EQ2 Players RoK Release (3.4)

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru, Nov 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Isabelz wrote:
    I noticed a difference when I logged in. It seems that logging in triggers EQ2Players to update within 24h. Am not sure, but looks like it.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Zanark@Splitpaw wrote:
    I checked on the player's page on equipment of Zanark. I know for sure I wore a discovered item and it shows no armor item on his body. Maybe the items aren't loaded yet

Edit: now the ranking page says 7 discoveries, but still 3 with $discovery.item.name and on the character page 3 items left out while I know for sure I wear them in-game (on body, legs at least).
  3. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

We have been experiencing some problems with our system that transfers items from Game side to Web side. This system affects both item discoveries and items displaying correctly on player profiles. We assure you that all item discoveries are being recorded and you will get credit for your discoveries as this is only a display problem not a recording problem. Once the issue is resolved your discoveries will show up that you have previously made.
    We were able to get items pushed the day after release but the automatic process still seems to be broken. We are actively working on a fix for this but in the meantime please keep giving us great feedback and continue to point out anything you see as potentially broken.
  4. ARCHIVED-Isabelz Guest

Zanark@Splitpaw wrote:
    My characters still are not updating and I last played Ikibod on November 18th, 2007.

Anyone else having this problem?
  5. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Gninja_Gnome wrote:
    lol, you really want us to find more bugs? j/k ;)

Anyway, figured as much about the automatic item discoveries since everything after that first batch is still showing up as the discovery string. Good to know officially, though. =)

Thanks for getting the signatures fixed! I didn't have another copy of that paperdoll to upload!
  6. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

I would say you asked for it, but that would be cruel. ;) Another bug for the list, thanks to a good observation by Caela:

Some of the level history (artisan history is the only one I have examples for) levels are being entirely skipped. People are going from 76 to 78 without hitting 77, and even one from 76 to 80. This should have nothing to do with speed of leveling, as all my levels are displayed and I leveled rather quickly.

Examples:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=323863106

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=135961103
  7. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Ariven found another problem with the sigs. Haven't double checked the numbers, but apparently our new sigs are 163 pixels tall and the EQ2 official forums cut everything off at 150. You can easily see that the bottoms are being cut off on all of our sigs.

I like the idea of new sigs, but this is an amateur mistake to make when producing a sig. Especially if you are working for the company that runs the official forums. Unless there is an expected change coming which will allow these sigs to be fully displayed on the official forums.
  8. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Any chance of having the guild roster update at least on a daily basis?
  9. ARCHIVED-Seagoat Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    I noticed this as well...what a silly mistake to make. I don't even get paid to make sigs, and I make sure none of the graphics I make that are going to be used on these forums are more than 150px tall. :p Nobody wants their sig cut off.
    I wonder if that carpentry axiom applies to graphics as well? Measure twice, cut once! :) (I guess it would actually be right-click > "Properties" twice, crop once...)
  10. ARCHIVED-ArivenGemini Guest

Seagoat wrote:
    Well I didnt mention in the thread I posted about this, but the sig graphic is wrong in both directions... they made it 163x490... but since 490 fits, it wasn't a glaring issue... :)

so yeah, it needs to be measured a few times :)
  11. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

We believe the Items issue should be fixed, let us know if you see any further problems with it.
  12. ARCHIVED-BoriKitty Guest

I still want a change to show what KIND of tradeskill is level yada yada.. plus a line to show the secondary tradeskill (Transmuting/Tinkering).
  13. ARCHIVED-Jpo Guest

I created an alt on July 28, and another on Nov 23....neither is showing up in a player search so I can add them to "My Leaderboards"

The one created in July shows up on my "Characters" page...but...
  14. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Jpo wrote:
    If you are going to post bugs, make sure to give specific information such as your alts' names.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Gninja_Gnome wrote:
    Good to know. Checked on my guild and our items are showing up properly now (well, not sorted properly, but that's another bug, lol).

Is there any chance we can get all the confirmed bugs consolidated into the "fix me" list?
  16. ARCHIVED-Jpo Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:

Sorry 'bout that...both are on the AB server. The one created in July is Binibik, and the one created the other day is Iniluki. Maybe someone else can find them in a search.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Jpo wrote:
    np, and thanks for the info. I tried a search and came up with nothing as well. Are they showing up in your guild roster? If not, you may want to submit a petition on this. If it is an isolated incident, you are more likely to get a resolution by going that route.
  18. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Eh, decided I would throw a list together myself. This is a list based off the bugs that I have found and confirmed as of today as well as the ones posted or found by others that I was able to confirm. I did not add bugs I could not reproduce myself.

• Guilds with most status leaderboard is still incorrect. Seeing a guild with less than 300K status displayed above several with nearly 8 million. This may be sorting by level first and status second. So reproducing will be an issue until guilds are capped again at level 80.
    • Textual view on EoF Achievements is missing. While this was less important for KoS achievements, EoF achievements are not a straight linear progression. Hence, a graphical view is needed.
    • The sorting feature for the leaderboards cannot sort for levels 70+. The 60-70 option is actually only sorting for 60-69 (as it should, to bring it in line with previous tiers). There is no option for 70-80.
    • A number of fields that were available on the feeds have been lost. These were widely used by guild communities on their home websites via community driven projects such as Roster Master. An effort to work with that community to restore missing fields in some way would be appreciated by all.
    • "Total Items Discovered" on the guild roster sort returns the sum of world discoveries and server discoveries instead of just world discoveries.
    • Automatic updating on the leaderboards is broken. These leaderboards have not updated every 24 hours since the update to the website.
    • There is currently no longer an option to search for tradeskill classes. This was previously possible as all tradeskill classes were listed in the class option on the search window. However, those options have been removed and there is no replacement.
    • The item discovery page does not properly sort discoveries into armor, weapons, shields, or other as it implies is supposed to happen by having those categories. All discoveries fall under "other". This does not apply to all items as crafted items seem to be properly sorted. Quested and dropped items are not properly sorted. Here is an example for crafted items being sorted properly. Here is an example for quested and dropped items not being sorted properly.
    • Some of the level history (artisan history is the only one I have examples for) levels are being entirely skipped. People are going from 76 to 78 without hitting 77, and even one from 76 to 80. This should have nothing to do with speed of leveling, as all my levels are displayed and I leveled rather quickly. There are two useful examples here (for skipping from 76 to 80) and here (for skipping level 77).
    • Automatically generated signatures are too tall for the official forums and are being cutoff at the bottom.
    • Sort functions for the guild roster only work within the customize display page or when you first return to the normal display from changing the sort options. If you leave the guild roster and then return to it, the sorting returns to alphabetical until you again go to the "customize display" option.

I'm also adding a request to make the new guild roster useful:
    • Please change the default sorting on the guild roster to descending order. The default sorting on the guild roster currently sorts in ascending order. So in order to view the people at the top of the rankings in your guild, you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page or try to resort the roster.
    The purpose of this feature to a guild is to inspire a sense of competition and recognition of achievement within the guild. We shouldn't have to go hunting the leaders on the rankings, they should be displayed front and center. The previously lost guild "Wall of Fame" accomplished exactly that. While the new guild sorting tool has far greater potential than the old guild wall of fame, it is currently not applying that potential
    where it is most useful in a guild community by placing the leaders out on display for the whole guild to see.

I would personally love to see this great tool used more effectively.

Final note, I went through all posts on this thread and tested all the bugs I could to create this list (including retesting my own). If I missed one by accident, please let me know.
  19. ARCHIVED-Agaxix Guest

Everything is still fairly out of date - nothing since 11/24 and the guild rosters are even older. (Agaxal, Unrest)

Odd thing, one of my guildmates deguilded but she's still on our roster - and her profile updated once she deguilded.

agressiv
  20. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

Could you be a little more specific about what is out of date. So I can get it added to our "to do" list.