Emerald Raid Zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-R2Chief2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Starness Guest

So I'll be up front here and admit I stopped really reading about page 3 or 4. Wow...
    A few things after our first trip to EH last night.
    1) I think the named < lvl 75 (except the Rumbler) are too easy even. First trip in, both Wolf and the Dryad were up... We downed them in 4 maybe 5 pulls. The Strategy was easy to work out and executing it was almost as easy. I think we'll get them both first pull next time (if they're up and if there are no "whoopsies").
    2) The trash may have a lot of HP (I didn't look at how much they had) but they went down fast enough.
    3) Most of the trash seemed like they could be bypassed. Unless they're doing something that we were not aware of (like making named's AEs more powerful or something) it doesn't seem like you have to kill all those mobs.
    4) Dropping fabled set armor from trash in any zone is the dumbest idea ever. I stopped bidding on relic because it was just to common. Sorry if it makes me a stuck up elitest raider but I like to have items that are rare, relic was not rare by any strech. Why was it not rare? it dropped from trash mobs.
    5) I disagree that nothing > than Adepts should drop from trash. Master spells are ok IMO. Legendary stuff like the velium from DT was a good idea but I think in practice it's a fine line between stuff that a new recruit might want and stuff that's just (in anyone's opinion) not worth it. Fail to hit it dead on and you either have gear that's better than named drops (bad bad) or gear that's just weeee "Gratz Guild Bank" (bad also). So in the end... Master Spells, that's as high as I'll go on that.
    I'm hoping this stays hard, as it should.
  2. ARCHIVED-HomeChicken Guest

i really hate the idea of random named in a zone with a 5 day lockout
    thats just friggin silly that guild A clicks the door and gets a chance at one amount of loot
    when guild B clicks the exact same door they just get junk mob after junk mob after junk mob
    thats really stupid IMO
    the instance should be exactly the same for one person as it is for the others
  3. ARCHIVED-Original Cinadien Guest

I see EH as a love/hate type of zone. Some love it because it is new and exciting but the ones that don't like it are thinking about 3-6 months of farming it once a week. As Vellek said, we don't have to farm it once a week but, were gonna...... As for the random named, I like suprises so im all about it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Exactly, if it's boring already killing massive trash, think what it will be like when the newness goes away. Just like PPR and AoA, 3rd time through and people were like *(_)( I just remembered I have to go do such and such.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 12-07-2006 09:21 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I disagree. However I think there should be a minimum amount of named per zone in, instead of just the portal guards and Wuoshi.
    Like one other named per floor plus the one that blocks progression, however which named it is should still be random.
    Not only does it keep loot scarce, it keeps that carrot dangling in front of your face and makes going to EH week after week interesting and hopeful, instead of been there, done that, got all the loot like KoS.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

There are 2 things I don't like about this zone:

1.) There shouldn't be as much trash for a zone this big that drops nothing. They need to reduce the trash or make them drop some lengendary equipment to keep the raid awake thru the grind.

2.) I HATE the concept of rare mobs in a zone. I disliked the rare pops in Roost x2 but that is a tiny zone and tolerated it. In a zone as big as EH all the named should be up every time. 3 "definately there bosses" in a zone that big is really stupid.
  7. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Yep, we did this zone again last night. Boring. Killed the Prince and got crappy loot from him. All that time we spent clearing trash and time spent killing him and we get 1 piece of crap.
    I swear, they have no clue on how to itemize a zone and they really have zero clue on risk versus reward. Each named needs to drop 2-3 pieces and final boss needs to drop 4-5.
    EQ had a MUCH better reward vs risk system and they had loot worthy of wasting this kind of time and effort for.
    We only had Mistress like twice and the dog only once and that was when the zone crashed on us.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 12-08-2006 02:30 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

You left the Tender of the Seedlings up.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

No. Really stupid is 20 named in a zone so you can outfit almost an entire raid with one trip. If you don't like the random named, don't do the zone.
  10. ARCHIVED-THteampink Guest

If they ever fix the rumbler event I will be happy. By fix I mean put it in line in terms of difficulty. It's sad when guilds have to zone in and check rumbler just to see if they can possibly get past the Tender.
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaellen Guest

We've only been in there twice, so no expert here, but I actually enjoyed the challenge of the trash. Each different type we fought had a different "thing", so it wasn't repetative, and they had extremely low HP. People who are comparing this zone to PPR are smoking crack or taking the wrong raid into the zone: a 6-healer raid in PPR could spend 4-5 minutes on a trash pull, here, it's more like 1-2 (or less).

I'd just be happy if the named weren't buggy both times we've gone in. :(
  12. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

At this rate, the next 2 xpaks will be out before you get geared up from EoF and then it won't matter anyway as there will be level 80 and a new tier.
  13. ARCHIVED-Vegter Leeuwen Guest

EH is a time consuming pita. and whats up with the longer lockout time? all the other raid zones, overall, have more nameds than EH and drop the same quality of loot. imo it should be on the same lockout timer as inner sanctum and free thinkers.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

1) EH has the most named of any zone in EoF. They're just random and not all up at once. It has more named on the first floor than FTH has at all.
    2) Have you cleared EH? You've killed Wuoshi, the Gardener, all the 2nd and 3rd floor named? If you haven't your entire post is based on ignorance, and therefore should be dismissed anyway.
  15. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

At this rate, the next 2 xpaks will be out before you get geared up from EoF and then it won't matter anyway as there will be level 80 and a new tier. While I doubt this will occur, I don't think it would be that bad of a thing. A nice medium between t5 and KoS would be great IMO. I don't wanna be full EoF fabled in a month /snore. My guild raids 3 nights/12-14 hours a week and I have 2 EoF fabled already.
  16. ARCHIVED-Psykil Guest

Ok we have a problem, we did the zone last night was a little bummed to only have Tender up on the first floor, but decided to go on hoping the second floor would have a couple, in which it did. We had Sariah, Watcher of the Herd, and Gardner. We killed Sariah and got some Pally gloves and moved onto Watcher of the Herd, this named was new to us 1st time he has been up, we killed him and got a master chest, in this master chest consisted a L70 Conj. master spell and that was all. so is this guy not a real named or is what you stated in my quote false? I dont have a picture to post but someone in my guild does and will get it up asap so you can see for yourself, just seems a little lame to get a master spell as only loot from a named on 2nd floor of EH.
    On a side note Gardner is bugged completely, he has an AE called "lag" so basically when he ae's it lags the zone completely out and resets, its probably one of the weirdest things ever if you have never seen or had it done to you personally you should try it out, like we did for 2hrs, talk about frustrating.
    So in short,4 named.. 2 dead 1 bugged 1 master spell ... 5hrs (priceless)
  17. ARCHIVED-Kilaelya Guest

I got a picture of us popping the chest to see only a level 70 conjuror master, joy!

http://kilaelya.com/images/EQ2/HerdWatcherNoLoot.jpg
  18. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Yea, this zone is so poorly itemized, it's pathetic. The loot we been getting is pathetic. Thye really need to learn how to itemize and get a better understanding of reward versus risk because right now, they don't have a clue.
  19. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

rumbler seems a bit tough :(
  20. ARCHIVED-Migyb Guest

Gaige, if your only concern is getting loot too quickly, simply have them increase the lock out timer on all the zones. Make them 2-3 weeks long. That would be better than forcing people to sit through mind numbing content.

Let's look at reality though. Your fear is that you will gear up too quickly.

Characters have 20+ equipment slots. At 24 people that's around 480 possible upgrades for your raid. This is provided that you have the same 24 people every raid and no rots.

Let's say every night you raid, your raid gets three pieces of gear and no rots. That's 160 nights of raiding until you start selling loot rights.

Let's say your guild is not casual, but not really hardcore and raids only (heh, only) 4 days a week. That's still over 40 weeks of raiding.

Factor in rots and the fact that most guilds won't have people attend every raid, your looking at well over a year of raiding to get your guild upgraded in full EOF gear.

There will only be a few guilds out there that will have completely farmed out EOF by the time the next expansion rolls around.

Regardless, I don't think EH should be changed either, but I certainly don't want to see many more zones like this in the game. And SOE really shouldn't be designing content because a few uber guilds might get bored.
    Message Edited by Migyb on 12-11-2006 12:57 PM