EQ2 Players RoK Release (3.4)

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru, Nov 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

During the last few months, a lot of our EQ2 Players customers have been patiently waiting for our next release. We had originally scheduled to do a release late summer, but it ended up bleeding into our expansion work and turning into the very sizable release we put out this morning. I would like to thank all of our customers for their patience in waiting for this release, and for their feedback which was instrumental in prioritizing some of the features we have put in place today. Here are the release notes for today's release:
    EQ2 Players Rise of Kunark Release (3.4)
    • Expanded Guild Rosters! - This feature has been requested regularly since our revamp last year. We hope that customers will be pleasantly surprised by the new version of the rosters, which are much more functional than the previous version. Anyone that is subscribed to the Guild Tools or Station Players Bundle can customize the way the guild roster displays for any guild they are in. We look forward to the feedback on this feature, and what people end up using it for. Please stop by the forums to let us know what you think of it.
    • New Forum Signatures - Our art department has put together some new forum signatures which we are really excited about. These signatures are free to everyone under the character profile, and we hope you all enjoy the new art!
    • EOF Achievements - A bit late, but the EoF Achievements can now be viewed in a character's achievements.
    • Login Redirect - We have finally gotten the redirect on login to behave itself properly. When you log in, you will be sent back to the page you were on, instead of the front page.
    • Character Profile Updated - Can now see your Status, Mitigation is correctly labeled as a %, and Time Played has been moved.
    • Characters may now hide their Last Login and Time Played in their permissions.
    • Characters may now choose to be anonymous in the Leaderboards in their permissions.
    • Changing your Secondary Tradeskill will now update the site correctly
    • Master Abilities Leaderboard should now work.
    • Guild Most Status Leaderboard should now work correctly.
    • Guild Discoveries now know the difference between Global and Server.
    • Item Discoveries should now display accurately on the Item Index page.
    • Male Icons - The Male icons have finally managed to break their way into the leaderboards.
    • News Archives should be a bit easier to find and to browse.
    • Full Expansion Support - Search for the new items as they are discovered, characters above level 70, and all the new sarnaks on your server.
    • Lots of cleanup - Especially in the leaderboards and search areas. The dropdowns should behave a bit better, and results should be a bit friendlier.
    • Tons of localization fixes - Largely cosmetic, but we are constantly squashing these bugs as we find them. Mainly German and French bugs, with a bit of Japanese fixes as well.
  2. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

Known Issues:
    1. Arena Stats on Characer Profiles has numbers underneath the Pet Names.
    2. Double spaces in the Guild Website Article Editor ocasionally creates an Â.
    3. Guild Profile shows Total and Average Arena Kills as 0, even if untrue.
    4. Character Skills are off in several ways, particularly Tradeskills.
    5. Most Status Leaderboard shows guild level, not guild status. Should be Resolved
    6. Some links to the My Leaderboards section do not maintain character Id. Should be Resolved
    7. Secondary Tradeskills do not update when you switch.Most Master Abilities leaderboard returns no results. Should be Resolved
    8. The Rares Harvested rankings do not match the various leaderboards. Should be Resolved
    9. Some peoples Achievement Totals are adding up to imposible numbers. Should be Resolved
    10. Total Status Earned Ranking for your Server by your Class is incorrect. Should be Resolved
    11. Sorting on Arena Champions leaderboards removes Arena relevant stats. Should be Resolved
    We are considering the following enhancement requests for future patches:
    1. Character Id in Guild XML roster.
    2. Display the Value of Item Discoveries on the Guild Profile page, in addition to the rank.
    3. "Most Recipes" Leaderboard
    4. Achievements currently only shows Kingdom of Sky achievements. Now Available!
    5. Guild Roster should allow sorting by level. Now Available!
    6. Guild Roster should include "By Tradeskill Class". Now Available!
    7. Internal Guild Rankings. Now Available!
  3. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

I moved this list to the front page so those posting know what has already been bugged and what has not.

This is a list based off the bugs that I have found and confirmed as of today as well as the ones posted or found by others that I was able to confirm. I did not add bugs I could not reproduce myself.

• Guilds with most status leaderboard is still incorrect. Seeing a guild with less than 300K status displayed above several with nearly 8 million. This may be sorting by level first and status second. So reproducing will be an issue until guilds are capped again at level 80.
    • Graphical view on EoF Achievements is missing. While this was less important for KoS achievements, EoF achievements are not a straight linear progression. Hence, a graphical view is needed.
    • The sorting feature for the leaderboards cannot sort for levels 70+. The 60-70 option is actually only sorting for 60-69 (as it should, to bring it in line with previous tiers). There is no option for 70-80.
    • A number of fields that were available on the feeds have been lost. These were widely used by guild communities on their home websites via community driven projects such as Roster Master. An effort to work with that community to restore missing fields in some way would be appreciated by all.
    • "Total Items Discovered" on the guild roster sort returns the sum of world discoveries and server discoveries instead of just world discoveries.
    • Automatic updating on the leaderboards is broken. These leaderboards have not updated every 24 hours since the update to the website.
    • There is currently no longer an option to search for tradeskill classes. This was previously possible as all tradeskill classes were listed in the class option on the search window. However, those options have been removed and there is no replacement.
    • The item discovery page does not properly sort discoveries into armor, weapons, shields, or other as it implies is supposed to happen by having those categories. All discoveries fall under "other". This does not apply to all items as crafted items seem to be properly sorted. Quested and dropped items are not properly sorted. Here is an example for crafted items being sorted properly. Here is an example for quested and dropped items not being sorted properly.
    • Some of the level history (artisan history is the only one I have examples for) levels are being entirely skipped. People are going from 76 to 78 without hitting 77, and even one from 76 to 80. This should have nothing to do with speed of leveling, as all my levels are displayed and I leveled rather quickly. There are two useful examples here (for skipping from 76 to 80) and here (for skipping level 77).
    • Level History on the profile page is bugged. The level rankings are completely wrong in some cases. I have confirmed using my own guild's event list that the dates are being reported correctly for people having this issue. This post by Lighthammer shows the problem in that the dates do not match the rankings, and I can provide more examples if needed.
    • Automatically generated signatures are too tall for the official forums and are being cutoff at the bottom.
    • Sort functions for the guild roster only work within the customize display page or when you first return to the normal display from changing the sort options. If you leave the guild roster and then return to it, the sorting returns to alphabetical until you again go to the "customize display" option.
    • Sorting by tradeskill level using the guild roster is bugged in that single digit levels are getting ranked above double digit levels that start with a lower numeral than the single digit. For example, level 2 tradeskillers get ranked higher than all tradeskillers from 10-19 and level 9 crafters are ranked above even level 80 crafters. This bug is not affecting adventure level sorting, just crafters.
    • +spell damage/spell crit/power&health regen items from the expansion are not showing these stats on EQ2Players. I used items I know have +spell damage/spell crit such as the Painsmith's Empowered Ring to check it. This was also checked for items using the other effects. It isn't showing up on the mouseover on character profiles nor on the item entry when examined further. I'm guessing +CA damage/melee crit/Double attack is similarly missing on RoK item descriptions on EQ2Players. Pre-RoK items such as the Runed Relic Circlet are showing properly. This most likely has something to do with the way these stats are now displayed in the normal stats instead of separately at the bottom of the item description.
    • Factions from the RoK expansion do not appear on the Factions tab in the character profile.

I'm also adding a request to make the new guild roster useful:
    • Please change the default sorting on the guild roster to descending order. The default sorting on the guild roster currently sorts in ascending order. So in order to view the people at the top of the rankings in your guild, you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page or try to resort the roster.
    The purpose of this feature to a guild is to inspire a sense of competition and recognition of achievement within the guild. We shouldn't have to go hunting the leaders on the rankings, they should be displayed front and center. The previously lost guild "Wall of Fame" accomplished exactly that. While the new guild sorting tool has far greater potential than the old guild wall of fame, it is currently not applying that potential
    where it is most useful in a guild community by placing the leaders out on display for the whole guild to see.

I would personally love to see this great tool used more effectively.

Final note, I went through all posts on this thread and tested all the bugs I could to create this list (including retesting my own). If I missed one by accident, please let me know.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Issues I can see so far:

- Guild ranks missing from HTML / CSV / XML feed
  5. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Issues with current release:
    • Nearly all categories on the guild profile page return N/A or blank results when you put them up for display. this makes sorting by these categories impossible as well.
    • Discoveries that were broken and displaying as $discovery.item.name are still broken.
    • Guilds with most status leaderboard is still incorrect. Seeing a guild with less than 300K status displayed above several with nearly 8 million.
    • Most Masters Leaderboard is still broken.
    • Paperdoll not appearing on new Signature despite not having changed it in over 6 months.
    I'm hoping that the majority of these issues go away as soon as the website database refreshes itself, since the only part of the new updates that is working is the EoF achievements. And only a textual view of that is available (although I really don't care about a graphic view, just as long as it tells you what the abilities DO). I'll hold off on further testing until the site refreshes.

Changes look good, however. Still missing the guild "Wall of Fame" that we used to have for internal rankings, but the sort feature looks like it is a great start. The addition of the MoTD to the guild page was a great idea, IMO.

Edited for update.
  6. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

lol, I did find a really fun bug that might need addressing.

The sorting feature for the leaderboards cannot sort for level 70s. The 60-70 option is actually only sorting for 60-69. There is no option for 70-80, but I'm guessing that's why the old option is only working for 60-69. That would bring it in line with the 10-19, 20-29, etc. options. Would be nice to have the missing 70-80 option though. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest

Hellswrath@Blackburrow wrote:
    Part of the reason we had such extended downtime yesterday was because we were working through some indexing and aggregation issues which we hoped to resolve to make the Guild Roster display smoothly. We were able to resolve most of our issues yesterday, but this was not one of them. I expect the functionality for the Guild Rosters to be completely there at ~5 PM PST Today, and I apologize for the bizarre NA/s you are seeing today.
    The Signature issue is one of them that we are aware of and troubleshooting right now.
    I will have QA look into the rest.
  8. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Good to hear it and thanks for the response. I'll be looking forward to it.

Sadly, I'll be testing the live content on the servers at 5pm PST (hopefully) ;-). So I will have to wait until tomorrow or Thursday to see all the fixes you guys put in working properly. Ah well.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work in getting it up to speed.
  9. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Any reason for taking away some CSV/XML fields that were previously available (such as guildStatus or joinedDate), when these proved to be popular ones with guild leaders?
  10. ARCHIVED-Ndien Guest

Aye, having guild status on them was nice, and if people knew how to do it correctly they could use it to track stuff like status gains like probably quite a few guilds were planning on doing.

Guess its back to the old way of screenshotting the guild window a few dozen times
  11. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

"Total Items Discovered" on the guild roster sort returns the sum of world discoveries and server discoveries instead of just world discoveries.

Also, as was pointed out in a separate thread, the item discoveries for RoK are now also populating as the discovery string and not the item. This means that all gear being worn from RoK will not show up on the character profile page.
  12. ARCHIVED-Catria Guest

Not only are they still broken, NONE of the new discoveries is working... they all say $discovery.item.name. You can't look up any of the new items at all.
  13. ARCHIVED-Thistleknot Guest

I really do miss the "last played" feature on the guild roster.

The other thing that I REALLY miss is the "Total Adventure" and "Total Crafting" times (crafting especially)... any chance of getting those back?
  14. ARCHIVED-Transen Guest

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing it but, here are the issues I've noticed since this release:

Levels not updating (have a 71 paladin and a 47 conj both of which are still showing up as only being 70 and 46 respectively).

Equipment slots with RoK items in it are showing up as unequiped.
    ...And of course, the no paperdoll in generated sig.

Other than that, love the changes. Keep up the good work and hope ya get these ironed out.
  15. ARCHIVED-Tevalian Guest

• Arena Battle Statistics are still wrong. I have like 4 battles there, but if you check discoveries you find trophies, I wouldn't have, if that would be all
    • The discovery.item issue has been mentioned already
    • Different signature data, depending on the region setting: E.g. viewing in german I have 277 discoveries, viewing english I have 373. (refreshed both)
    • No clue, what's wrong w/ my paperdoll images, but they don't show at all on the signature (one re-uploaded, one from beginning)

Beside that, I like the changes so far.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Tevalian wrote:
    If you have the discoveries then this means you probably had most of your arena time in before KoS. Around KoS release sometime, they reset the database on arena stats. I got hit by this as well. All info on EQ2Players is from after that.
  17. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

The website populated the game and server discos at a much faster rate than it ever has in the past (within 12 hours, in fact). Is this an improvement you guys intended? If not, it may have something to do with why the discoveries are all popping up as $discovery.item.name.

Guild sorting is working properly. Most masters abilities leaderboard works now and so does the sorting feature for it.

Guild status leaderboard is still sorting incorrectly. Either the number on the guild profile page is incorrect, or the sorting is broken. I see guilds with over 12 million status under those with 7 million.

I'm guessing the most pressing issue is getting the discoveries displaying properly, followed by the 70-80 sorting ability and the paperdoll issue since those three will garner the most attention. Although guild sorting will follow shortly as people try to see how their guild is doing.

Also, the leaderboards have not updated in over 4 days. I know part of this is due to the website update, but it has been some time since that. Might be stuck again.
  18. ARCHIVED-Nogger Guest

RE the signatures :

It's not just the paperdoll image that's missing..

It's the paperdoll, the wooden shield, and the banner scroll under the name.
    And on my alts, it's only corrupted on alts that have a paperdoll image uploaded.
    A fresh paperdoll upload does not fix it either.

This alt has a paperdoll uploaded, and it shows up at the profile page fine :

[IMG]

vs

this alt, which has no paperdoll uploaded, and all the graphics, including a generic paperdoll, are there :

[IMG]

I know this isn't high on the list of problems, but thought I'd point it out anyways.
  19. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

Yeah, come on devs, this should be an easy one to fix (and it's been happening for at least a month from my reckoning, certainly was happening when Shard of Fear came out)

It looks like that rather than replacing the variable with its contents, your script is dragging out the name of the actual variable and posting that into the HTML.

At least that's what it looks like to me. Feel free to /slap me if I'm talking garbage !
  20. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Mentioned in other threads, but just to make sure it's also specified in this official thread:

Character profiles and guild rosters haven't updated since November 12th. Last Played date is Nov 12th for characters that have been playing daily since then, the roster doesn't reflect all the people who reached levels beyond 70 so far, etc...

EDIT: it seems that a few characters are properly reflecting up-to-date info. So for a test case of non-working ones, you can use my character (Lantis on AB) or my guild roster (Soulforged).