Emerald Raid Zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-R2Chief2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

Thanks for a massively huge crap zone... 3+ hours worth of clearing trash for nothing, we finally found a named and killed it only to get no chest, no aa xp etc.. (although it did give us a success timer and a 5 day lockout)

the zone is to big - there is to much trash (copy and paste of faydark may have seemed a great idea - but please put content in the actual zone that is fun)

we got 1 server discovery tonight and that was a body drop of - "horse meat" (which for the first time i havent let raid leader loot, after corpse getting in my way going unlooted for a while i looted it and it comes up in guildchat saying i discovered it..)

apart from that - the zone is a complete joke

grand loot tally:

horse meat
    no chests
    about 3 body loots of 50 silver or something
    alot of naked folks

suffice to say i just cannot wait for my 5 day timer to finish so i can re-enter this joyious zone of pure absoloute fun....................!!

Whether this was intended or not, im not entirely sure but in reality my first experience of eof raiding almost drove me to prozac, 4 hours later (and 1 attempt on the final and only named we could find in zone the lvl 75 encounter led to the zone rushing us... looking around at the copious amounts of trash mobs left to clear we decided enough was enough)

Thanks for a great zone... keep up the great work... the address you can send my prozac to are......

Message Edited by R2Chief2 on 11-15-2006 05:34 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Verm75 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Aven Elonis Guest

In beta, it was brought up that there were too many annoying trash mobs and too few named ( I think 5 total, if memory serves me right) in a zone that large.
  4. ARCHIVED-Urglunt Guest

Agree with OP had exact same experience tonight. Got to a named finally only to have same result...no loot, but a lockout.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ellestil Guest

THe whole zone seems built wrong. Some trash mobs are harder than most KoS raid zones ( a badger for example in Emerald is tougher than named in Labs ). We killed a variety of mobs and not one chest dropped, at all. Some mob encounters are groups of 6 or so elites. Normally these type of encounter is just a bunch of heroics put together to make an elite encounter. Not this time, these guys were a linked group of 6 elites, and all of them AE'd like crazy. At another point, the tank pulled a rumbler, and I was far far back (none of my spells were within range to cast ), the rumbler used a raid wide AE that hit everyone regardless of range (down goes mage pet, no chance at all).
    I understand that 5% of the entire population of EQ2 wants some almost impossible raid zones, but when you make zones like this, it's just frustrating for 95% of the other players. Spending 3 hours clearing god-like trash mobs for no loot is not fun. Even if you are in the 5% bracket of players.
    Ellestil
  6. ARCHIVED-FlintAH Guest

All EoF zones are supposed to be harder than the old raid zones. They are intended to be VERY difficult, most especially EH. I am pretty sure this is intended as THE end game zone.
  7. ARCHIVED-pubear Guest

if its the end game zone, which I can accept, then it should be dropping a bit more loot. Even deathtoll there is a chance at relic and velium and other stuff dropping off of even the trash. This person is as much complaining about the ridiculous lack of loot in addition to the difficulty of the mobs.
  8. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

There is hard and there is ridiculous.

the trash mobs in there have wat? 5billion HP?
    not to mention the loottable an names missing.
  9. ARCHIVED-Beragon Guest

If you cant beat Eh then dont do it, Freethinker and Menace are the 2 that are kind of easy in EoF.

Its calld progress you need gear to beat EH towards the end, its not bad and not buggt. First 2 nameds are still to easy as in Beta already said, but rest works well.

@R2Chief , go move with your Guild towards Menace in Klak Ánon and or Freethinker and let Eh aslong you think its too hard, but dont complain you cant beat it on first run.
  10. ARCHIVED-Petgroup Guest

Named not giving AA/Loot but giving lockouts = Beta testing on Live ftw.
  11. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

raiding guild and didnt expect to beat it on first run.... my complaint was more against the lack of loot and a zone filled with 5,000 trash mobs, 3-4 hours killing trash mobs for 0 loot, nada as in zilch......

one bit of horse meat, no chests no nothing

we do find a named and beat it only to get no chest and no loot and no aa but a success timer of 5 days

stop ranting about this being an end game zone, i and you shouldnt care.. are end game zones supposed to send 24 ppl to sleep ??
  12. ARCHIVED-schrammy Guest

Please don't make pointless comments.
    I never said we couldn't beat the zone. I complained about missing nameds (as in they were present in beta, but just not there on live)
    And i complained about the loot, which is non-existent. (eg THERE WAS NO LOOT)

If we down a mob which is supposed to be "hard" like you put it, we should get some reward? don't we.
    And the people in beta complaining it was too easy, exagerated abit. I'm not saying it was too hard in beta, but pple forget that haveing FULL AA and Beta buffed chars is not what they have on live.
    I bet those peeps completely rearranged their aa for every zone (no clue if thats possible, wasnt on beta long enough to test that)
  13. ARCHIVED-Lyndro-EQ2 Guest

Its pretty hard for us to check for loot on a mob if you don't tell us what the name of the creature is.

There was also a bug in the zone where when players would get charmed in one of the fights the creatures in the zone would start aggroing on each other. If that happened to you, you wouldn't be awarded loot (I'm not saying that is the case, but if you were hit by that bug, it would explain the lack of loot).

EH is supposed to be hard, nearly impossible if you haven't worked your way up in the progression. Fighting in EH without full AAs, new top end equipment, and some nice adornments, is like fighting in deathtoll without being level 70.
  14. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Raiding in EoF follows this progression

Menace-
    freethinkers
    MM inner sanctum
    Emerald Halls
    Pumkinheaded horseman
    8 Avatars

Itemization wasnt really implemented in beta at least till the final week. Emerald Halls trash was fine IF they included at least 2 (hopefully 3-4) (8-9 total) more named. As is the ratio of trash to named is jacked. My advice do menace and freethinkers they both should be working and hopefully fully itemized.

EH was designed at least for fully fabled, 100AA's most adornents, etc. So they prolly figured they had time to finish itemizing it. Was the expansion ready for release, Yes. Is it completely finished, Nope. Odd though that none of the named spawned for you.
  15. ARCHIVED-Lyndro-EQ2 Guest

Itemization is done for the zone. If something isn't dropping loot it is a bug, and we'd like to figure out what caused it. :p (Unless it was the charm bug, in which case we already have)
  16. ARCHIVED-Petgroup Guest

If you knew about the charm bug, it would help if there was a post saying " There is an issue with xyz raid zone", don't get a lockout till this is fixed.

Communication is key. No communication = posts like this and angry raiders that spent all this time when you knew about a bug preventing them from doing a zone.

Sure Emerald Halls is "impossible" now but that doesn't mean we can try and get a feel for the zone. All we got was a 5 day lockout on a known bug by SoE.

Any other stuff we should know about before we start blowing through 5 day lockouts?
  17. ARCHIVED-Defender of Antonia Guest

I belive the two named The poster was refering to would be The named wolf (Savage Fang maybe) and the named under the waterfall (Mistress something)

I doubt they were able to beat The Segmented Rumbler and both Woshi and the other named droped loot in Beta.

It's is odd though that these mobs would not have loot. same with trash as This was bugged multiple times throughout beta. Itemization was said to be done on this zone Saturday but after we came in Saturday after the Beta update There was still no loot on any Trash mobs and no Loot on the above two named. We proceeded to tell the entire raid to bug it again.

Shows That either
    1. Someone did not bother reading any of the bug reports
    2. They were read but ignored
    3. They were read but SoE thought other things as a higher priority
    Message Edited by Defender of Antonia on 11-16-2006 11:28 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Urglunt Guest

Well we did pull the orange fairies (named and a couple adds) and I was charmed, and we were killed by half the mobs still alive in the zone. However, the loot prior to that was non existent.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lyndro-EQ2 Guest

We found out about the charm bug last night and it was fixed this morning, so its no longer a bug that you need to worry about.

There was a bug where the rumbler event that could stop it from running to completion. We found that yesterday, it was fixed this morning.

Thos are the only issues that we knew of with the zone, they were both found yesterday and fixed this morning.
  20. ARCHIVED-R2Chief2 Guest

Hi Lyndro,

It was the rumbler - killed it and no loot and nothing happened so we just kept going.

Is it intended to be 3,000 trash mobs with no loot, not even body loot in zone? :(

makes for a very boring zone when your doing nothing but clearing trash for 3-4hrs (and it could have been more if we didnt decide just to call it a night)