[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warpeace Augur

Yes it does it just doesn't do what a lot of you think it does.
  2. deeznuts New Member

no no no no no. Same topic. Same discussion, 'boxing' and [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software].
  3. Tamier Augur

There will never be a queuing system on Ragefire or EQ.
    There will never be instancing in anything but 1-15 zones.

My arguement is not lunacy or from left field. There are a considerable amount of people who wish to see something like this. DBG's has shown they will listen to the player base. It is not pointless, it is not going away. It shows DBG's how much interest there is in the said topic. We get that you don't like it, and just like you know we hate boxing and think its toxic for the community, but you don't care, we don't care that you don't like our opinion. You are not special or entitled. I'm allowed to have an opinion on the matter just like you are. The company has done multiple things it said it would not do. So there is a possibility of getting a new server, especially when you all keep debating it, because they see how many people keep arguing for it. If you truely don't want it, your best option is to be silent. If we didn't have anyone to debate, they wouldn't see how many people want it, and would never consider it. Will they consider it because of the debate? Who knows, maybe not. But people said we would never have a Queue or instancing either, and they were wrong. BTW Keldaria, saying that is a violation of the forum rules. And that is the second time you've done it.
  4. Nuanil Elder

[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] takes a tremendous amount of setup and maintenance, almost spend as much time maintaining [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] as playing games, and the more you try to get it to do, the more inflexible and inefficient your boxing becomes.
  5. Nuanil Elder

Boxing is what kept me in the game for 7 years after grouping dried out. That's $15000 bucks out of my pocket SoE never would have gotten without allowing boxing. And I just died a little adding that all up.
    Feradach and Lighteningrod like this.
  6. RadarX Augur

Folks the time has come to go ahead and let this thread ride off into the sunset. Roshen clarified our policy on [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] yesterday but in case you missed that it states that using this software while not at your machine may result in the suspension of your account. We feel this is a pretty clear definition so there won't be further elaboration at this time.

On the topic of boxing, there are also no policy changes. The Ragefire server will run under the same requirements as any other EQ server and those have not changed in quite some time. We appreciate and understand that some of you disagree or may be unhappy with this decision. For the most part after 54 pages we believe that feedback has been made fairly clear.

At this time I'm going to ask we move on from those topics to more constructive ones which we can discuss and make changes around. If you want to discuss [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] or any other 3rd party software further, please utilize their forums. Any further discussion of it will be removed and can be considered a violation of our forum guidelines.

We appreciate both your patience and understanding and if you have questions surrounding this or moderation, please feel free to PM me.
    Frenzic, Hendar2, Barton and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.