EQ2 Players RoK Release (3.4)

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru, Nov 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Jpo wrote:
    Hey JPO, what guild were those alts in and what level/class/tradeskill are they? You already gave their names, but I noticed a similar problem with one of my guildies and was going to try and track yours down the same way. If they have the same issues then it is no longer an isolated incident and I'll add it to the bug list I have going.
  2. ARCHIVED-Xagoth Guest

My sig is showing the wrong character.

Spyrit is not mine and no clue who he is.

Copy and pasted the player number from the sig generator and it stays the same.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xagoth Guest

Xagoth wrote:
    Well, I fixed it by adding &locale=en_US directly to the end of the player number in the signature.

Didnt need this before, no clue why it changed.

If I had to guess, I would guess I have the exact same number as a euro player.
  4. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

None of my characters are updating since a week or more. There are a few separate threads about this, but an official statement would be nice for this irregular updating.
    All chars moved to a new guild Holy Grail but on the character screen still on Knights Who Say Ni.

My chars are:
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=199424303
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=460119303
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=380553303
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=529549303
    http://eq2players.station.sony.com/...terId=359368303

Hmz, what's with the last 3 numbers that are always the same :p Never noticed before.
  5. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Zerebro wrote:
    An official statement was made in one of those threads you referenced:

Gninja_Gnome wrote:
  6. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    Thanks for pointing this out. But the reason I post it in this sticky thread is actually on request of Gninja_Gnome. He told me to check this thread first and post bugs here since he checks this one regularly. So the more confusing it is if I gotta check every single thread about characters not updating (or a mod that merges all similar threads into 1..).

PS: Another 3 days later (after the date of the reference http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=396319#4460196) and no update yet.
  7. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Is it time to give up hope of ever getting a working guild roster update? It's been almost a month since the RoK release and it's still not working properly. Individual character updates are a little quicker but not very reliable.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Bit disappointing indeed. I hope there'll be a statement here in this sticky thread if they are still working on character profile updates or guild rosters. I don't mind waiting a day, but I'm running out of patience.

I was in doubt to pay for the whole set, I only got the ACP for 99 cents. But the support and bugfixing is too slow that I won't go for it and won't recommend it at all, even discourage it in-game to buy any extra service .

I opened a service ticket at https://account.station.sony.com/ and maybe they will give me an answer. Usually it takes a few days, but at least I get an official answer.
  9. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Zerebro wrote:
    Lol, they don't ask the right questions, I'm curious what will be next

The answer on my ticket is:"
    Response (xxxxxxxx (removed name))
    12/08/2007 06:04 AM

Greetings,

In order to assist
    you further with your Station Players issue, we will need for you to
    provide the following information for security purposes and to try to
    duplicate any issues that you are having. Please only list the
    account(s) that is having the issue. We thank you in advance for your
    cooperation.

1. Station Name
    2. Game (EQ, EQ2, etc)
    3. Whether or not you have turned off the auto-update feature
    4. Was it ever a trial account?
    5. Describe your issue
    6. Any screenshots of the issues if possible

Warm Regards,
    xxxxxxxx (removed name).
    "

I answered:
    1. Station Name
    => xxxxxx (removed it)

2. Game (EQ, EQ2, etc)
    => Everquest 2

3. Whether or not you have turned off the auto-update feature
    => I'm sorry, I'm talking about the eq2playes.station.sony.com here that doesn't update the info anymore. It's a jam in the updating of the website of in-game details.

4. Was it ever a trial account?
    => it was at the beginning of 2005

5. Describe your issue
    => Please check the original question. The info on the pages I mentioned there don't update anymore. Last update was 27th of November although I've logged in all of them several times after that date.

6. Any screenshots of the issues if possible
    => not necessary, just check all those links and none have updated yet. All those characters now belong to the guild Holy Grail on the server Splitpaw.
  10. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

I know the updating issues are still there and have already been commented on, but there is another updating issue I would like to add. The leaderboards for guilds are not accurate according to the data on the guild profiles. For example, several guilds (including mine) hit level 63 well before the last update. However, while the guild profile info is correct, the leaderboards did not update using the new data. This may be an issue that the leaderboards update and then the profiles update. Regardless, this will cause further delay in the leaderboards showing accurate data as it will take two updates of the leaderboards to show accurate data. Hence the guild leaderboards will always be ~48 hours behind (assuming 24 hour update cycle).

I will add this to my list once I do a little more testing to confirm.
  11. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Definite item bug found:

+spell damage/spell crit/power&health regen items from the expansion are not showing these stats on EQ2Players. I used items I know have +spell damage/spell crit such as the Painsmith's Empowered Ring to check it. This was also checked for items using the other effects. It isn't showing up on the mouseover on character profiles nor on the item entry when examined further. I'm guessing +CA damage/melee crit/Double attack is similarly missing on RoK item descriptions on EQ2Players. Pre-RoK items such as the Runed Relic Circlet are showing properly. This most likely has something to do with the way these stats are now displayed in the normal stats instead of separately at the bottom of the item description.

Adding this to the list as this makes the item database useless for the majority of RoK gear until fixed, as these are essential stats to know.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lowkey Guest

This is super frustrating for us as well.. we're trying to setup a new guild site, and our guild (Vindication on Nektulos) doesn't even show up in Eq2players. We have to search for the guild leader's character (Demia on Nektulos), then click the link from her profile. No one else who's joined even shows up in the guild!

Members who still show in their old guild and haven't updated since Dec 1:

Gleas
    Rike

Updated on Dec 2:

Kaval

Updated on Nov 24:
    Grach
  13. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Shadowbreath@Splitpaw wrote:
    The lack of dev response to any of the threads pretty much says it all... Even a weekly status report would be a step up.
  14. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Same here... 13 days and counting. I also moved to a new guild, 11 days ago. But all my chars on Splitpaw are still on the old guild.

Check the threads about not updating. But again, I posted a message about official support: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=397878

You should also consider following the official support route. At least they ought to follow up that one, since well, it's official, has a ticket system and you get personal attention. I no longer expect ANYTHING from SOE here, it's simply not the place for it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lowkey Guest

I actually did try the support route. Three days after opening my ticket, I finally get a canned response asking for the same data I put in the ticket. I go to login to the site to add it again, but it won't take my station login (which still works here and in game). Trying to get it to email me my password gives me an error saying I don't need a separate password....
  16. ARCHIVED-Xagoth Guest

Shadowbreath@Splitpaw wrote:
    Last Dev response was 11 days ago (maybe I missed another one on this issue?).

My stats in my signature and on my EQ2Players.com profile are all from the 23rd of November. It even shows me last playing on the 23rd (have played just about every night since). Only thing that has updated is my equipment.
  17. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Gleas@Nektulos wrote:
    Aaah, just return to the support main site, login with your station name and do a blank search. Then you'll be able to go to service history. There you can update your question.

PS: I still don't have an answer after I updated the info.
    PPS: All chars now on new guild, but most info is still from the old guild (including status points etc.) Some half updated, some not at all. So not OK.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gninja_Gnome Guest

We have reproduced the issue for the profiles being out of date and we are actively working on a fix for this. Some changes were needed to be made for the process that pulls data over from game side over into the EQ2Players database and we feel this is possible unforeseen fallout from that change. As soon as this is fixed your character data should be restored as no data has been lost only the updating of the profile matching what the database holds. We appreciate your patience on the issue.
    Please do continue to post any problems you see as it helps us in tracking down the root cause.
  19. ARCHIVED-Zerebro Guest

Gninja_Gnome wrote:
    Thanks for the aknowledgment info, appreciated! :)
  20. ARCHIVED-BoriKitty Guest

I haven't played in a week and my profile is still showing the wrong tradeskill level as if it was 2 weeks ago.. I should be 78 Provisioner (yes.. yes.. I know they are still not showing which kind of tradeskill or my Transmuting level.. /sigh).