A new mystery appears in Nektropos Castle...

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, May 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Do the line of quests that Sir Tatters gives you in Enchanted Lands.
  2. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

Sir Tatters has the knowledge you seek. He knows all about those pesky little Enchanted Lands moppets. Sir Tatters actually has a lot more usefull knowledge stuffed into his head. Unfortunately, he does not even know it's all up there. His master and creator gave him this dormant knowledge, to be released when the time is right. Dor now, Sir Tatters just keeps defending his little floral village as instructed by his creator before he went away.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kindayr Guest

Vhalen made a.....can I say it? a Typo..?

:eek:
  4. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

Hmm doll's enchanted lands..... Fiddy? (bobick not cent)
    Message Edited by Jalek on 05-23-2006 10:01 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Nope. Fiddy has no relation to these quests.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

No but i wasnt referring to the nektulos quest but vhalens comment about tatters.
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I know. Thats what I said. Fiddy is not related to this in any way.
  8. ARCHIVED-Jalek Guest

So who is then?
  9. ARCHIVED-Lyriel Guest

There are other crafted, doll-like (though larger) beings... Sticks and clay, imbued with purpose. Perhaps they have somewhat to do with this? Sir Tatters isn't the only one of them to have a name; I can think of one whose history also goes back to before the Shattering.
    I have made the mistake of not really giving these forums the attention I should have! I love the lore of Norrath, and will have to spend several happy hours catching myself up! Yum!

Lyriel
  10. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

Neat quest. I love doing quests that have anything to do with Nektropos Castle and/or the Obelisk of Lost Souls since they are my favorite zones in the game and so I'm glad I stumbled accross this one. I've always found the Moppets interesting as well so I did all of Sir Tatters' quests, at the end of which you ask him about the one he calls the "Creator" and although he does not give you any more quests he says to look in the tower that was built by his minions (which I thought he said were Halflings since he called them Fur Feets) to be his lair to find out more information about him. I thought he meant the Drafling Tower so I went back in there but I didn't find anything else of revelance. He described this Creator as a draconic figure the same height as a Halfling which I thought was strange. He must have meant the Tower of Vul, though, which harbers the main portal to OLS, because if you do the access quest in OLS to get into the lower level you will learn about another (possibly the same?) figured called the "Creator", but he turns out to be a shadowed man. There is also a quest called the Soul of Tarinax that you can get from an orc in the Feerrott near the wizard spire that leads you into OLS and it involves a strange container that looks exactly like the one that was in Nek Castle, apparently which are used to harber captured souls. I am about to turn in this quest and there's another one that is unlocked afterwards so I'm going to try doing them all and see where they lead.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Actually he was talking about the Drafling, who has never appeared in the game.
  12. ARCHIVED-BonadmerII Guest

Fantastic quest had a great time going back to Nek castle and Nek Forest. I even discovered parts of Nek Forest I had not been to yet. Looking forward to the sequel :)
  13. ARCHIVED-KidMangaX Guest

Ok I am so surprised no one has caught on yet.

"The resident Brushwuttle" is being referred to here as a noun, not a proper noun because of the word "THE" there. Otherwise, he would just be called "Resident Brushwuttle", not "The Resident Brushwuttle"

Often times, this same use of the word "The" was used when referring to indentured servants, vassals ("The resident fieldworker", "The resident baker", etc...) and so on.

"The resident Brushwuttle" is probobly a servant of some kind (possibly a vassal, considering his "Lord" is "Lord Everling") who paints portraits for Everling in exchange for a room. Also, this "The Resident Brushwuttle" is probobly not DIRECTLY related to the Brushwuttles, but rather a distant distant family member, otherwise he would probobly have greater skill and would not need his vassalage because he would have inherited great wealth even if he did suck as an artist.

Final conclusion: "The Resident Brushwuttle" is most likley a vassal to Lord Everling, who paints pictures in exchange for protection or a home. He is most likley a distant relative of the original C.M.Brushwuttle, but close enough in relation that he still bares the same surname and has inherited enough skill to get by.

:smileyvery-happy: have fun with it lore junkies :smileyvery-happy:
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

FYI: There are at least two families of gnomish painters.

The BrushWHUTTLES mentioned here in this quest.

And the BrushWHITTLES that have painted mainy of the most famous paintings in Norrath, who's shop can be found in Freeport.

Note the difference with the U, and the I.

This is hardly anything of big importance, but I felt you shouldn't be confusing the two. Either way, it has no impact on this quest.
  15. ARCHIVED-Vhalen Guest

If you paid for a "Brushwhittle" original, you got ripped off. There is only one legendary artist in Norrath. His name is C.M. Brushwuttle. Owning a "Brushwhittle" would be the same as owning a "Pickasoe".
  16. ARCHIVED-Ishbu Guest

EDIT - nm, im slow, long day at work :)
    Message Edited by Ishboozor on 05-31-2006 03:04 PM
  17. ARCHIVED-Lord Montague Guest

*thinks of the painting forgeries he saw in the Gigglegibber Hideout* Now it all comes together...yes.... :smileysurprised:
  18. ARCHIVED-Bucksnort Guest

I haven't been able to get any of the sister's objects to highlight since LU24. I can still examine the painting of the sisters but when I go to their rooms none of the objects highlight. Any one else seeing this?
  19. ARCHIVED-spacebear Guest

I finally got around to finishing this off a few nights ago. This was a great quest, including one of my favourite zones in the game (it's really a tie between Nektropos and the Obelisk). There was enough head scratching to keep things interesting, but not so much that I got overly frustrated. These Lore quests are a fantastic idea, thank you Vhalen (and Cusa for the great lead-in). I will most definitely be looking forward to more of these in the future!
    Message Edited by spacebear on 06-15-2006 09:48 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-Salmastryon Guest

Is this lore quest stillin game? someone told me it wasn't. :( I've been helping some guildies do stuff before the adv pack and was finally going to have free time this week to work on it...