Eth class-Ethershadow Assassin

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Anzark, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Anzark Member

So umm is this ability suppose to hit for billions of damage? like it's hitting for 50bill-100bill.

I just want to know if this is intended or not.
  2. Enigma Active Member

I don't think any ability hitting that hard is intended!
  3. MagnusX New Member

Lol this ability is one shotting names in KA heroics.
  4. MagnusX New Member

lol everyone go eth class! bring down raid names to 50% on the first 5-10 seconds of the fight!
  5. kluxor Well-Known Member

I'm sure these monster hits are happening when using rising tide charm for 40k+ potency and 200% worth of fervor procs. Most normal hits aren't doing nearly this much dmg. And 50-100b is overstating it too as when I was at 40k pot, 200% fervor, and combat mastery I had a 31b hit...no where near 100b

Unless they spent like $60 on grand mastering which may account for higher dmg
  6. Talduke Active Member

and it does not double spell cast. i've had levinbolt at master level hit for 10billion on one hit and 4 on second. so dont go getting this thing nerfed to uselessness bc you hit a training dummy with tide/max fervor and got a myth crit...
  7. Yards Well-Known Member

Shrugging off 31 billion like its nothing is laughable.
    Neiloch and Ronjah like this.
  8. Talduke Active Member

While i agree that its a bit high saying that this ability hits for over 100 when its not on things that matter, is a very quick way to get it dropped to a point of not being worth casting. does it need to be adjusted? yep. but id hate to see if become meh especially after dropping DBC on it haha.
  9. Yards Well-Known Member

It's one shotting x2 names in kp contested, it is the very definition of broken.
    DoomDrake and Ronjah like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

While that does seem excessive.. also realize that, aside from the scourge zones, none of the ToT content was designed for the stupidly large amount of potency we have now. Good pre-scourge gear had 30-40 potency. Crap KA gear is sporting 100...
  11. Yards Well-Known Member

Come on let's think about this like someone who isn't completely special. If this ability grandmastered can do 50 to 100 billion damage, then you will eventually have raids consisting of 24 people having this ability and doing over 1 trillion damage in the first 5 seconds of a fight. This should just be common sense to people, I don't get how anyone can argue that this ability isn't completely broken.
    Neiloch, Ronjah and Tharrakor like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Mobs in KA have combat mit, Other mobs don't. I won't be hitting that hard in KA heroics or raids.
    And I didn't say it didn't need some adjusting. I was pointing out that ToT mobs are not a sufficient meter-stick.
  13. Yards Well-Known Member

What are you even talking about? You compare the damage of this ability vs any other ability. So if you are in KP contested and it is doing 10 times more damage than levinbolt, then most likely it is going to be doing 10 times more damage than levinbolt in KA raid.
    Ronjah likes this.
  14. kluxor Well-Known Member

Levinbolt also has a 1 minute shorter recast, is lvl 2 ability, and doesn't drain 80% of your power. Of course levinbolt should hit for less
  15. MagnusX New Member

I have seen parses of this ability hitting way too much in KA heroics and it is one shotting names..like why even go any other ascension class if this ability exist?

There is no justification for this ability to be this powerful at all. Lol if only wizards had something like this for mana burn.

There also needs to be balance changes done across all the ascension classes..there are some clear better class choices like the etherealist compare to thaumaturgist.

I feel bad for those who spent real life $ to get this broken ability to GM b/c it won't be left this overpowered in game thats for sure.
  16. Yards Well-Known Member

Confirmed hitting for over 50 billion in raid, next.
  17. Yards Well-Known Member

I take that back, it can do over 120 billion.
    Ronjah likes this.
  18. Veta Well-Known Member

124bil hit in raids:
    https://gyazo.com/8c8a69e5c670991a6bb3e402b8b245a5

I cut it short so the name of the person who had it do as much would not be given.
  19. Arieva Well-Known Member

There is a reason we have 4x as many etherealist in guild as any other ascension class..it was feedbacked in beta that other ascensions seemed extremely lackluster to etherealist for any class that cares about dps. If I hadnt felt the outright obligation to go with something else for diversity reasons I would have gone with it first myself. I'd like to see a balance pass done as well at this point...no one ascension class should be that far ahead the rest on desireability
    Meneltel likes this.
  20. Heck62 Active Member

What will be funny is paying a lot of RL cash then this ability will get nerfed to uselessness.I wonder how many times this has to happen?
    Kraeref likes this.