Emerald Raid Zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-R2Chief2, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

If you are going into a "bring your A game" raid zone, then people expect "A game" gear to drop. It's that simple. They expect the rewards to match their effort and the challenge. They will need it for the next thing to come along.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 11-25-2006 02:42 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

It does drop A Game loot. You just need B Game loot to kill it, whereas if you have the low-end KoS loot, you only have C Game Loot. So get some better loot.
  3. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

Exactly, which shows what loot is for. It's for progression. Even once you kill the hardest mob the loot has a purpose. It's to make killing that mob easier next time or for gearing up for the next expansion.
  4. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

Yea, very very very little A game loot, compared to all the crap you have to deal with and the time and effort involved. VERY poorly itemized for 24 people spending as much effort and time and cost as they have to in this zone.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

Because, I'm sure you've killed Wuoshi already and know what drops.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

Woushi drops the fabled class legs. Mayong the chest. Not that i killed him just what i been told and i agree i raid not for loot but becuase i enjoying raiding. As i rarely bid on items.
    I don't mind the trash in EH. i do wish there was more named in EH and i kinda wish they would stop the ROOST design on raids.
    A dev once said and i agree that the EQ2 raider is nothing like the EQ1 Raider. People expect everything handed to them. People expect the short path to raids. People expect every fight to reward them no matter how trivial. People complain that there are heroic mobs on the way to a epic zone and expect eveyr raid zone to be a simple click. In refenrece to an eq1 raid Like plane of fire to kill Fenin Ro where you had to clear an army for over 2 hours to reach the boss mob who dropped 2 items this is in a raid of 54-72 people. (There was also 2 named w a chance to drop 1 additional item a peice) People didn't complain then, about the travel past epic quality mobs or the trash to the boss, but they do now. To me it is the experienced raider who really enjoys the journey and the challenge. While the rest of you just complain about the loot.
    Message Edited by Gungo on 11-27-2006 10:31 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

I'm sure you've killed Woushi already and know what drops.
    Umm, I guess you haven't been in there yet because last tiem i checked, there was more than just woushi.
    It's still a poorly done zone. They are still basing what's fun on a few people that don't have a clue what's fun for the rest of the people on all the other servers. Very poorly done and very poorly itemized.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 11-27-2006 02:21 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Pinski Guest

I disagree that it is poorly designed. Mobs have minions to do their bidding, they don't even have that much health! It's not like they have 3 million HP for each trash mob, they barely have a million. Honestly, I'm happy with the way trash is setup in this zone, compared to Inner Sanctum, the trash is miles better. Btw, did you even kill the static named yet to see what he drops? Btw, not everything is supposed to drop the best OMG loot in the game. The final boss of a zone, however probably does. Did you kill him? No, I didn't think so. I don't think anybody has killed him in his correctly working fashion. So please, deal with the trash, at least it a) doesn't respawn, b) doesn't have 3 million HP, or c) doesn't activate in weird/buggy fashions.
  9. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

I'm not sure if mayong and wuoshi drop the legs and chest. I saw a post from the NPU templar who already has the chest and bp from their class set. I don't know, but I don't think they've killed either yet.
  10. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

I dunno, I just checked the templars in NPU, and both are wearing Relic bp and legs. They may have had the LEGENDARY drops, not the FABLED ones.
  11. ARCHIVED-Nevarer Guest

Scortch you and your guild must suck if it this hard for you to kill a little trash and get a named. I mean im sorry this zone isnt labs like you want it to be.
  12. ARCHIVED-Spondulix Guest

I think I know the post you guys are talking about, and I think those screen shots of the chest, legs and shoulders might've been taken on Beta. If the chest and legs dropped and one templar got them both this shortly after the expansion, I'd just have to... do something about it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Beragon Guest

NPU , didnt get the relic BP / Leggings, i doubt it, else we would have seen a big Screen on there HP.

I think Emerald Halls, is exactly what we want for Raidzones. No Mobs dont have tons of HP, it seems fine. We didnt had a problem really to clear trash and we dont have one for the first 2 Nameds. I really love the zone, no noob zone like Labs / Lyc or HoS, where you clear it within 1h.

If you need to long for clearing trash, you need to farm lower gear first, its progression nothing else. If you think the zone has far to many Trash,then you should had visit it on beta. This expansion needs to make a difference btw people who invest alot time and people who dont. Hope SoE never change this Zone..
  14. ARCHIVED-Leawyn Guest

15. ARCHIVED-Scortch Guest

You are absolutely totally clueless and make assumptions that are just plain out stupid and your comment is plain out stupid.
    NOWHERE have I ever said we could not kill them. Killing them isn't a problem. Killing the massive amounts of them however is nothing but a yawn fest and the zone is boring as heck and poorly done like PPR, AOA and others were. SOE has been told that the majority of their players hate these boring **** zones but, they keep making them based on the feedback of like 2% of the players. One certain guild loves boring zones and SOE listens to them instead of the rest of us and as a result, we have more and more of these zones that are turning into yawn fest.
    Get the facts straight before you make stupid comments like that. There is a HUGE difference betwenn something being difficult and something being boring as heck. Obviously from what I have said, it's not the difficulty, it's the boredom.
    Message Edited by Scortch on 11-28-2006 08:28 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-PhroZenAssassin Guest

Zone is Brilliant. I love it. Don't touch it!
  17. ARCHIVED-mikk1 Guest

This zone is no fun really. First of all it takes us 2 hours to clear to Tender and around him. Plus 0.5 hour to clear to any random named on the first level (except wolf). Then there are about 20 groups of brownies (each consisting of 4-6 mobs) which you need to clear to pull Gardener. Every such group takes us about 3 min to kill it plus at least 3 min to find another group (they re very small), place MT and raid, pull it taking into account Gardener patrolling route and huge KB. I assume it will take at least 2 hours to clear to and around Wuoshi. So we have at least 6 hours of trash clearing only. Plus people need breaks, go LD and so on. Plus any random named up takes 30-45 min to clear trash and kill. Plus stationary nameds... It seems this zone is designed for 9-11 hours of raiding which is not fun imo. Only a few guilds can allow such long raiding even on weekends.

P.S. I dont understand why Gardener teleports people around the zone level? It means death for them in 99% of cases as we cant allow to clear any more trash.
  18. ARCHIVED-Corwinus Guest

Well, we tried that zone yesterday for a first exploration try, with a lot of humility even if now we can kill Tarinax on a regular basis (like for all the top mobs we died a lot learning).
    As a Ranger I love the design of the zone, gee, you can breathe, its outdoor ant it looks great, even the music is (imho) fun because its all nice and cool while there is deadly stuff lurking out there.
    What I agree with is that past the first 30 trash mobs it gets a bit boring, not asking for the trash to drop fabled like in Labs but at least fun things like some legendary gear set pieces or adornment components, you know ..., just to keep the guilies awake.
    Also we only saw 2 names : the Rumbler, and we have to figure him out, looks a lot like the drake in DT, so after he segments we will have to double or triple tank him, and the Tender and there i think there was a bug, after clearing all the trash around we pulled her and, we aggroed ALL THE ZONE lol, i dont think this works as intended, so maybe the devs want to look at it.

So, in a nutshell, first impression is 1/ nice design 2/ may get a bit boring (timesink and no fun reward) 3/Still bugged , not for the Rumbler, but for the Tender 4/ where are the other names that people are talking about? because for sure they did not pop for us.

Corwin Ranger 70 - Oasis - Hero

PS : No flame required, its just a candid opinion
  19. ARCHIVED-mikk1 Guest

First, Tender is certainly not bugged.
    Second, you were only on the first floor of the zone. There 2 more floors of the same huge size with nameds and trash.
  20. ARCHIVED-Vellek Guest

The only guaranteed named are the Tender, the Gardener, and Wuoshi.
    The zone is fine the way it is. Yes, it is long and there is a lot of trash, but no one said you have to complete it every week. If your guild cant raid for 6+ hours, there are other shorter raid zones out there you can complete like Clockwork Menace Factory, Freethinkers, and Mistmoore Inner Sanctum. On days you do Emerald Halls just zone in, clear some trash, get to as many named as you can, and zone out. One thing I like about this expansion is they have given us a little variety this time. We have some very short raids and one very long one. I wouldnt like all raid zones to be like EH, but one is good.
    I wouldnt compare EH to AOA either. AOA was boring because of many factors. It had the same scenery and the same mobs on every floor. The only difference was the AEs, but they were all birds. The named sucked because everything was x2, so with a normal raid force of 24, half the raid had to sit out. Mobs also had a ton of hps, a lot more than the trash mobs in EH.
    There are a lot of different types of trash mobs in EH. The satyrs that make you dance are awesome. The fae drakes that dispell buffs suck but are at least different and interesting. The unicorns have a really cool knockback that reminds me of Rognog sometimes. All this, and the fact there can be a lot more named in EH than there were in AOA. And the named drop some really nice loot, unlike AOA.
    I do wish the named in EH werent random though, that does stink to get instances that have very few named in them but the three static ones.
    Message Edited by Vellek on 12-03-2006 11:53 PM