[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamier Augur

Again you result to juvenile posts because you can't just debate a topic. Several people have stated (boxers included) that you can box on that post, it is hard for them to detect it. It is not impossible to box there.
  2. Keldaria Elder

Again, I did not misquote you, you clearly were intending more than 18 people as evidenced by your reply to my post which I again will quote here.

So just to be clear, I always use the quote feature to directly quote anyone I'm responding to in their entirety because its absolutely impossible for their words to be misquoted since it was taken directly from their post. Additionally If you had intended to imply 18 people then your use of "Tons and Tons of People" in your followup response was at best ill advised and only reinforced the concept that you were speaking to the term of a significant portion of the population.

So once again, if you had simply replied the first time and said "of course I know that its not the main reason people leave but rather a main reason why some people leave" then the conversation could have stopped there. However instead you doubled down on your assertion and now continue to claim I'm misquoting you when your words are posted in full right with each of my replies. At this point I'm done with this line of conversation because you clearly understand my initial point and the only thing your trying to do now is back pedal in an attempt to make yourself not look out of touch with reality because you've probably realized that your replies to me only make you look like a troll (and perhaps you are.. bravo to you then) and defeat whatever goals you're seeking to accomplish.
  3. Kunon Augur

Are there any servers in which boxing is not allowed?
    Are there any servers in which grouping with boxers is not allowed?
    Are there any servers in which individual players are not allowed?
    Are there any servers in which grouping with individual players is not allowed?
    Are there any servers in which soloing is not allowed?

The answer to all of the above is no. They are open to all play styles and allow everyone to play how they want. No one is forced to do anything. YOU already have what you want on every server. YOU can play as you wish (an individual toon) on every single one of those servers.

The only server that would interfere and affect how other people play and enjoy the game would be what you suggest. Only that server would be prejudiced against one part of the player community over another.

Side Note: That would be like asking for a forums without you. While it would be nice, that wouldn't make it all inclusive so it isn't going to happen. We can hope though right?

Edit: As for not responded to all your posts, some of us actually enjoy playing the game instead of worrying about what other people are doing. Weee Just dinged 16!
    Warpeace likes this.
  4. Tamier Augur

You didn't quote that second post until just now. Thats a previous discussion on a different day, and was not about the current topic. We were discussing the 2005 drop in subs, and what caused it. Today, I was speaking about SOME people have quit this game because of boxing. I specifically used a different wording because of that previous discussion. You can't keep going back to other days and other arguements to try and argue someone is wrong on a new statement, that does not concur with the previous statement. You quoted a specific post (from today), then claimed i said things in that post i did not in that post. I'm not going to debate with people who try and play shady like that. Grow up.
  5. deeznuts New Member

So what you are saying is you changed your mind then and that hundreds of thousands of people didn't leave but only some tiny tiny teeny portion of the population?
  6. Keldaria Elder

Click the link, that second post was literally your first reply to me about an hour and a half ago. Nice try tho.. seriously scroll back through our conversation and get your facts straight

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...tware]-and-boxing.221973/page-49#post-3247862
  7. Nuanil Elder

No I'm stating the fact that you are completely incompetent at reading comprehension. The paradise you desire already exists in the form of P99, where you can play blissfully knowing that anyone you suspect of boxing can be reported and most likely immediately banned. It's not a juvenile attack when it's the obvious truth based on your displayed understanding of statements made. There can be no intelligent debate when in your mind 1+1=/=2.
  8. Tamier Augur

No we don't have what we want, yes it affects us, no we can't play the way we want. Those are all false statements in your post. You have no idea obviously, what people want. There have been hundreds of posts of people claiming they can not play the way they want, and that they want a way to do so. Just because you don't like it, doesn't invalidate what they want. Anyone could make a valid arguement that boxers have affected ragefire. Anyone. Moot point there friend. If you are happy and enjoying your game on the server you're on, then you have no cause to even argue or debate the point and are only doing so to intentionally try and offend someone.
  9. Tamier Augur

The point is, you can't make a post and base it on merit. You've provided no merit in my opinion. Go play an game is not a valid response most people are willing to accept on any game. There's blissful paradise for ya. All you do is talk crap because you don't agree. Who cares that you don't agree, then don't play on the non-box server if they ever make one.
  10. Tamier Augur

11. Tamier Augur

Before I was discusing over the life of the game. And it is my opinion that tens if not hundreds of thousands of people have left the game, in part, due to boxing and the issues that arise from it.

This discussion was on Ragefire itself, and SOME people, at least 18 that I know of, have unsubbed already because they (DBG) approved of the use of the 3rd party program. Two different topics.
  12. Machen New Member

Don't confuse yourself and two or three other people posting hundreds of times each for a groundswell of popular support.
    Silv likes this.
  13. Tamier Augur

no-one claimed it was grounswell of a popular support, but you definately need to start reading the forum if you claim only 3 people would support this, because you are way off in your lack of information. Common sense would dictate there are at least 18, just over those who have unsubbed because of it that we know of... Then there are a considerable amount of posts on quite a few different parts of this forum that are from other people, that would add to all of that.
  14. Nuanil Elder

You're the one spouting illogical fallacies out of left field and I'm the one that is not providing merit? There will never be a no boxing server, aside from P99. If you want a no boxing server, go play P99, and stop trying to dictate how others play the game. No one is telling you that you suck if you can't 6 box, no one is saying that you should be banned for only running one account, or assuming that you might just be running a bot to automate your play because their aren't 6 of you, or rather that you CAN'T possibly be botting because there's only 1 of you.

Your argument has spun into lunacy, rabid frothing at the mouth madness. Your argument is based on hate and nothing more. Boxing has been here for 16 years and 21 expansions (22 if you count release), it has been what's kept the game afloat, and I think it would be a conservative guess that 1/3 of all active paid accounts belong to people that multibox, and probably half of the free accounts.
    Adrienna and Warpeace like this.
  15. Master Kahleem Augur

Everyone should ignore Tamier. The guy has sat on these forums for 3 days straight repeating the same garbage and spreading false information regarding what [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] can do, and how it violates parts of the TOS he won't even quote (because he hasn't read the thing).

Simple fact is that the OP was banned for OTHER reasons other than [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], and is now trying to cover that fact up and get unbanned by claiming [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is all he used.

There are TONS of obvious [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] users on RageFire that remain untouched by GMs.

This guy isn't telling us everything and is shafting [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is the process to avoid his own blame for using a bot program.
    Adrienna likes this.
  16. MobileVortex Journeyman

I think something that is not being realized here is that there is a substantial number of people in the world (not just people who are paying for EQ right now) who would absolutely love to pay for a server like p99, that is maintained professionally by DBG. This has been discussed many, many times on the p99 forums - the entire purpose of the project is to provide something that SoE previously had not, and that DBG currently does not. The implication being that IF DBG put out something even close to p99 they would easily have at least a thousand people on that server as a bare minimum. I would easily expect in excess of twice that number. The question is not if the PLAYER BASE exists for such a server, it does. The question is whether DBG wants to provide a server for those players or not.
  17. Nuanil Elder

OP wasn't banned for [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], he was banned for MQtwo usage and some form of bot.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Why not? What is actually stopping you? NVM you will blame boxers and 3rd party software.

So you do know what everyone wants or did you consult the magic 8 ball? And the people that voted for the current server rules that didn't listen to others that voiced the problems we are seeing with current play were right on...they got what they wanted.

Actually that's false there is nothing stopping them from playing the way they want, they choose not to play and blame boxers or 3rd party software or the fact their tinfoil hat is the wrong size. Well there are a lot and I do mean a lot of your posts, remove those and it shrinks a lot in volume.

You are obviously not happy on the new server, maybe a ban Mages and Monks campaign might work better?
  19. Keldaria Elder

Aye, the guy is trolling. Kind of ashamed of myself I didn't catch on earlier.
  20. MobileVortex Journeyman

To anyone who says that [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] doesn't provide an advantage is being extremely short sided - if it didn't provide an advantage it wouldn't be used.
    Tamier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.