Emerald Raid Zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-R2Chief2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Barandos Guest

problem in DT are a bug right now, mobs have not been nerfed like other mobs elsewhere.
    Emerald hall might be easier than Deathtoll at the moment :)
    But one thing is very wrong in what you say, we experienced the same thing. We get to tarinax in our 2nd trip (could have been the first but we started late in the night the first time). For the last zone of a tiers it is not normal. I and other raider here just hope that things are different in EoF and that it will take some time, gear and investment to get to the last named of EH.
  2. ARCHIVED-zormik Guest

If you got access to DT with your own guild (meaning, clearing labs, and killing all those dragons), Everything up to tarinax is indeed quite easy. Nevertheless it's been like that for over 6 months, so keep the old content like it is and learn from it in the new expansion packs (like eof).
    And indeed i know that koszones are bugged now. I just hope they "fix" them to the same difficulty as before eof. I really wanna finish my claymore quest soon ... :smileyhappy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Skeptycal Guest

Here's the problem as it is now. I hope that EH is hard as hell and we wipe on the first trash mob. I hope it stays that way. But... for guilds like mine that were just starting T7 ( cleared labs once and working on other dragons, cleared most of LOA, Some of HOS) our stomping grounds are stomping US. The KOS raid zones are NOT balanced now.

Would it be safe to assume that the new raid zones (not EH) are a better place to start now? Without the KOS progression? Is there some answer to this problem or do we just have to wait until they decide to "rebalance" the KOS zones so we have a chance to gear up there?

We are stuck right now it seems. Any advice?
  4. ARCHIVED-Original Cinadien Guest

Personally I like the zone. Yes chests from the trash would be nice but, If I see another "open labs raid forming" message in 60-69 chat Im going to puke. I do not want to see people walking around in full fabled from guilds who have never formed a raid. I liked T5 when you saw a plate class sitting on the east freeport docks in full chrome fabled and it meant they were in an uber guild and had a lot of playtime. KoS seemed to me the expansion that sony tried to win the WoW crowd over.

I think with EoF they have finally listened to the multiple petitions and suggestions from end-game raiding guilds. The fact that we were able to zone-in and kill 40% of the zone 3 day's after launch is not a good thing. I was expecting to get pwned on the trash, the named are tough but not impossible. We got the named wolf down to 16% on our third pull and I dont think anyone in the raid had more than 55 aa's.

I look for great things from EH in a couple of weeks and it wont be long til we all have it on our weekly farm list and we are rocking it in 2 hours by skipping the trash.

Side note: [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] those fae's hit hard.
  5. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

Good to see you again there, gnome :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Original Cinadien Guest

/tell unrest.cinadien :smileyhappy:
  7. ARCHIVED-Maelakai Guest

First off, I freaking love this zone... ya it's a time sink, ya it's huge, ya there's a boat load of trash.... but god is it challenging! I'm betting there are rare spawns, as we only had the tree lady at the end of the waterfall and the tender.

As for progression through the zone, I think it's fine... I believe you need to kill the tender to move on (this is what we did, although we didn't even check the ramp until after we had downed her) and this is perfect as the mobs further up get harder and harder. I love it, keep it going, keep it up, this is easily the most engaging zone of EoF. There are enough names in the zone to keep you busy, and I personally don't want to see guilds fully EoF fabled in the first month... We had two set pieces drop, a fabled buckler and some fabled arrows (yay arrows).

It was easily the most fun I've had raiding in a long time, big gratz to the designer of the zone!

Cheers,
    Draydin
    Defiler - Chaotic Legion - Kithicor
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Exill Guest

I think the zone is fine how it is. The bugs were found and fixed pretty quickly which is much appriciated.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.
  10. ARCHIVED-zormik Guest

LOL,

Don't put anything in my mouth lol. My point was that in this thread there's boasting that kos raiding is too easy and it should be harder bla bla bla. That's the only thing i reacted on because it's a very onesighted comment. I love the fact that there are hard raidencounters like chel'drak, matron, ... and i hope there are many more in eof. You guys also have all the contested you go for, ... It gives me a goal to work towards. Even if we don't kill them before T8 arrives at least we tried out best. Casual raiding guilds also like to try the harder content :smileywink:

1) we will go there again but as stated a lot of the hardcore guys in beta told to make it harder. Which is wrong imo. They should leave the difficulty as it is.

2) and i said the comment wasn't about EH. I'm fine with you guys getting raidzones that are uberhard

3) I didn't complained about the amount of content for either party. I commented the boasting that raidcontent should be harder in kos

Anyway i'm not gonna go into a argument over this lol. You have putted things in my mouth that i never said or never thought.
    Message Edited by zormik on 11-20-2006 07:52 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

12. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

This was the first trip in for alot of guilds. While it took ALONG time to get to Woushi, it was the first trip. We spent time exploring, poking around and learning the named encounters. While the first several trips may take 4+ hours. By the time a guild has learned this zone it will probably take 2-3 hrs to clear everything. You can skip plenty of trash to go directly for named. Once those named are dead, you can move along and skip more trash.
    It seems there are named that are random. We had four named + Woushi. We never saw the Wolf named or the rumbler. Maybe next trip then. Considering we were able to beat all the named (less Woushi) in KoS gear, and less then 75 AAs. Sounds kinda poor for the end game raid zone of EoF.
  13. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Some people like Gaige just loves long **** boring enough to make you shoot yourself zones. Some people love yawn fest zones. Some people love wasting their play time on trash mobs. If Dissolution (mostly Gaige) says so, then it must be so.
    SOE needs to learn to listen to the other 98% of us.
  14. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

And some people need to learn that some things just don't need changing. I'm not in Disso but I agree that this zone is fine as is (as long as the nameds are actually popping when they're supposed to). Its SUPPOSED to be the most difficult zone, but people are already complaining its too hard/long/boring.
    Don't do it if it is too long or boring to you. Gear up and up your guild dps, and then it won't be as long. Learn where you can skip some of the trash. Its part of LEARNING a zone, instead of being spoon fed it.
  15. ARCHIVED-mikk1 Guest

We raided the zone last week but only 2 nameds were up (wolf and Tender which is always up). Other guild from our server got 4 nameds (i dont say they killed them). So we were quite disappointed - spent lots of time on only trash killing which is not fun. There two ways to correct the situation imo: one is to reduce amount of trash (which isnt very good imo cause some guilds will get 4-5 nameds every time and others only 2). The best way is to set a definate number of nameds each time raid enters the zone and the optimal number would be 4 imo (Tender plus 3 random nameds). And to allow for trash to have some small chance of dropping legendary gear and masters. In this case all guilds will be on equal conditions.
    Message Edited by mikk1 on 11-20-2006 02:18 PM
    Message Edited by mikk1 on 11-20-2006 02:19 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-camieole Guest

we love the zone.. all the EOF zones have been very exciting.

This zone has been by far the most challenging that we have ever gone to and the most dynamic in EQ2.

To comment to the OP.. We too raided for 4 hours and didnt recieve one chest. we got some paws and meats and silvers.
  17. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

i don't get where this zone is that much of a "yawn fest", didn't seem that bad to me when we did it. maybe we didn't do the trash that has all these HP but we went in without a brigand it was all still dieing pretty quick.

and just remember a zone that take 6 hours to clear now will take a LOT less with a fully EoF equipped raid with full augments and 100 AAs. so even if the mobs seem to have a lot of HP now and seem tough for trash mobs now they won't be when you have progressed a bit into EoF.
  18. ARCHIVED-Untalented Guest

The trash mobs need to be dropping the fabled set items in these raid zones. Else this is [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
  19. ARCHIVED-Mjollnyr Guest

Then we could have no progression just like KoS! um, no thanks.
  20. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

trash mobs + fabled items = a big itemization no no

then we end up with zones dropping 15 pieces of fabled a night like labs.