A new mystery appears in Nektropos Castle...

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, May 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Thax Guest

See Cusa's and my posts earlier on this :smileytongue:
  2. ARCHIVED-Jackula Guest

I just wanted to add my thanks, both for the quest and the efforts put into those first few who figured everything out the hard way. When you're the pioneer, there are no hints to help you through a "I'm stumped" spot. I had heard about this quest through a guildmate, wrote down the quest name and over time lost the note in my pile of miscellaneous notes and with it, any memory of this quest. Surfing through the forums today I saw this thread and I remembered this was yet another of those quests I really should do. It was well worth completing.

I enjoyed the history and it indeed tied some different speculations together. For one, it is nice to call the series of single portraits and the larger family picture in my home The Everling Portraits. It was something I had wondered about, it seemed it could fit, but those pictures could just as easily have been pictures of the Ironforge family. Instead I now have some artwork in my home that is an affirmed piece of history. Gameshattering? No, but it does add to flavor and I think dashes of flavor like this are great. I like how the new quest fit into previously written dialogue hints from Alexa as well. This quest was very well tailored to something already existing. The more the game world is expanded the more connection I discover about the evil forces that live in it. I really appreciate that. It makes me feel I am actually fighting against something big, rather than simply killing "evil" mobs because they're just another form of xp, no different from any other creature in the lands of EQ2.
    Message Edited by countjackula on 07-31-2006 05:36 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Gobbwin Guest

I'm suprised that more hasn't been investigated on this clue. Perhaps it is a latent clue that will tie in with the idol when it 'activates'. Now in my lack of sufficient caffene state, I read this as saying that the scare crows in RV will play a part more so than the moppets in RV. Those moppets were created by halflings (or the goblin/boar guy, can't remember which at the moment), but Sir Tatters was created by another and was told to guard the flower patch he currently resides in. Now the other scare crows wander in the field area and have had very little purpose in the game so far, perhaps they are guarding something other than rotting fields (or will be upon implimentation of the quest). Note: there are other batches of scarecrows who may end up being related too (Antonica, in the middle of the map, and TS, near the antonica entrance).
    Now for an even bigger streach...who was Sir Tatters' creator? In EQLive, all Scarecrows were beings of the God of Fear (Cazic Thule), hell come to think of it, the EQ2 scare crows all speak the Thulian language (see Lizardmen in the Temple of Cazic Thule). If Sir Tatters was created by Cazic Thule prior to his departure, then perhaps that explains why the idol graphic was used. As mentioned by others, the idol is the same graphic as the ones gathered in the Temple of Cazic Thule for the gnome on the Zek docks. Perhaps the next lore quest will explain the RV and OOLS connection a bit more, as RV is the most affected zone by the extra dimensional creatures. IIRC very little lore has been found so far to explain who they are, how they arrived on Norrath, or what they are doing here. Several translations of the rewarded idol seem to indicate that OOLS is next as well.
    As a random other thought, Moorguard and Blackguard have both stated that events would be slipped into the game leading up to the next expansion this fall. And what is comming with this expansion??? The return of some of the gods and will you look at who happens to be one of them...Cazic Thule himself!

Edit: I thought of this question as I hit Submit Post. Was the Billie sized ^^^ group X2 moppet deep in the Tower of Drafling actually used for a known quest? I have seen him every time I was in there, but he was always many levels below the rest of the mobs in the zone. And doesn't appear to do much of anything.

Message Edited by Gobbwin on 08-03-2006 05:07 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Oh I assure you he has been investigated. Vhalen's post was not related to this topic. He was talking about something else entirely.
  5. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Idol inscription -

Mor'Tael of Vul Merchant of Oblivion, Servant of Theer
  6. ARCHIVED-Meniphisto Guest

Was excited to find that myself. Of course, examining the idol gives no other help, nor does Mor'Tael in Maj'Dul. Perhaps something new shows up once you've finished Nek 3? Has anyone been able to do that yet?
  7. ARCHIVED-Kyrsten Guest

Any of you guys pick the idol up, and examine it from your inventory yet?

"Within thickets of fiend and flesh, through a tunnel beyond death... I call to you."
  8. ARCHIVED-Meniphisto Guest

Wow, can't believe I didn't do that as I picked it up to visit Mor'Tael. Very nice.

Going to have to bring it with me when I do Nek 3 later today. Can't wait to see where this leads...
  9. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I had a strong feeling the idol was going to be related to the new Nektropos Castle zone.

I wish the Antiquitor said something about the idol now though.
  10. ARCHIVED-ganng Guest

So far I have seen little more than fill in the blanks from the original
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Go complete the quests inside the new zone and see for yourself.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

I just completed the quest for the idol a few days ago (I love all the history in that castle!) I was so excited when I saw the new Nek Castle zone! Then I saw that it's lvl 70... ::sob::

18 months and lvl 47... I need to level faster.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lordsguard Guest

Around the Gate of Fear in Feerrott, as per the new update, there are a few scarecrows. So think the scarecrows are more in league with Cahzic.

[IMG][IMG]
  14. ARCHIVED-Shailen Guest

Apparently if you didn't do the quest for the idol earlier, you now get an identical one. I did the quest and when i compared it to the one a buddy got last night upon entering they seem to be the same.

Both give that same text when inspected from inventory.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dystopya Guest

Hail AKM (antiquator)

"Do I know you? Yes... the rune... the rune is key..."

"The rune of sunder?"

"You! I know you! The mystery begins with sunder..."

"What is the mystery behind the rune? Where to I begin my quest?"

"Time is short... the rune is but one...I am divided."

"No! Do not go!"

"Seek the seeker and your direction will be revealed."

"Ill look for the seeker in majdul. Goodbye."

Went to seeker abdeef at the zone in after this conversation and he said nothing but his usual good day schpeel to me. Any other seekrs in maj dul you guys can reccomend trying?
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Those two lines are part of his normal dialogue for the Peacock line.
  17. ARCHIVED-Dystopya Guest

Was the bit about the rune of sunder in that speech as well? And how he's divided and waht not? I dont recall
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

This is part of the Everling Idol. If you never get involved with this quest or the new Nektulos zone, you will never see it.
    Peacock Line.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dystopya Guest

I dont know if this is new or not, but the rune of ethernere is popping up alot. Might have always been there and we just didnt notice, but since weve been actively looking for it, weve found it in the following places:

Obelisk of Lost souls all over the walls, glowing purple rune (this might have always been here, since floor twos overhead map is the rune iteself, never had complex shader up in the zone until today)
    In a couple rooms in Varsoon, the ones that kinda look like a storage space for golems, the rune is on the 'stall' walls taht the golems are in.
    In the chamber of immortality, the floor underneath varsoon the undying... Unforuntaely varsoon has no info about anything important yet
  20. ARCHIVED-badgerchow Guest

found a better thread. sorry for not looking harder.
    Message Edited by badgerchow on 08-13-2006 10:41 AM