Eth class-Ethershadow Assassin

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anzark, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Entropy Well-Known Member

Oh don't worry, I've seen that train coming from miles away. Between that and the 49% combat mit epic boosted debuff, it could get interesting.
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

meh nerfed to worthlessness now, oh well it was fun while it lasted.
  3. Revel Well-Known Member

Why bother with it when Levinbolt is just as good and doesn't take 80% of your power? This was way overdone.

People will laugh, but there really needs to be some kind of refund mechanic in place for people who bought it. It's like going to a dealership and buying a car with a V-8 and after closing the deal and paying they tell you that they're swapping it out to a V-6. Someone needs to start holding companies accountable for this kind of behavior, and not just sweep it under the rug and say "oh the EULA"

People wouldn't let this kind of bait & switch on a tangible good go. It boggles my mind people are so defensive of game companies.
    Kraeref and Meneltel like this.
  4. Pinkpink New Member

Cool, Etherealist now has two abilities that arent even worth casting. Ether Assassin and Ether Conduit. Why. Why?
  5. Revel Well-Known Member

Because Daybreak is too cheap to pay interns $10 an hour on an entry level job to playtest their content, and the devs and people they sub contract out to don't actually play the game.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

There needs to be a refund for the whole expansion.
  7. Revel Well-Known Member

Between this kind of P2W creep and the ridiculousness of the epic faction grinds, selling old content as new, I'm already considering not renewing less than 2 full months after the expansion dropped, a new record for SOEbreak. Guess I can soon add them to EA as companies I will never purchase a product from again.

You honestly can't tell anymore if these abilities are deliberately overpowered from the start to entice more people to purchase (the 40% off sale just as people leveled enough to buy it was awfully convenient) with the intention of destroying them after they have the money. I noticed this behavior on Planetside 2, where a weapon would go on daily sale just before a patch crippled it.
  8. wazul Active Member

yes this spell was very to much overpovered. and yes daybreak is a very bad company with customer. you want an exemple ?
    look my eq2profil ascension spell. i have grandmaster lvl 1. how ? i wanted to upgrade levingbolt but i press wrong button because we just engage a mob in raid. i upgraded levingbolt after.

i ask a refund for lvl 1. because i was lvl 6 during upgrade. i not need the lvl 1. but no. no refund. i ask at dev. thet cannot do nothing.

daybreak is a cash machine. we are nothing. ivam customer since eq1. but i am nothing.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

I have been saying that for awhile. I fell for the year subscription plan so I have a subscription until Oct '17. I will log on once a month to get my 500 cash then log off. I will gift something prior to not being able to. I bought the zone increase based on hope, they pretty much killed it. I let my other 2 accounts go FTP and did not buy the expansion on them.
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

/mourn another lost player
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

/mourn a sheeple.
  12. Nkito Well-Known Member

It might not be worth casting now for the power loss, but that's ok, I just won't cast it. Nor will I upgrade it in it's current state. Honestly though, I knew this was going to be nerfed the first time I used and decided not to upgrade it until the nerfs were done. If something seems to good to be true..

Did anybody honestly think this thing was working as intended and would stay like it was?
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  13. Revel Well-Known Member

As usual Daybreak took it too far.
  14. Heck62 Active Member

According to the info I could find,once I understood the formula it was obviously going to hit very hard.I have to conclude this ability was implemented in order to make money.If this was like the "hammer" for instance it would not be as wide spread.This ability can be gained by anyone that can log in and kill stuff pretty much.I'm sure this ability netted a bit of coin.It's a pretty short sighted business practice.
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

While i havent seen what its hitting for post patch, I do have to point out the obvious by saying that all other ascension classes have maybe one or two must cast damage abilities and the rest are extremely situational. From doing some initial testing on beta the etherealists still have implosion to look forward too and probably still are the best off dps wise as far as ascension classes
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

To answer you (and the guy below you) Because Ether Assassin and Ether Conduit were meant to work hand and hand. And even with the nerf, still work well together.
  17. Fleurs Active Member

Really? Oo, I tried only one time, but the consumed mana did not increased Ether conduit charges.. (exept for it's own mana cost, 2 token)
  18. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

At least you didn't get a skill that decreases the mob's autoattack. At level 7.
  19. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Lol

These ascensions are weird. Some are amazingly powerful and some are just complete garbage. Ethereal conduit is a great example of garbage. Even If it was instant cast it would be bad.
  20. Twisty Well-Known Member

Now that Ethershadow Assasin dmg is in more reasonable range on 3rd attempt, please remove it being effected by fervor OR make it doublecast. We've discussed this before, lets not keep doing it - you can't have a high-dmg ability available to all that doesn't doublecast BUT is effected by fervor.

Preference for dropping fervor from calculation - it's still hitting for 20-25 billion range with Grandmaster, Fervor rune, high Tithe & RisingTide, which is still too high, in my personal opinion.

In current state of fervor where majority of it comes from runes not available to mages, if a long-recast major-damage ability doesn't double-cast, it ridiculously overpowers scouts. frankly even if it did doublecast it'd still way out-favor scouts, but at least it'd be slightly closer to fair.