Test Update 06/13/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Marton Augur

Have you seen Daybreak job postings? Perhaps Sancus likes to be paid well for his work efforts :D.
    Lynada and RPoo like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This isn't the first time (and it won't be the last) that they have made changes to fix balance issues caused by something being more powerful then it should have been.

Also if you look at the history it had a massive increase in damage in 2016 which shows that it was not doing this damage when it was released.

Skuz and Alnitak like this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Bravo! That's a great catch!
    I was not playing EQ in November of 2016 (sorry, been too busy working hard to pay for my daughter's senior year in the University) and now it is much clearer picture:
    In November of 2016 they have altered the damage values to a progressive scale but somehow missed to alter the damage formula from cumulative addition (as those uniform numbers of 523 per step indicate) to a simple lookup table as it is today. And the spell became overpowered since then.
    And this latest patch corrects that oversight and causes massive outcry of those who has built their magicians around this exploit. Things came back to normal under the moon. All is good.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. noseminer New Member

monks also didnt have a 48% increased damage aa in SOF if you remove that from melee and fix bellow/jonthan, and necro dots then i would be fine with this change.
  5. kizant Augur

The only problem now is that mages have gotten out of line on live. They should be re-adjusted to line back up with what mages can do during SoF/SoD/Underfoot after this fix. Since this will be the most accurate representation of what mages should do.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is a different issue and you shouldn't be calling for nerfs on the forums.
  7. Alnitak Augur

I got confused: are you saying that mages should be made less powerful than they are now or more powerful that they are?
  8. noseminer New Member

Then why are you arguing that mages should be balanced against a 2007 bar when the bar has clearly been moved? sounds like you are calling for mage nerfs.
    Lineater likes this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not making arguments that it should or shouldn't happen, just that at times them making changes that end up nerfing things is needed.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Yamkin New Member

still waiting to see if dev want to provide insight? patch day is so soon
  11. Falkorn New Member

To echo the above poster, Yamkin, as the OP for the analysis on the "of the many" change, the objective was not, and is not, to start a "abc class should do more than xyz class" debate. This would open an age old review that ultimately will not be constructive.

The information is laid out (hopefully clearly) on how a probably (I only say probably as I am not on live and currently don't experience raid lag issues in Underfoot) good change, the # of pets, has resulted in drastic changes that impacts a class for nearly 2 years of standard TLP lifecycle (3 month leveling xpac, 2 month non-leveling).

The ask at this point is to get acknowledgement that the feedback is either:

1) under review with findings and a path forward based on the developer's goals for the class
    2) the change to all levels of "of the many," including levels 77, 82, and 87 is intentional and that the updated tooltips, function, and resulting changes in damage from SoF through HoT (with extended impacts from HoT to EoK) will be working as intended come tomorrow's patch with no current plan to review the spell line further
    Yamkin likes this.
  12. Pikollo Augur

Stop calling for nerfs just because you took the bat. Support your own class. Don't down others. IIRC SoF is when the huge monk nerf hit on live. So we know what its like.

My opinion is all caster classes should do about the same dps wise. They all have their gimmicks. There's no reason they should be so spread out in DPS. It would allow people to choose a caster based on what they find fun and not because it does more damage then the next.
  13. kizant Augur

The spells that got nerfed so badly should probably get a bit of an increase but then they should also try to be more consistent going forward up through live/level 120. The entire of many line and focus AAs prob needs some reconsiderations.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Why make it harder for guilds coming behind on TLP servers?

Mores the point, why have enrage timers at all?

If a guild has the mana and stamana to keep going why not let them? The only thing the enrage timer hurts are the guilds who do not have perfect group synergys.
    Skuz and Fanra like this.
  15. strongbus Augur

the only good use of a enrage timer should be for another ach and nothing more.
    Skuz, Yinla and Fanra like this.
  16. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Thanks DBG's. Took my mage crew (4) out tonight to check the new change to the of many spell line. My DPS as a group is higher now.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Rainbowbright Journeyman

The hang on alt tab is caused by windows 8.1+ enhanced windows features. Right click and edit the advanced properties of all exe's in eq's folders and turn off a setting having to do with enhanced features in windows yada yada. Its right near where you can toggle compatibility mode and run as admin.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

I'm sure they'll suffer some next expansion by being ignored a little, let them have their fun time right now.
  19. Cadira Augur

Keeping my opinion out of the matter, the following question comes to mind:

If raids require some element of a bar being set for healing, tanking, and stamina, why should they also not require a minimum lvl of dps too?
  20. kizant Augur

Let's hope.