A new mystery appears in Nektropos Castle...

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, May 4, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Mathias25 Guest

I visited Rikantus in Antonica, between Blackburrow and the Thundering Steppes Griffin. He had a new message to say as well:

Rikantus says to you, "The rune's family awaits."

You say to Rikantus, "What family?"

Rikantus says to you, "It is a single key of a great ring."

You say to Rikantus, "What do you mean?"

Rikantus says to you, "My thoughts... they fade and focus. Do not abandon the mystery. Do... not... abandon..."

You say to Rikantus, "Stay with me Rikantus!"

Then after that he goes into his usual dialogue, handing out his usual quests.

Message Edited by Mathias25 on 08-13-2006 01:59 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Lordsguard Guest

Okay so after Nek 3, as it has been dubbed, and you get "his" book, everything from the text in the book points towards Varsson and his "half" of the puzzle. Curious as to where and when we start down this line till completion.
  3. ARCHIVED-Greavous Guest

K so we know that Everling studied under Vasoon to gain knowlage about access to Ethermere so he could save his daughters. Seems Varsoon mislead Everling and gained access with information gathered from the Rune in Varsoons possession. (The Antiquitor comfirms it as being the key).
    It appears that the Obelisk was/is a dimensional door that brings souls/spirits/entities? Through and infuses then into vessels both human and non (poss dolls. If you read the scroll cases down there they talk about not speaking as to not draw attention to them selves). Seems Everling was trying to accomplish this for his daughters as he had made new bodies for them. Everling did enter.

Now we need to seek the seeker but he's not talking.We know there are 2 runes, possibly 1 and 2 halves (rune of sunder. Sunder meaning ripped in 2). We know that the rune is a key to a ring of families which sounds like more than 2. Everling must be one and it seems he has undergone some sort of multipllicity or division. I believe the Antiquator is ether channeling Everling or is Everling (ill leave you to find out why I think that for your self) So maybe we need to find a way to restore his body with his spirit and get him to shout the password. We are told to look for him in the court yard.
  4. ARCHIVED-K@z Guest

Conversation without Quest from Nek1:
    You say, "Hail, The Cauldron of Al'Kabor"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says, "When the ghosts are away, the castle does play."
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says, "You don't look like an Everling. "
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says, "Don't even think of touching my ladle! I'll scream. I swear it, I'll scream."

Conversation in Nek1:
    This cauldron is finely crafted and has been shaped to appear as some evil face. There is a viscous liquid filling the cauldron. A ladle rests within. A couple cauldron ladles can be seen in the basin. It has a magical aura about it.
    What do think you're up to? Do I appear as some gnomish trash compactor? First you stand there gawking at me, not saying a word, and then you off and toss rubbish in me! How dare you!
    You should be! It's not like I stand around your house ogling like a rathed evil eye. Let alone opening your maw and tossing in a few scraps.
    I am sure it's not often you have the privilege of meeting a cauldron that could carry on a conversation, although I can picture you speaking to pots and pans quite well.
    Never ever call me the Cauldron of Al'Kabor! I have a name you know. Orin. Plain and simple Orin. How about I call you the skin heap of silent gods?
    I think skin heap of the silent gods has a ring to it. Oh well. Now that we have been properly introduced I do believe I can allow you to assist me.
    You see skin heap, I was taken from Al'Kabor's sea tower ages ago. The orcs then got a hold of me and placed me in one of their massive citadels. The stench was unbearable!
    Pay attention skin heap of the silent gods. I detested the orcs. All I cared about was being left in peace and quiet. I have found that peace in quiet here in Nektropos. Everything is fine except for those dolls!
    Like you, they tend to toss rubbish into me! Do me a favor skin heap. Head out and slay some of these Dolls of Nyth.
    Return to me and toss in the husks and I will gladly spit out a reward for you.
    Skin heap do you always do things for a great reward. Isn't the satisfaction of assisting those in need enough?
    Great. I will be here waiting for you. My legs are not what they used to be.
    I hope that's all your throwing in there, skin heap. I appreciate the assist. I will put in a good word for you should I ever return to Al'Kabor's Sea Tower.

A Cauldron's Calling
    I found the Cauldron of Al'Kabor and had a conversation with the magical cauldron. It rewarded me for assisting it.
    I found a cauldron in a secret chamber in Nektropos Castle. Inspected the cauldron.
    I hunted down the dolls of Nyth that scurry about Nektropos Castle. Slew some dolls of nyth.
    I returned to speak to the Cauldron of Al'Kabor, or as he prefers, Orin. Spoke to the cauldron.

Sorry skin heap. I am too tired to chat. I am also sure your friends there are tired of seeing you talk to a cauldron, albeit, a cauldron supreme!

Conversation with Quest from Nek1:
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Hold it right there! You're no Everling I remember, and I've seen them all."
    -You say, "Hail, The Cauldron of Al'Kabor"
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"I'm not an Everling. Don't you remember me? I'm Kazgoroth. Remember?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Kazgoroth Everling? Nope. Never heard of you."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"No! I am the one who took care of those little dolls of Nyth for you."
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Oh! Yes, yes, yes... skin heap! So very good to see you again. How have you been? Did you off and wed! I would hope so, you look like the lines of time are scrawling all over you face."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"What is going on here, Olin?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Olin? Olin! You can't even recall my name? What? How many talking cauldrons do you know? My name is, O... R... I... N, Orin!"
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"So very sorry. So, what is going on here Orin?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"That's right, the name is Orin. I see your memory is coming back now, skin heap."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"My name is Kazgoroth."
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Right, right. Whatever you say, skin heap."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Where are all the ghosts and golems and what are all these other creatures in here?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"I am not sure where the ghoulies went. I imagine these new guests of the castle have scared even the haunts away. It is a bit weird. That makes two odd occurrences lately."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"What do you mean? What else happened that was odd?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"The former master of the castle returned. He has not been here for a very, very long time. He visited this chamber and stepped away. I don't know where he is now."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Who is the former master and where was he?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Lord Rikantus Everling is the last master. He vanished from this place a very long time ago. "
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Who is the master now?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"The castle is its own master now. You would know this if you read up on it. Oh, there are those that the castle tricks into visiting these dank halls... fills their head with delusions, I hear. "
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"How does a castle do that?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"This castle is very special. I believe there may be a book about such things somewhere in the cellar. This castle is just one of the many curses in the House of Everling. Rikantus knows this. "

-System/Info message
    -There is a Book About Nektropos Castle-I heard about a book that tells of the origin of Nektropos Castle.

The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"How rude he was! He barged in here and did not even say hello. After all those fabulous servings of egg nog I provided for him on every Frostfell Eve. Simply rude!"
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Okay, but what did he do in here?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Not much. He waltzed in here looking to shatter that horrid little statue that used to sit next to me. He was mumbling something about, "You can't hold me back this time. I'll shatter that acursed idol!""
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Was there anything odd about him?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Besides talking to himself? Well, he did look a lot younger, younger than I had ever seen him. After standing there shouting for a while he simply began to vanish. Before being completely sent to oblivion, he said "Oblivion has divided me, but it cannot keep me forever." Totally rathed, I say!"
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Orin, what is that heap of iron over there?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"They called it Tinmizer's Ominous Army, but it was not crafted solely by the legendary gnome tinkerer. "
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Where did it come from?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"The former master had Tinmizer craft the iron hulk from blueprints he had taken from a place he only referred to as, "The Obelisk." The plans looked like no other I had seen before, and I had seen outlandish things while living with the great Al'Kabor. "
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Where are the blueprints?"
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Some of those weird new guests of the castle came in here and snatched them, not too long ago I might add. They had a long battle with the army there, but they won, obviously."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Thank you for all the help Orin. I will see you again."
    The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says to you,"Oh yes! You say you will visit, but do you ever? No! Very well, farewell again skin heap."
    -You say to The Cauldron of Al'Kabor,"Farewell."
    So Orin, We Meet AgainI talked to Orin, the cauldron of Al'Kabor.

The Cauldron of Al'Kabor\/a says, "You're still here?"
  5. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

6. ARCHIVED-K@z Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

I got all that text a few days ago, and was hoping it would lead somewhere exciting...all it did was allow me to pick up the book in the basement, which was disappointingly short, although somewhat informative (and a server disco). :smileysad:

Still nothing interesting after that; visited all the usual suspects.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bigoo Guest

Melanie Everling says to you,"My sister threw my dolls all around the room and mommy told me to clean my room or I'd be in trouble."
    You say to Melanie Everling,"I'll help you clean."
    Melanie Everling says to you,"Thanks, but be careful my sister put her fake dolls in with mine and they'll attack you when you try to pick them up. Just put my dolls back on the bed before my mom gets here and I'll let you take something from my toy chest."
    You say to Melanie Everling,"Don't worry I'll take care of it."

Extended Chat log after you have done the doll event

Cleaning Melanie's Room
    I helped Melanie clean up her room before her mother returned.
    I helped Melanie pick up her dolls before her mother returns.
    I helped Melanie clean up her room.

I wonder who is Melanie's mother ?..

Rikantus Everling's responses
    (after he gave you the book "Beyond the rune")

You say, "Hail, Rikantus Everling"
    Rikantus Everling says, "My beloved Theeral... you were but a vagabond, but you offered me more than any coin could."
    Rikantus Everling says, "How could I have not saved my beloved daughters? Their souls have been tormented by those fiends."
    Rikantus Everling says, "Curse this castle and curse the dark elves for offering it to me!"
    Rikantus Everling says, "My beloved families have all perished from the curses I introduced to them. I deserve my fate."
    Rikantus Everling says, "The world can perish, mine already has."
    I wonder who offers him this castle ?..(dark elves?)
  9. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

Melanie's mother is Theeral. Everling was wed twice -- first to Alana, who gave him two sons, and second to Theeral, who gave him his bevy of daughters. Alana and the sons died during the castle's construction (madness from the family curse), while the daughters were slain by their appointed-then-dismissed guardians. Theeral's fate is...less clear, at least to me. I can find no direct evidence of her demise, and Theeral the nomad certainly makes one suspicious, and it's been a long time since I've heard the Calling in the Forest. But what brought her to such ends?

As far as the construction of the castle, more is revealed in the three books in the castle. The man in charge: Pazin Punox.
    Message Edited by Fizwick on 08-18-2006 11:59 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Bigoo Guest

-System/Info message
    -There is a Book About Nektropos Castle-I heard about a book that tells of the origin of Nektropos Castle.
    Have you find out that book ?...
  11. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

I love all you guys who are posting the lore of this zone for those of us not quite high enough for it. The information is very much appreciated.
  12. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

Yep! Check out the basement study -- the one where the door closed behind you. You should be able to pick up the book on the floor there after talking to the Cauldron.
  13. ARCHIVED-Bigoo Guest

It happend so quickly ...guess you get another serverwide disco :)
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Theeral the Nomad *IS* Theeral. She doesn't say anything new about the curse or the void or the castle or the rune or anything else if you hail her again after you completed Tribulation.

Pazin Punox was a Guildmaster of the Dark Elf rogue guild in Neriak, the Hall of the Ebon Mask.
  15. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

I call coincidence! Her name is Theeral the Nomad, not Theeral!

No wait...ok, so yes, she is Theeral. But why is she in the forest, sending you to the castle? If she is sending you to be victims, why is she working with the ghosts of Alana's sons? And how did she survive the tragedy that befell her daughters?

As for Pazin...dark elf rogue guildmaster, Shiela's love...I just find it curious that he also was the architect of Nektropos. Not really much mystery, just fascinating.
    Message Edited by Fizwick on 08-18-2006 09:09 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The daughters each had a personal guardian who had thier genitals chopped off as part of the job, and slaughtered them with that being one of the reasons that drove them insane.

Theeral didn't have a guardian because she didn't need one.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fizwick Guest

Yes, I realize she didn't have a guardian. I suppose my query was not, how did she literally survive, but more along the lines of: how was she affected by the murder of her daughters, and what happened to her personally as a result?
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well, obviously she became a nomad.
  19. ARCHIVED-RaphaNissi Guest

Did she follow her husband on the path he has taken? Is she in the same state of being as Rikantus? I have been wondering about some of the same things you have, Fizwick. She is human yet still around after all these years. She helps her husband lead you into the castle. She has a story, but what is it?
  20. ARCHIVED-Bigoo Guest

Another finding in Xuxlaio's Roost
    The two blue ball behind Xuxlaio reads
    1.Theer from Beyond / Chronicles of the maiden apostles.
    2.Flock / Origin of our savior sky
    Theer in Xuxlaio's Roost / servant of Theer in Maj'Dul / Theer in PoA..
    I guess all three Theer mentioned is the same one ...probably a goodness from the beyond..
    Theer's lore may play an important role to understand the mystery in NC..
    I haven't found any info about Theer in DoF expansion yet ..maybe peacock quest line gives some more info about her
    Message Edited by Bigoo on 08-19-2006 02:38 PM