Daybreak Winter Extravaganza! December 18 - 31

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Dec 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Exactly, yeah. :)

Uwk
    who did it too ;->
    Breanna and Ratala like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

*falls over in disbelief*

Aren't you the stalewart silver? :p
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I like Silver accounts, I still do (the main issue I have with Bronze is not enough character slots! And I don't want to buy any there); they're very handy when I need "other players" to hand stuff out to, or if I need to sneak a new alt into my guild on my Gold account, and there's more options there than with Bronze. ;->

I still have faith that the game will last at least another 2 1/2 years; it's worth it for me for the convenience, and if it helps them get through a rough patch, groovy. ;)

Times were when we could spend over twice that for another ephemeral experience, Annual Passes for Disneyland for the two of us. Paid for themselves within 3-4 trips a year, which we were glad to take. :)

Uwk
    who has all the members of that guild at one level below the leaders ;->
  4. NurmYokai New Member

Feels like Venture Vulture Capital 101. Squeeze stone for the last O- and sell the husk.

PLEASE GOD NOT TO EA!
    Pixistik and Rhodris like this.
  5. Light_Bringer New Member

299.99 / 14.99 = 20 months hmm could be worth it if it had the "12 month" bonuses.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Not really accurate: If you sub for even 1 year, it's $120 for 12 months, which is $9.99 a month. That actually adds up to 30 months before you break even, never mind come ahead.
    Juraiya, Breanna, Xillean and 4 others like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, if you think of it another way, it's less than $1/day for a year, for the life of the game, which should be longer than a year, or even 2 1/2. ;->

$299.99/365 = $0.8217808

Uwk
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Ratala like this.
  8. Mycelian New Member

Why does a midsized game company, Daybreak, need only about a million dollars on the quick?

The average Texas programmer salary is $82K, times seventy gone, makes under six million a year saved. December savings about $450K.

Why does a midsized game company, Daybreak, need about two million dollars in December 2018? The average Jane & John would be celebrating, but that's corporate pocket change is it not? Maybe cash infusion for that Top Secret new IP project, with year end investment tax benefits?

I'd worry more were Daybreak to reoffer the lifetime plan near the end of Q2 2019.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I think prospective buyers should also account for break time. I bet most players take a few weeks to several months off of EQ1/EQ2. (Many EQ1 raiders take long breaks about 4-8 months after expac release). If you add break time, the break-even or ahead point is even further down the road.

Staying Silver and going Gold/All-Access when you need to - expac release, summer/winter months - is definitely the optimal alternative. Just maybe their membership data shows this trend thus justifying the offering of lifetime subs now. (The real break-even point for many players may be 4 years from now if they merely continued to activate All-Access at choice months/key points).

I am glad people are purchasing the lifetime subs so quickly that I hope it proves to Daybreak that the playbase still shows strong support. (I am thinking Daybreak is probably regretting offering the lifetime subs at this point).
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  10. That guy. Well-Known Member

Smed will get Amazon to buy it, don't worry.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

I have been told it is 6 x 20 day research baubles. So, not all 120 at one time.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

People said exactly the same thing when the company offered 50% off for membership. That was over two years ago. *shrug*
    Breanna likes this.
  13. blackjack Well-Known Member

I am the owner of a Lotro lifetime account. This is somewhat correct to my knowledge: lifetime membership was completely discontinued in 2009, a couple years after release but definitely not during twilight stage like this EQ2 offering. Despite players begging for its return over the years, the owners of Lotro made it clear they will not offer it again. FWIW, Lotro has now finished Mordor - so has literally run through the entire source books - and now they're rolling ahead with after-the-great-war content.

I will not be buying this EQ2 lifetime membership.
    Rhodris and Siren like this.
  14. blackjack Well-Known Member

EA does not want this game, friend. Rest easy.

Amazon is developing their own MMO called New World. I'm in the alpha. It's okay if you like survival with open world PVP, but it has a really interesting setting (to me, anyway.)

I think some folks have already made some astute posts on this offering.
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

I've bought two lifetime things in my gaming time. One was to Lotro and it is still going strong (it was the second time they offered lifetime membership). The other was to Hellgate London, which unfortunately had a very short life. "You pays your money and takes your chances"
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Literally none of this is true.
    Febrith, Dude and Breanna like this.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The EQ2-is-dying-soon argument is old enough to drive, now. The EQ-is-dying-soon argument is nearly old enough to drink. Food for thought.
    Pixistik, Breanna and Dude like this.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This concern is why only a very limited number of lifetimes are available.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This really began with us wanting to offer something meaningful to our console players on other games, where lifetimes are not possible. 12 months but with tons of bonuses. So you can blame us over at DCUO for that one.

We brought it back over to PC for parity and because we think it is an alternative but still valuable offer for people who might not want to go for the lifetime. We considered a lifetime + bonuses option, but moved away from it as just adding confusion.

The best we have is you can purchase both memberships. The membership time you get in the 12 months + bonus option is immediately converted to Daybreak Cash, you get the bonus items in all games, and you never have to pay a subscription again. Yes, that's a lot to spend all at once, but with that much DBC and permanent membership, you're set up to play for a long time.

NOTE: You do not have to submit a ticket for the DBC conversion.
    Dude, Breanna and Jinksie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.