Eth class-Ethershadow Assassin

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anzark, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Revel Well-Known Member

Just tested, was able to hit for more damage with levinbolt (which was 1 tier less on my current research), doesn't use 80% of your power, and is on a shorter cast timer.

Its clear Daybreak has no clue how to balance this ability, so they should just refund everyone's DBC, remove it in its current form, and come up with another high end direct damage nuke. But they won't, because they have no sense shame or ability to admit to their mistakes.
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  2. Protips Member

Non-Etherealist, you get what you want, Happy?
  3. wazul Active Member

now all ascension crap, crit crap, reset crap, next fervor, epic no clue, all t1t2t3 down because dev cannot have time for create hard script (so nerf all for we whipe vs dummy mob), old content grind, xcap collector cost for each spell improv, 10mplat for no drop ancien (buy krono)............ fiery blast no fixe (no time for that) fc warlock : lol, seriously you want we go all in h1z1?

next game for me dont know but eq2 is last game for me with daybreak.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

If the result is that this ability is now garbage, that is not what most rational people would ever want. What I wanted was 1 of 2 things.

1. Ability was scaled back to be reasonable compared to other abilities. Meaning if it was intended to be multiple times better than the other ones, keep it. But do not allow it to one-shot heroic names like it did at first.

2. Make sure each class has an ability that is comparable. We do not have the information for this yet, as only a few people in game are at level 8.
  5. Twisty Well-Known Member

the only thing EtherShadow needed to do is not be effected by fervor. it was just fine otherwise doing its non-fervor 5-7B dmg at GM

sigh
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah this spell is now garbage. At app1 atleast. At app1 with around 20k ish pot and 151% fervor it hit for 1.9bil. Not worth using on a dps class really. Maybe at GM but id rather spend cash on levinbolt or etherflash
  7. Heck62 Active Member

Why would you spend rl currency on any of this?$70.00 for an ability that will later be nerfed into the dirt is okay I guess.I won't reward this behavior.
  8. Fairin Active Member

because i decided to splurge early for my birthday and actually spend something on my self in a game i enjoy.. and they took it away and kept my money...

but i still got grandmaster ethereal assassin. but its not doing anywhere near the damage a grandmaster ascended ability should be doing.. maybe if i had 200 fervor...
    -Soteria- likes this.
  9. Heck62 Active Member

Happy Birthday!
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Levinbolt hits more than Ethshadow assassin now.
    Shmogre likes this.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

Which is just sad.
  12. Deathtodots New Member

It's funny to see so many people upset over this change as well as that levinbolt does more damage. It is a game and many of you spent money on an item that doesn't work now like it should. Real life is like that, and you spent RL money so you have to accept the fact it got changed. Second issue is upset that a lower ascension tier spell does more damage then an upper level one. What is the problem with that? As a necro level 91 soul rot does way more damage then level 96 lifetap due to the fact it can be cast more often. Scout pet level 93 does more damage then mage pet level 95 or 96. This is a game, things change and stop whining really all the time. Buyer's remorse. Deal
  13. Heck62 Active Member

We are all playing this game,When I see someone that plays this game getting screwed I don't laugh.I know I could very well be next.Yup I'm a rube for buying a product,that is obvious.We have seen that the squeeky wheel get's the grease,Why not point out that this ability needs to be removed or fixed.Yes,I Think the Company has a duty to it's customers,that have purchased a product in good faith.The insults don't really add anything to conversation.
    Whiomaju likes this.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Is there any class, that has no reason to not cast this spell? I can't think of any.

Sure it may not be in your full clicky spike dps chain, but cast you afford to spend 4s casting it and gain from it? Sure.

For now, it seems fine. It can be looked at closer once Combos etc are all analysed and such.
  15. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Sorta ... kinda ... but not really
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

My 2cp for this discussion
    I may be was not done enough research or data was not very available but the only information I had on my hand that
    Thaumatugist suppose to have hardest hitting ability and Geomancer should have highest sustained damage but all in all in the end the only difference between classes would be type of damage. Also I mistakenly heard that you freely flip between classes as will w/o loosing ascending exp.
    Information about Ascending classes was very scares and incomplete at time - now we are several months into it ppl started getting level 6-8 abilities and truth finally re-surfaced. Out of blue it turns out that Etheralist is the only class that consistently deliver massive damage and on parse ascending abilities is actually dominating. I am barely level 6 in Thaumaturgist - I have just 2 nukes level 2 (Single target) and level 6 (Encounter) and looking on sheer time that take to get to level 10 now I am puzzle - should I continue to push forward or should I say screw this and re-start as a Etheralist?
    I NEVER EVER seen in beta time or pre-release that Developers EVER said that ascending will be archtype specific or some classes will be DPS and other as not - none of this been said. Hence classes need to be either balanced around usefulness or 1 time action of chance class w/o penalty of starting from level 1 should be given
  17. Regolas Well-Known Member

From my point of view it was reasonably obvious just from the descriptions of abilities that some Ascension classes were more defensive and some more offensive.

But why this balancing is so pendulum based I have no idea. It seems like nerfs can't be made in small measures, but rather we go from Over powered to near useless in one hit.
  18. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Welcome to warlock world ...
    Focused casting - from single most powerful ability in game in ability not worth having place on casting bar and oh yeah RIP to warlocks as well (now you know why you don't see any)
    From description it was clear only "type" of damage - crushing, nox, magic, elemental - it "seemed" logical that highest damage output "should" have nox following or equal by ele, following by magic, following by crushing. All in all from what I seen geo and ether "defensive" - nox and ele is offensive but this not even remotely close to true.
    As a Thaumatugist I have - 1 decent Single target nuke at level 2, totally useless increment based damage enhanced (0.09% per inc up to 50 - each last 3.5s at apprentice), semi-useless damage enhance (2.25% raid wide enhance of nox damage) - yeah lol this one affect only those who also thaumaturgist, at level 6 I got rather disappointing green AoE and finally got a look what lies ahead .... well only 1 fairly useful skill - sort of "verdict" spell - at 3% life remain spell will reduce life of mob done to 1hp - I guess for that spell it may be worth suffer much longer
  19. Heck62 Active Member

Due to the fact you can level all 4 why not finish?I'm gonna finish Etherealist due to being almost lvl.8 in hopes the epic will be worthwhile.There was feedback concerning these abilities from Beta,you could get all of these abilities at Ancient teir. And no It is not fine,EA needs to be gotten rid of,or fixed .At this point i'd say gotten rid of,It's not remotely what I paid for.It get's resisted more often than it used to,so i'm down %80 power for nothing.