cragfire likes this.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

lol I remember that. the skyshrine raid for the mount had something similar. DON'T MOVE!

oops did I just admit playing WOW? :p
  6. Ixian Active Member

http://www.euclidlibrary.org/images/tickle-your-brain/khadfield_halloween_mummy.png?sfvrsn=0 The story of EQ2 and cheap band-aids.
  7. Entropy Well-Known Member

No. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

In most circumstances it's better to bring one overpowered thing down instead of boosting everything else. Doing it the other way around (as you suggested) always leads to massive power inflation and trivialization of content.

I don't want an easy game (at least not at the high end). I'd play Candy Crush on my phone if I wanted a mindless gaming diversion.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  8. Ixian Active Member

I guess it depends what level of overpowered-ness we're talking about. Yes, if something is so overpowered that it makes everything trivial, that's bad. I'm thinking more along the lines of something that's slightly above the baseline.
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

All I can say is, how is this ability still as broken as it is. Are these dev's really this incompetent or do they just want to kill eq2. This ability alone if left the way it is will kill the player base if not fixed asap. It is trivializing the whole entire expansion. I just duo'd every heroic zone because the other person had ethershadow assassin. Raiding is completely a joke and the only reason we haven't cleared every raid encounter is because you have to have your epic 2.0. If the dev's were trying to find a way to kill the game well then they did a fine good job, I tip my hat to you.
    Anaiul, Veta and Konc3pt like this.
  10. Konc3pt Active Member

they're treating eq2 like the warlock class. killing it
  11. Dithmir Active Member

Yes it appears to still be broken, nothing has changed on it from what i can see. Nerf failed
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

It definitely changed... by about 40-50% at least. It still needs more adjusting beyond that though.

On a separate but related note, keep in mind that we're seeing very powerful boosts to other ascension skills with the higher tiers of epic rewards. I'm sure this won't be the only skill that will need adjusting when all is said and done.
  13. kluxor Well-Known Member

When used under "normal" circumstances, its not all that great. When used with 200fervor, and 40k+ pot with a rising tide charm is stupid powerful. It's going to be hard to find a balance between the two, so slow changes are nice instead of just nerfing it into uselessness
    -Soteria- likes this.
  14. Dithmir Active Member

My apprentice assassin has been hitting for as much as 30 billion in heroics over a small sample today... i mean its apprentice, should i really be able to hit for so much? My fervor is only 5, no heartbound, no 16 fervor belt. I'm sure sometimes its been hitting for 30 billion without rising tide also. Can this be intended?
  15. Fleurs Active Member

Show us a parse and link to your character on EQ2, i have 14k potency, 3800 crit bonus, and i hit for 3-4 billion max WITH rising tide (so it bring me to 24k potency) and that was before the nerf. Apprenctice too. So i doubt you can do 30 billion without rising tide and fervor.
  16. Dithmir Active Member

My character is dithmir on thurgadin, he is basically max geared from heroics and has average to decent tithe. Yes my potency is high but still 30 billion seems excessive and not intended for the apprentice version of the spell with any currently available gear set up. I deleted the parse but 3 of us used ethshadow on one the nameds in shrouded temple yesterday, it took 9 seconds to kill (felt like less). He was down to maybe 5% health almost instantly.

To me it still feels completely broken, this supposed nerf does not feel like its done anything at all.
  17. Dithmir Active Member

Seems it is the critical hits that are the big ones... why not just stopping it critting like they did to bulwark of the rime?
  18. Entropy Well-Known Member

That'd decrease the damage by a factor of 40x. And if you count in the fact that it can't doublecast and doesn't count towards record spells, it'd instantly become the worst ascension nuke. "Not Critting" isn't the solution.

It needs further adjustment (and I'm confident that it'll get it), but removing crits isn't the answer.
  19. Elinea Well-Known Member

Dude, your potency needs nerfed. Good lord, you have 25k potency and are a tank. What did you expect that thing to hit for?
  20. Dithmir Active Member

It is not my potency which is making it hit for 30 billion i can tell you that much, no other abilities i have are in the same ballpark, not even remotely close. It is still very much broken.

There are many people capable of much much bigger hits than 30 billion. Factor in much higher fervor than mine, GM upgraded and dps class the potential is for 100 billion+ hits