Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

At this point, Daybreak should consider keeping Lifetime Membership a permanent option (if price adjusted up to $349 for "regular pricing"). I think the data points to people subbing and cancelling after expansion releases, subbing only during breaks/holidays, and subbing exclusively through (farming) Krono. Later buy-ins to Lifetime Membership only pushes the break-even point for those people.

However, if Lifetime becomes more permanent, I'd be worried about what mechanisms will be introduced for recurring revenue - i.e. higher expansion prices ($35 to $45), more Pay-to-Win, in-game nerfs (moving the goal posts; buy back power), or even a higher subscription tier (Premium - more monthly goodies).
    Rhodris likes this.
  2. Airros Active Member

Still not long enough for those that don't get paid before the end of the Month...I understand why it must be a limited number of lifetime memberships, but you should probably make it go into January, so people who want this, but need to wait for their paychecks, can still do it...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

The lifetime All Access membership offer is for all Daybreak titles, EQ/2, Planetside 2, DCUO and H1Z1.

I suspect, if one were to see a chart, it would show that the majority of the initial 4000 lifetimes went to folks who primarily play PS2 and DCUO.
  4. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

No H1Z1.

From the original post:
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tekka like this.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction! I had forgotten H1Z1 was excluded from All Access when it was super popular, and never added after the nosedive.

(welcome back. sort of :))
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  6. Metro Gnome New Member

Wonder if it was really sold out? Not, slowed to a stop, called sold out, and restarted to drum up those last bit of sales?

Bet it's all going to PSA. Bet most lifetimes were snapped up by PS2'rs.
    Siren and Tekka like this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

There's enough interest from the customer base and/or devoted fans in DCUO and PS2, with a smattering from EQ/EQ2 that I don't doubt the initial 4000 sold out.

I just thought it was odd to limit it to a fixed number, rather than from X day to X day - which they have now done 2 days after the end of the first run, so why not just do that to start?

And time it so it'll give those who are paid bi-weekly to take advantage. 300$ isn't chump change for a lot of folks.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Planetside 2 players don't care for All Access and the deal is not available for console players. (I am 3 year PS2 Veteran - Battle Rank 120 + ASP Rank 64). The benefits are marginal (50% xp boost, 50% resource boost, 500 DBC, and like 1 day/month of double xp, queue priority) for the cost.

I am guessing EQ1 and EQ2 players feel more pressure to buy. (EQ1 for Prestige gear, J5 Mercs, offline trader). I mean you can't even buy an item from someone's house on EQ2 without membership. LOL.
    Airros and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, that's not true; that's what Broker Tokens are for...right? :-/

Uwk
    who, truth be told, hasn't really tried buying anything from anyone who wasn't an alt with a F2P toon...
    Benito and Breanna like this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Yes, there are Broker Tokens. I guess the point I am making is that rather mundane game transactions require micro transactions (tokens) or membership. EQ1 allows F2P players to Buy/Sell but reserves Offline Trader (equivalent to EQ2's Broker Listings) for members. It would be nice to see EQ2 allow F2P players to purchase items directly from houses (Broker listings would be reserved for members).

There's a lot more downside to not having membership on EQ1 and EQ2 rather than PS2. I am not sure about DCUO.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm! Interesting...not sure why that should be. :-/

Uwk
  12. Metro Gnome New Member

Ah but nothing stopped an uncaring PS2 member from clicking the EQ/EQ2 lifetime membership link. And getting the All Access Membership which includes "DC Universe Onlline, EverQuest, EverQuest 2, and PlanetSide 2." When all a PS2 player cares about is saving cash on a PlanetSide 2 lifetime, they could have gotten it.

Or today going to planetside2.com/membership and getting that Lifetime. There is no small PS2 print saying 'excludes console members.'

Buy now "Only 2,000 Lifetime All Access Memberships are available."
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

You play Planetside and purchased lifetime membership?

Yeah, the benefits (or lack thereof) of All Access has long been debated on Planetside 2. The only time membership is really yearned for is for jumping the continent queue during an alert.

No clamoring for Lifetime on Planetside 2 Reddit or official forums.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside...reaking_offering_lifetime_all_access_for_300/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/a8a3mx/daybreakgames_has_already_sold_2000_of_the/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ravaganza-december-18-31.250990/#post-3522584

Mepps mentioned on the DCUO or EQ1 forums that the 12-month bundles were created for console players who were excluded from lifetime.
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Uh, Benito, just so you know, Bronzes and silvers can *buy* from the broker, they just can't *sell* on the broker without buying broker tokens.

Also, if bronzes or silvers go gold for a month and load up broker sales, their wares will continue to sell (and their prices can continue to be manipulated by the seller) as bronzes and silvers, once their subs expire.

Just some FYIs there.

What even moreso kills F2P for end-game raiders is not being able to upgrade their spells and skills as high (I think F2P caps at Master) nor wear the top tier gear without subbing.
  15. Tekka Well-Known Member

To be fair, I haven't seen much 'clamoring' anywhere - here, or otherwise.

The Round 2 will be nice for those who wanted it and missed out on Round 1.

And when Round 3 rolls around, I imagine they'll time it better for the customers without deep pockets.
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Thanks for the heads up. (My old account when I played EQ2 Vanilla is Silver). Silver and Bronze options were removed AFAIK
    So it seems new and returning players (not grandfathered in) are required to buy broker tokens or subscribe to even purchase from a item listing in a house (which I find kind of weird coming from EQ1 where Bazaar is fully accessible for F2P).

Not trying to come off "entitled" but EQ2 might be able to draw on some positive aspects of EQ1: F2P Buy/Sell access, Merc access, no purchase-able races/classes, less P2W, etc.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

With a free set of steak knives for the first 100 callers...subscribers? :D
  18. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It seems that the lifetime subs are big on EQ1 where there's 4 high-pop TLP servers (Agnarr, Corinav, Phinigel, Ragefire), 1 mid-pop TLP (Lockjaw), 1 high-pop free trade (Firiona Vie), and 1 low-pop free trade (Brekt). These servers require All Access to log in. I don't play TLP but TLP players are pretty hardcore and dramatic (like full-time job hardcore). LOL. And, since EQ1 has maybe a dozen or so end-game raid guilds, I suspect the remainder of the interest come from those hardcore raiders who need consistent access to Prestige items. I suspect 50%+ of the sub sales came from EQ1.

As a Planetside 2 veteran, I doubt PS2 players would drop that much cash when F2P is fairly good. (I haven't even bought lifetime myself and I play 3 of Daybreaks games). Granted, I play on Connery (US West Server) where we've had issues (lag, Soltech - Asia Server opening, pop decline) so maybe the pros on Emerald (US East Server) are more invested.
  19. Fiadhe Member

Does the 40% discount apply to the CD Xpac?
    Hope this is the right thread - apologies if it isn't
    Siren likes this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it: https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content

You can't buy expansions directly from the cash shop, and the redirect has never worked for me, ever, no matter what browser I use as default (Chrome, Opera, etc.).

Boy, you got me excited for a minute there, though: my daughter and I have a bunch of alt accounts we would snap CD up on if the 40% off cash shop sale included that!
    Cyrrena likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.