Emerald Raid Zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-R2Chief2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Well, they should have done this like they did relic and have patterns/molds. We have got like 6+ items already that went to alts because it's always the same POS item for that class we like have 1 of or no one wanted the POS. We always seems to get a crapload of SK or paladin crap. It seems a lot of guilds always get more of one type than other guilds and a lot of stuff goes to alts or gets sold by guild bank to vendor.
    This is utter BS. 24 people with all those slots to fill and we get the same old junk over and over and over and over and over and never get to gear up what is needed by people that need it.
    Named in Freethinkers dropping same junk that people are getting off heroic mobs and they all share the same crappy loot table. The loot in Emerald halls isn't very great either.
  2. ARCHIVED-vladsamier Guest

This zone NEEDS TO BE FIXED BAD. The Gardener creates 7-8 seconds of lag after the AE charm wears off.. This has been bugged for oh.... several weeks now that I know of.
    Also, THANK YOU SOE for changing the seedlings to have the same [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] AE buff strip that the fairydragons have... Also thanks for giving the Overseer of Change this ability. Ninja changes FTMFW....

Message Edited by vladsamier on 01-04-2007 12:08 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Koltur Guest

Only tried this zone once, it seemed tough, but many of our regular raid players were out for holiday so, we didn't get very far.

Had a decent look to the zone, kinda refreshing (albeit laggy) and some interesting AE effects, which seems above and beyond the standard norm.

Killed most trash with relative ease and quickness, got to a dog and killed that, got a nice bow, killed more trash and got to a tree, we were beating up on that, when some dancing fool pops in and does a cute dancing trick to the raid.. well, not had a laugh in raid like that for a while to say the least :p

Progression is good tho', in my opinion. KoS is pretty much a joke at the moment and adding a new level of difficulty makes it more rewarding overall, and keeps the player coming back. It's about challenge and reward. Ain't nothing quite like the rush of trying a mob several different ways and finally getting him, and seeing that cute little metal box with (hopefully) some pretty slick item that doesn't get transmuted.

(oh ya, only thing that annoys me at all, is all the sweet procs on legendary gear.. can we get some of those awesome procs on .. Fabled gear?! please? *flutters eyes* Pretty please?)
    Message Edited by Koltur on 01-04-2007 10:19 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Caetrel Guest

got to a tree, we were beating up on that, when some dancing fool pops in and does a cute dancing trick to the raid. Lol that is Prince Thirneg, one of the random nameds that can pop (like the dog). You want to kill all the random adds before messing with the floor boss or you get the other named encounter added.
  5. ARCHIVED-GMPOTU Guest

/agree .................. FTMFW
  6. ARCHIVED-vladsamier Guest

by the way... If it matters, I will be happy to send the dev's a fraps'ed video of exactly what is happening. You can even use the video to count the seconds of lag that is created. . . I dont think that if a GM that came inside the zone to look for the horrid lag spikes from hell would see anything unless they are actually in the raid, so the video is the best option for someone to see what the heck is going on.
    Message Edited by vladsamier on 01-04-2007 01:15 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Oh, they know very well what the lag is like. If they could figure out how to fix it, you would have thought they would have fixed it 6 months to a year ago with all the zones that lag like crap and contested that lag like a mutha when you engage them.
    Either they are using lag as a way to make encounters tough or, they can't figure out how to fix it, or they just could care less. I believe the last 2 though.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 01-04-2007 04:58 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Snarks Guest

This zone, in its current state, in my opinion, has dethroned PPR as the worst effort vs. reward raid in the game.

Legions of trash that drop nothing. Easy named that drop crap. (or a single master spell if you are so lucky!). Broken named.

Who designed this? In all seriousness, this zone is complete crap top to bottom. HUGE potential, HUGE pile of crap.
  9. ARCHIVED-Psykil Guest

Yeah, its dissapointing. This zone has huge potential to be one of the best new raid zones if done correctly, I seriously hope they adjust the loot/bugs/lag and make this more desirable to raid.
  10. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Definately agree 100%. Probably the same one that designed PPR, Eye farming and some of the other hated zones.
    From what I have heard, he doesn't even play the game and he thinks that massive amounts of trash with massive amounts of health with no loot actually makes the game more fun.
    The crappy loot you get off the named isn't worth the effort and risk you go through.
    Now, if you had to wade through all that to get to the named and they dropped 4 pieces of high end raid gear (and I mean stuff with decent stats and really worthy to be called high end raid gear), it would be worth it.
  11. ARCHIVED-hahnbard07 Guest

This may be old, I haven't searched the whole thread:

Has anyone tried asking him where the phat lewt is?!?
  12. ARCHIVED-Migyb Guest

Yes. No he doesn't kill you.