A new mystery appears in Nektropos Castle...

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, May 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Lonissa Guest

I don't think the quest is going anywhere, although the clues may be a bit outdated now that Nek has been revamped... Camp Leeot no longer has any halflings for example.
  2. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yeah the new revamped Nektulos forest made almost every owlbear extinct, so the SBH HQ is no longer doable either.
  3. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

Camp Leeot... no longer any... [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]?!

Hehe that was such an awesome little corner of Nektropos.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kelticdragon Guest

not true they just moved them. I got all 60 of them in under an hour.
  5. ARCHIVED-KindredHeart Guest

"Someday... it just may call to you." - The Great & Wonderful Vhalen :)
    I have a theory about the future of the reward....remember the quest "A Calling in the Forest"? There you were minding your own business just crossing the bridge...and poof you heard the mysterious voice calling out to you. Cursed objects behave in strange ways, I wouldn't be surprised if one day I entered my home and suddenly heard another distant voice.
  6. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

I decided to come start reading up on some lore and came across this quest. I had a lot of fun doing it and am looking forward to many more like this.
  7. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

ok maybe im dense but i dont get it how do i get this quest!!??
  8. ARCHIVED-Lonissa Guest

9. ARCHIVED-Themaginator Guest

hey well sry i read it and didnt find anything the first time i ran through it theres miles of text. thanks for the link though atleast almighty dragon riddler who is so much wiser than me in all ways im humbled!...anyways yeah this seems like a cool quest
    Message Edited by Themaginator on 07-14-2006 08:43 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Bamfa_dexter Guest

Sheila's I cant find. I am in the Citadel, and the ghost pops crying about his lost love, but cant find the doll.
    Edit found.

Message Edited by Bamfa_dexter on 07-15-2006 09:52 PM
    Message Edited by Bamfa_dexter on 07-16-2006 05:14 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Thax Guest

Just curious....

When did the idol get a particle effect? I didn't notice it until a couple of days ago.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the thread about it.
    Message Edited by Thax on 07-15-2006 02:22 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

On at the top of one of the 4 ramparts there.
  13. ARCHIVED-Canlocu Guest

Thx for the walkthru Cusashorn! Really enjoyed returning to Nek Castle and getting some more Lore on the family, to that I tip my hat to you Vhalen. Was fun.
    Message Edited by Canlocu on 07-16-2006 04:44 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Nainitsuj Guest

I don't think it's Mor'tael of Vul, Merchant of Oblivion. And Obelisk doesn't fit either. Unless someone has a very poor grasp on the english language. It would read as "Mor'Tael ofVul Merchetof Oblivion" Or "Mor'Tael ofVul Merchetof Obelisikn" Or "Mor'T el ofVul Merchetof Oblivion" Or "Mor'T el ofVul Merchetof Obelisikn" Now, using a crossword word finder.. No such word exists for Ob?li?i?n. Only one world came up for Obli?i?n (Oblivion). No words came up for Me?ch?t. No words came up for Me?ch.
    Using a word processor, Tae doesn't fit. The gap seen in the word isn't big enough. It could be "Te". Using the most popular choices of font, "T" followed by "e" leaves a similar space as seen in the description. Tae it's not. (Unless the choice of font was very poor.)
    "Obl" looks exactly as it does in the description. I doubt there's a space between the B and the L. Not unless someone was playing with the word space options.
    Anyways, we're left with the possibilities of Mor'Tael o?Vul Me?ch?t?f Oblivion / Mor'Tel?o Vul Me?ch?t?f Oblivion / Mor'T el?o Vul Me?ch?t?f Oblivion / Mor'Tael o?Vul Me?ch?t ?f Oblivion / Mor'Tael o?Vul Me?ch t?f Oblivion, etc. One thing we can be clear on, it's not Merchant. Two letters can't be crammed in to a single space.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Yes it can. The idol's message is faded away and barely readable. Just because there isn't two "spaces" anywhere in the message doesn't mean that only one letter is faded away.
  16. ARCHIVED-Thax Guest

If you read earlier in this post, it is very possible that 1 space in the item description does not necessarily mean 1 space in what is supposed to be there. For one thing, it's engraved, not typed, letters may not all take up the same amount of space. Secondly, there might be some display coding requirement that we don't know about that doesn't allow consecutive spaces in a text string. Notice there is only ever 1 space between sentences rather than two. I believe it's supposed to give more of a feeling of, "Gee, this thing is really worn down, but here are some letters I can make out and the order they appear in, but there are indiscernable characters throughout."
  17. ARCHIVED-Phylok Guest

You know while I was doing this quest, I looked at the walls in the basement. I think everling is in league with the shadowmen. The gliphs that are in the obelist of lost souls is all over the walls in the basement.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well yes, it was revealed as part of the quest itself that Everling and one of his daughters took a huge interest in all things of the Occult.
  19. ARCHIVED-Phylok Guest

heh I see that now, but as I was doing the quest I found it odd at the time. then again i've also been taking a look at the pictographs on the walls of the obelisk, there is some messed up things on those walls.
  20. ARCHIVED-Nainitsuj Guest

I just got the idol for myself. There's spaces all over in that description. The font choice was poor (original game fonts). With the font I use, there's 2 spaces between the words. "Of" does fit. "Merchant does fit". "Oblivion" does not. Which makes me think it's "Obelisk". There's 2 spaces for the last space, not 1.