Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryptstalker New Member

My wife and I purchased the Lifetime Deal but we would like to get the bonus items as well so we are thinking of purchasing the 12 month deal also. Not knowing what that conversion rate for those 12 months is what has kept us from doing so. Can anyone tell us what the Daybreak Cash amount would be for those 12 months? I used a Krono last night to see what it would give us and it only awarded me 500 DC, if that would be the conversion rate for each of the 12 months on the bonus deal then we will pass. Anyone who may have an idea to this please Give a response.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Technically its all relative. In the US

It is illegal to buy alcohol for someone under 18 in a licensed premises, the only exception is for 16 or 17 year-olds who are allowed to drink beer, wine or cider with food if with an adult (but they may not buy the alcohol themselves). It is legal for anyone over 5 to drink alcohol.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Unknown Entity Member

I'd suggest looking at each state as well, or the numbskull parents or "adults" can have fun screaming "But it's legal!!!!" while Child Protective Services and the cops are hauling the kids away. Oh, wait, they'll be busy in their own ride to jail for contributing to the delinquency of minors as well as child endangerment and neglect. The legal age for possession of any form of alcohol in California is 21.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Not important enough to dig any further into the subject of minors and alcohol or which individual states may have different laws in place.
    My sincerest apologies to the forum for going off topic.

Its a good deal for some not a good deal for others. I was kinda against it at first for reasons listed elsewhere, but after careful consideration I changed my mind.
    People have been saying the game is dying for the past 10 years, its a slow death I guess... But its still here!

Many aspects of the game and the direction the game has turned have been the suxors, but even the naysayers are here defending their way of life, and or changes to something they care deeply enough to have their say in.

I respect that!
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

The stipend per month is 500 DBC, after going through the posts/promotional information, I don't see anything that suggests that the conversion is different. You're getting the value of the monthly stipend, not the value of the dollar amount for the purchase.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Kitty Ninja Member

7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

If what you are saying is true, it means one is effectively buying 6,000 DBC and spending $60 for the bonus items.

I was under the impression it was an unused time for dbc conversion?
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The conversion is 1500 (or close to). Last week of Nov was when I did the yearly renewal. Bought the lifetime and had over 17k dbc added to my balance. I'd do the actual numbers but being lazy :D

I suggest /petition to get an official answer as to the exact conversion numbers.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Tekka Well-Known Member

It would be nice to get an official answer, since there is confusion surrounding the issue, and the lifetime is - for some obscure reason - limited in 'quantity'.
  10. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

You make a good point here about negativity. A couple of points:

The first is that negativity itself tends to draw our attention more than positivity does. It also tends to dominate associative memory making negative experiences more easily recalled than positive ones. The negative people seem to have a louder voice, because our brains are hard-wired to prioritize that kind of information. It's just part of the survival instincts embedded in the lizard part of our brains.

But there is a solution!

Many of us took persuasive writing or debate in highschool or college, and there is a tried and true solution that goes back centuries: Before you make your argument, you acknowledge those things that weaken it or are counter to it, then you make your argument in light of those things. Not only does this present candor, but it also has the effect of making an argument being perceived as more credible, because admiting a negative up front will inspire people to believe what comes after is more honest (when i see people making a one-sided argument, my first reaction is, "ok, what are they not telling me?").

For example, if am going to make a post critical of the game, I like to start off by giving them credit for what the are doing well. If i'm going to praise them, I first mention things that I feel could use some work. THEN, I go into my argument, which if it's sound, should overcome the negatives.

In terms of this thread, I think you're right about that also. I've had a look at the eq1 thread and the ps2 reddit, and the majority of those folks are in love with this offer. This thread appears to have a higher quantity of negative posts.

The sense I get from this one is not about telling people how to spend their money, it's that people are wary the offer will pay-off. Thus, my perception is there are unresolved issues with this particular title.

This is DBG's problem to fix, because it is not the responsibility of customers to supply the company unearned confidence or manage their reputation for them. They want us to buy from them, so it's on them.

I am in the wary category, but folks need to make their own assessments and just do what makes them happy :)
    Juraiya, Castegyre, Alyndrys and 3 others like this.
  11. Ravenlorde New Member

I just purchased a life time membership how do I get the bonus items or I guess I am out of luck
  12. Tekka Well-Known Member

Nope, if you want the bonus items, you need to spend an additional 200$ for the one year membership, per Mepps' posts.
    Ravenlorde likes this.
  13. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Actually, he may be out of luck. The way Mepps decribed it, you have to buy the 12 month first, then buy the lifetime :(
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Mepps has better answers on the EQ1 Forums.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ter-extravaganza-december-18-31.253382/page-5

The conversion rate is 1500 Daybreak Cash per month based on prepaid time BEFORE purchasing lifetime membership (EQ1 player claimed 20 Kronos and received 30000 DBC in Post #95). Mepps also says you will be auto-granted prepaid time (post #88, 92) and continue to receive your monthly 500 DBC (post #19).
  15. Khama New Member

I see no "lifetime" sub as an option in the subscription page? Or does it reach 4k limit already?
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

seems so. yesterday there was a message with less than 400 left
  17. Porthos New Member

I play on the TLE server and bought the 1 year one. There is NO disclaimer that most of the bonuses don't work on my server.
    I can't use the horse cause is lv 100, I didn't get the 120 potions, and i cant use the lv 110 obviously.

What bothers me the most is that i don't even get the DC. I paid for a full year, I want a full year worth of DC. Where does it say you pay now and we give you the DC a little bit every month?
    Im asking for a refund.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The Lifetime All Access Memberships have sold out. The 12 Month + Bonus are still available!
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

In the FAQ
    "you'll also recieve a 500 DBC reward to claim in each month and a 10% discount on marketplace items that can be with DBC or real world currency."

And also here on the Daybreak main site about all access.

They've never given the DBC (or the SC before it) in a lump sum. Always a monthly grant.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right...plus, your goodies will be accessible on the TLE at some point. :)

Uwk
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.