Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

From the quoted articles:

The rest of the rumor mongering is based on trolly tweets from an ex-employee who has no more information than you do. End of discussion on this, though.
  2. Jinksie Well-Known Member

It is 6 research potions for 20 hours reduction each.
  3. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Ah, so, buy the 12 month to get the bonuses, then buy the lifetime and convert the 12 month to station cash.

So, at the end of it, you guys get what amounts to a station cash purchase and 30 months of pre-paid membership. The customer gets the 12 month goodies and free membership for as long as any DBG titles are still up and running after 30 months.

I hope you're not under any illusion that anything about this offer inspires any confidence. Not saying this to be ugly, just observing the substance of what this offer really is.

Edited for clarity an inability to type.
    blackjack, Siren, Xillean and 5 others like this.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yep. Technically you can purchase in any order, but 12 month first and then lifetime is fastest for getting the DBC.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Julesholland Active Member

Wow actively encouraging a 500 dollar purchase for a game... Not even a new game, 500 dollars...... Someone is on happy juice! I hope people are more sensible than this!
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We're all adults. I'm sure everyone has different opinions on what is sensible and what is not, right? And it probably doesn't concern you one way or another. I personally spent way more than $500 on memberships to EQ1 and 2 before I joined SOE/Daybreak, so in the lifetime perspective it sounds reasonably sensible to me. It's cool if it doesn't to you.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

As a customer who has purchased a life time subscription for 200$ (not this game) as well as a 100$ Founder pack for Landmark, for me there is a difference in making that purchase at the BEGINING of a game, while the game is in it's prime, and a game that is 15 (or 20, or 8) years old and in decline.

I stated in another post, however, that if you feel you'll get 200$ for a year or 300$ for a lifetime worth of value, or this new proposal to spend 500$ to get the fluff, and have no regrets. Go for it.
  8. Prox Well-Known Member

If someone purchases the lifetime while they have time still left on there existing yearly subscription . Are they getting Daybreak cash for monetary amount remaining? This may have already been covered, sorry if it has.
  9. Kryzia Member

Yes :) And you will get too the 500 every month
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  10. Prox Well-Known Member

Thank you
  11. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

Sounds like Marketing botched it again. WHY didn't Daybreak lead with this? That would have stifled many concerns.

I remember far too many times, over the decades, when out of the blue a company would offer a lifetime membership. Most (almost all) tanked within two years. Except Landmark etal. That lasted almost three years.
    Meneltel and Rhodris like this.
  12. Bella222 Active Member

I have been reading the other all access game forums. EQ and DCUO seem to have many more players than we do. I went to EQ last night and they had a huge crowd in POK for a special event and they have many more worlds.

I personally love EQ2 best. My fear is that EQ2 will be closed and our All Access will just apply to EQ and DCUO. Also EQ forums are getting much more encouragement and action from Daybreak than we are. I wish they would assure us -- EQ2 - so we would be more like to buy the incentives.

And for your info, this account I post with is an old silver but I have 2 all access main accounts. Wish I didn't feel so worried. I have so much invested in this game.
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

Technically this is not true since the company is based in the U.S. Though a 14 year old can drink, legally it is seven years away; I would hardly say that is considered "nearly". Now back in the good old days - yea, 14 is nearly old enough.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

I too have spent waaaaaaaaaaaay over $500 on both games, plus a myriad of other titles. I can afford to spend $500 (or $300 or $200 - if I did it I think I would do the $500). My concerns are what is driving me away from doing it.

I don't, and others as well, like the direction each expansion takes us. This is a game where people have forged friendships over many years. They don't like to have those friendships torn apart because their group make-up no longer meets the Dev's idea of a group. They don't like to force their friends to play a class they don't like, because it is a must have or you don't do anything but solo.

I can tell you I am not impressed with the arrogance of some of the people who run this game, makes me less likely to support such an idea because I just don't trust them. I read your post about the reasoning and it makes sense, would have been cool for that to be said upfront. Your post is what made me think ok, maybe. Every time I think "yea, let's do this" I go back to the fact there are people there I don't trust. I really want to do this, I just can't trust that in 2.5 years the game will be what I like to play - the direction the last 3 expansions is just not fun.

In the end I hope you get your 4000 subscribers, I hope I continue to play the game, I'll probably spend more then $500 over the time, but I will also know that if I don't like the direction of the next expansion, I won't be forced into buying it because I have to get my monies worth. That to me is worth it. That is sad I can't trust the game, but worth it to me.
    Juraiya, Pixistik, Gillymann and 7 others like this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I think he means "EQ[1]...is nearly old enough to drink." EQ1 turns 20 in 2019.

But yes, oddly enough, EQ1 is in a much better shape than EQ2 with much less Pay-to-Win and paywalls.
    Juraiya, Kawoosh and Rhodris like this.
  16. Sweett New Member

I brought the lifetime membership. I don’t care if it shuts down. I’ve spent a wonderful 15 years on eq2. Losing $300 is a drop in the bucket to the 15 years of pure joy that the staff and players in EQ2 has brought me.
    Febrith, Breanna, Mepps and 1 other person like this.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

At today's exchange rate, US$300 = NZ$450. I have more interesting and joyous things to spend that sort of money on than a game that just about needs a zimmer frame.
  18. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

http://archive.is/jEiaG

Daybreak will have no problem getting 4,000 lifetime subscribers.
    • PlanetSide 2 has a rabid base, and I suspect the bulk of the 4,000 will be from them. I think it's unlikely PS2 will be going away in the near future. And that player base is probably thinking the same thing.
    • The DC Universe Online has an even more rabid base, already has lifetimes, but some will be thinking 'now's a good time to get me a Christmas gift.' Unless DC gets license jitters, don't expect this property to go away.
    • Guessing EverQuest will get the bulk of what's left. Suspect EQ will be around to celebrate a 25th anniversary. It's old, but (in name) the company flagship.
    • Guessing EverQuest 2 will be dead last in subscriptions. Not because of 'uneasy' but because with a new expansion, comes new expenses.
    Suspect that had this been any other time of the year, the 4,000 subs would already be gone.

Personally would have picked up one or a few, in any month but this one. But gosh darn there's that December 25th/2nd thing. Gifts for family, friends, business associates. Your favorite furry. Expenses for traveling. Expenses for get togethers. And Then There's The Gift(s) For Self.

Mine will be a room warmer with multiple fans ......
    Rosyposy, Tekka and Conifur like this.
  19. Vifarc New Member

At last, I'm very happy with this lifetime subscription, so maybe I'll play again to my EQ2 past prefered MMO.
    Now I'll want my inventory not be full (mainly of quest items), so I can quest (play?) again.

I have a LotRo LT sub too, but I almost didn't use it as the game went F2P, killing the immersion.
    That was too for the F2P of EQ2 that I had quit EQ2.

I at now play StarTrek online (my prefered mmo after EQ2), with a LT sub too, but here the F2P fits its world.
    So, with the EQ2 LT sub, I wonder if I'll quit StarTrek to return for good to EQ2.
  20. Hypatia New Member

Oh well, whatever, can't see them doing anything to keep me interested for more than (maybe) another year anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.