[Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and Boxing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by teagray2, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arafys New Member

Yeah yeah. I may or may not have had a /camp hotkey for the cleric in the event things went pear shaped in a hurry. Although, DogDog was a fairly effective last 10% tank in an emergency. Usually I refrained from training myself though.

With the big slow Shammys get, I could tank trash mobs pretty effectively.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Sometime you will not get an answer clearer than mud....why because it lets them change their minds later. But for mow it means you have to be at your computer running your characters. Doing things to fully automate you play while not there will still get you banned. Soooo....make sure to answer tells.

Here is the thing its not that most have issues with people boxing its the people behaving badly whether a single player or someone boxing multiple toons. Its not the boxing its the behavior!!! Those that get all bent because a boxer is farming an item you also want all I can say is next time get there first to claim your prize.
  3. MobileVortex Journeyman

"not awesome" is hardly a clarification. We need something official, not one devs opinion.
  4. Furystrike New Member

I don't think the problem is "boxing."

The problem is people who acted like jackwagons (you can pick up on the real term for jackwagon) in the past now have a greater opportunity to act like a jackwagon; with six characters.

I have been in boxed groups where one character was "played" and the others were bots. Quite often they were fun groups.

I don't think it is about the boxers, it is about the attitude of some of them. I have played since April of 1999. This game is like real life in a way. People here are playing for fun, but there is also competition for items and in game currency. Anytime there is a division of assets, there is going to be problems. There have always been complaints of one person, group, or guild dominating a spawn, zone, raid-zone etc.

I like Ragefire. It brings back some memories with some perks (ie my warrior can use origin!).

I don't care about the people that box, they are paying and can have at it. I have concern regarding the people who are jackwagons, either as single players or boxers. In the same light, I have concerns about particular guilds being alleged to dominate dragons, raid spawns etc and prevent other players from participating.

I don't see DBG solving this. Verant and Sony never really did.

If you don't like something, this is the place to voice your opinion and then vote with your wallet or your feet.

At the end of the day, EQ is about friends. I want to see and do all the content as I level, but enjoy the social aspect as well.
  5. MobileVortex Journeyman

Still waiting for the person to post about being bant for 6 boxing tradeskills while unattended (auto combine).
  6. Ishvah Elder

wow you people take this stuff way too seriously lol, i was just making a ranger joke, remember back in the old days when rangers couldnt hold their own?
  7. Machen New Member

I'm sure he remembers it well, because he just described what he had to spend 95% of his time doing!
    Sinzz likes this.
  8. Goodnews Augur

Create 1 non-box server. Leave the rest as is. All boxing discussion becomes moot.
    Tamier likes this.
  9. Tamier Augur

I asked for both, and ya'll still argued. Boxers don't want to play by themselves. They want to force solo players to play with them, so there is someone they can have an advantage over. Invalid point on both counts. Next?
  10. Taledar Elder

No more [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]! its literally a third party program..down with the cheaters.
    Tamier likes this.
  11. Tamier Augur

What is ignorant is to ignore the tons and tons of people on this very forum, who have stated over and over boxing is a problem, and then posted about unsubbing because of it. Just because you don't like the truth doesn't give you the right to claim it falsely. Boxing is not the root of all evil. No. But it is a major problem for some people's play stayle. They are the reason some people left. They do isolate some people from the game. Those are facts, because many people have voiced it, discussed it, and quit over it. You can't disprove that. The threads are visible for all to see.
  12. code-zero Augur

You know, and I'm not wanting to bring politics in here much, it's been said that President Obama has been the greatest gun salesman of this century. I'm thinking that all the threads running about [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] have probably helped their sales immensely. There are people who'd never heard of that program and never imagined that they'd even need something like that who're going to be checking it out now
  13. Machen New Member

It must drive you absolutely nuts to have completely lost this argument after posting a thousand times about it over the last few days.

Hope you enjoy all the boxers on Lockjaw!
    Silv likes this.
  14. Tamier Augur

Haha cool you ran into a helpful one. Was anyone there boxing? Boxers are kinder to their own than to others, as they have proven on this forum, and ingame before. If not, then kuddos to that one guy, he's the minority.
  15. Tamier Augur

Reported.
  16. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Bollocks. That's just your own bias speaking.
  17. Rolento Augur

I really doubt that, unless you plan to pay $90 a month and play 5 or 6 of the same class. Combine that with how much hate there is on the forums for boxing. Pretty sure its not going to be used more.
  18. Tamier Augur

Thats your own opinion, and since its directed towards my own personal experience, completely false and unprovable. You have no idea what any other player in this game has or has not experienced. It is silly to assume that everyone is mad for no reason at all. They all have reasons, and those who are complaining about boxing, have had negative experiences. Just because you don't want any negativity about boxing, and scour the forum day and night to call people liars, doesn't change that fact.
  19. Rolien Elder

Holy motherfucker you did not just accuse me of being in it for just myself. As my highest character is only level 18 I couldn't do to much for other players however when the servers first came up people were price gouging the hell out of people who did not know where to get the enchanter pets. Playing an enchanter myself I ran a halfling over to Highpass bought a couple versions of the 7,9 and 14 pet and sold them at cost instead of gouging the hell out of everyone like others were this cost me around 5 hours of play time in a single night (I did do this multiple nights but the first night was the longest) I could have said screw it and just stopped but seeing the price gouge people pissed me off.

I have never trained anyone. I have saved people by mezzing or rooting mobs that were about to kill someone. While leveling my JC I would sell the pieces just slightly over what it costs to make them that way I can afford my spells. The worst I have done was accidentally charmed a mob a group pulled to which I did apologize. I won't lie when it comes to answering some questions in chat channels that have been asked a thousand times already I do have a tendency to be a smart and just give stupid answers.

The number of 6 "Boxers" I have seen have all been mages and I have seen them do nothing but screw the community over by training, stealing mobs, stealing camps and monopolizing even low level dungeons. These people I have seen have provided no benefit to the community what so ever. Oh and lets not forget the six server slots these people take up.

I play the game for fun I don't play it to be the best I don't play it to inflate my and I don't play to screw people over. So I'm not just in it for myself, I'm in it to enjoy the game and I enjoy playing the game with other people. People make the game what it is. "Boxers" have turned this game into their personal playground and if you don't play by their same rules they will push you out of their playground.

However if trying to be kind and help out others with things is being in it for myself then I guess you're right I'm in it for myself.

tl;dr: Screw you.
    Tamier likes this.
  20. MBear Augur

I don't know about all of you but I keep checking back on this thread, excited to see all of the new and fresh arguments from both sides.
    Delightful and insightful debate happening up in here...
    Silv and Keldaria like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.