Test Update 06/13/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Riou EQResource

It has been updated to include them in the Test patch vs last months patch addition
    - Slot 23 changed from '' to 'Increase Base Stats by 500'
    - Slot 24 changed from '' to 'Increase Base Stats Cap by 500'
    - Slot 40 changed from 'Increase Base Hit Damage by 15%' to 'Increase Attack by 600'
    - Slot 41 changed from '' to 'Increase Base Hit Damage by 15%'
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

You have the data from the live spells file not test (and/or based on a poor EQR import, spells parser exe is showing different).

As of 6/13:
    Double attack is 0% on both standard and superior.
    Slot 23: Increase base stats by 500.
    Slot 24: Increase base stats cap by 500.
    Slot 40: Increase atk by 600.
    slot 41: Increase base hit damage by 0%.
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Thanks for the correction.

With stacking conflicts it's hard for me to understand the overall benefit of the Superior Standard without going through it against existing buffs.
    Fanra likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I still don't use most Trophies because it seems as if they don't stack with most buffs/items/focus effects.

I'd really like to know what stacks with what in this game (without having to research every single item/trophy/spell/focus effect).
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Riou EQResource

It's just the buffed up old banner with the addition of hit dmg mod, so whatever that stacks with will stack with this + the 15% (for 120's) all hit dmg mod

Whether that makes raids easier as the intention or not will have to see if lower end guilds progress or higher ones go faster (or the ones at 2+ days can knock a day off)
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

Anyone know which is right for SPA 177? Is raidloot parsing the SPA wrong, or is the data wrong and not giving a benefit even though the description may show non-zero value?
    Spa 177, Base1=0, Base2=0, Max=10, Calc=1

https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=4750
    Slot 19: Increase Chance to Double Attack by 10%

https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=Standard of Power&effect=&class=&level=&view=
    19: Increase Chance to Double Attack by 0%

Same for SPA 482.
    Spa 482, Base1=0, Base2=-1, Max=0, Calc=119

https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=31738&source=test
    Slot 41: Increase Base Hit Damage by 15%

Raidloot
    41: Increase Base Hit Damage by 0%
  7. Riou EQResource

In both cases raidloot should be parsing it wrong (unless the data is bad)
    Szilent likes this.
  8. tsiawdroi TittyGOAT

that already happens now =p
  9. josh Augur

I'll take a stab at explaining the effect of all of these, feel free to add to or correct anything I say.

Slot 1:Increase Spell Damage by 11% to 30% (v124, Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)
    Slot 2:Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
    Slot 3:Limit Effect: Current Hit Points
    Slot 4:Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    Slot 5:Limit Class: WAR, CLR, PAL, RNG, SHD, DRU, MNK, BRD, ROG, SHM, NEC, WIZ, MAG, ENC, BST, BER
    Only the best version you have on is used and it is just a massively oversaturated SPA. If you have a bard in your group or are a wizard it's completely useless and a lot of classes have access to some temporary buff that will take precedence at least for a while. But even when it's getting applied it's a very weak SPA for nukers since it doesn't crit for nukes, good for dots though, if it applies.

Slot 6:Increase Healing by 11% to 30% (v125, Before Crit)
    Slot 7:Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
    This ones works the same as the last one as far as stacking goes but the SPA is a bit less oversaturated and it crits so it's helpful.

Slot 8:Decrease Spell Mana Cost by 6% to 15%
    Slot 9:Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
    This isn't bad, stacks additively with other non-buff sources, there aren't a ton of buff sources but still a few, mostly fine.

Slot 10:Increase Spell Haste by 15%
    Slot 11:Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
    Slot 12:Limit Min Casting Time: 3s
    Does what it says, doesn't stack with cleric spell haste but is better so...not much else to say

Slot 13:Increase Spell Duration by 15%
    Slot 14:Limit Max Level: 253 (Lose 100% per Level)
    Slot 15:Limit Effect: Exclude Invulnerability
    Slot 16:Limit Min Duration: 24s
    Slot 17:Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    Will probably add a tic to some short buffs and your dots so probably useful.

Slot 18:Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 100%
    If your guild keeps COP4 on at all times this is completely useless, otherwise it'll help.

Slot 19:Increase Chance to Double Attack by 30%
    someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure double attack is far over 100% chance. I'm pretty sure most melee classes could remove all double attack modifiers and still be over 100% just from their skill.

Slot 20:Increase Chance to Hit by 30%
    The nature of this one means you never hit 100% but we are close enough to 100% that this probably doesn't add much and it doesn't stack with other buff versions of itself, so again, will be better if you don't have a bard in your group.

Slot 21:Increase Chance to Dodge by 20%
    Slot 22:Increase Chance to Parry by 20%
    Probably useless, could be good for new tanks who aren't fully geared yet, but not very much.

Slot 23:Increase Base Stats by 500
    Slot 24:Increase Base Stats Cap by 500
    You'd think bog standard stats wouldn't be useful after all this time but this adds a pretty wide variety of benefits including crit chance, avoidance and attack power.

Slot 25:Increase All Resists by 150
    Slot 26:Increase Corruption Resist by 150
    Slot 27:Increase Magic Resist Cap by 150
    Slot 28:Increase Cold Resist Cap by 150
    Slot 29:Increase Fire Resist Cap by 150
    Slot 30:Increase Poison Resist Cap by 150
    Slot 31:Increase Disease Resist Cap by 150
    Slot 32:Increase Corruption Resist Cap by 150
    I imagine this is for TLP people? it's useless in current content, I don't think there is a single thing in NoS raids that can be resisted.

Slot 33:Increase Max Hit Points by 25%
    Slot 34:Increase Max Mana by 25%
    Slot 35:Increase Max Endurance by 25%
    It's not as much as it sounds because of what it's applied to and the fact that we already have some of this spa and it applies additively instead of multiplicatively, but still it's about 100k hp/mana/end. depends on gear and all that yadda yadda.

Slot 39:Increase Melee Haste by 36%
    Even in TLP this should be useless.

Slot 40:Increase Attack by 600
    I'll admit i have no idea what mobs mitigation AC is at these days so I have no clue how good this is.

Slot 41:Increase Base Hit Damage by 15%
    not familiar with this SPA although base damage multipliers are usually the best.

So, overall, it's less useful if you are a guild that has 9 bards and never slack on COP, but then again that's not really who its for so it will probably do ok at it's intended purpose.

Maybe change the slot 1 spell damage SPA to something less terrible and change the double attack to flurry chance or something, dunno, i forget how flurry chance stacks, could also be useless.

maybe get rid of the dodge/parry bit and add a small amount of SPA 197, like even 3% or something would be better than the dodge/parry thing.
    Fanra likes this.
  10. Riou EQResource

This spa basically adds to your raw damage so imagine a 1000 dmg weapon becomes a 1150 dmg weapon, for example.

Since this one is Hit it also boosts the raw dmg on things like strikes, bash, kicks, etc

It isn't a 1:1 (% = % increase) though because it doesn't boost things like +flat dmg modifiers (if your class has more of these)
    Fanra likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

I find that somewhat hard to believe, only because I have not seen it. I know guilds like ROI are faster than most/all and obviously parses go down as AA and discs and stuff fade. I am not sure if I remember seeing 4 by a necro on one of the two "burn" events this expansion, and I like to think I am in a decent DPS raid force.

Again not saying you are wrong. Just saying I have not seen 4 before, and I think we are decent/good. To get to 5 right now seems incredulous
  12. Orphius the Gnome New Member

At level 80 it is a 76% damage nerf just to the spell line. The tiers are currently cumulative, when you cast the spell it factors all the tiers you qualify for into one nuke. The new spell the tiers are singular, so you nuke for 4.9k at the top tier. So you can nuke for 19k with the old spell or 4.9k with the new one. Before everyone rants about that, its on a 9 sec recast and has special requirements. Wizards can nuke for 10k without any special conditions with a 5 second recast. Its more mana but you don't need to stack pets and with OOC regen mana isn't much of a issue. So between the 15k nuke loss and the 10% loss of damage I'm seeing with new swarm pets on parses vs old swarm pets, mages are taking a massive dps dive on TLP.
    noseminer likes this.
  13. Lubianx Augur

My only request for this would be make it a raid banner rather than a guild banner.

You would still need a certain amount in zone from a specific guild to plant it but the benefit is a raid-wide thing.

This allows those that have alliance raids to also fully benefit.
    Celephane, RPoo, Nenton and 14 others like this.
  14. Tygart Lorekeeper

As someone who is raiding on public raid forces, I would love this!
    Kaenneth and Yinla like this.
  15. Marton Augur

Great idea!

You CRT people out there take this to devs and make it done.
    Swiss and Yinla like this.
  16. Goratoar Elder

I like it. I'd like to also have a tough optional raid each expansion, on the other side of things.
    TsiawdMS likes this.
  17. Recklessron1 New Member

Why you gotta kill the only reason for me to come back to sof :( bad decision daybreak nerf other classes but when mages finally get a significant boost y’all tease it then snatch it away

*** Highlights ***

- Claws of Veeshan is now free-to-play.
    - New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. See details in Quests & Events.

*** Items ***

- The Tradable: Night of Shadows Expansion Ticket will check that you do not already own the expansion and stop if you do.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Yxtta Door puzzle: Made a speculative fix for this puzzle getting stuck.
    - The Expanding Spores in the Insatiable an Appetite raid will once again display their decal.
    - New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. These standards will only function in instances of zones within expansions that have been released for at least six months. These banners offer enhanced buffs to have an "easy" option for raids. We will evaluate these buffs and see if they need further adjusting. These will also function on progression servers with a one-month delay (except Vaniki).
    - The enrage mechanic for Animated Derakor and Restless Avatar of War have been fixed. Now if the event runs too long each of the bosses will hit harder.
    - Increased the drop rate of various Veeshan's Peak and Sebilis key drops. There will be more key pieces that drop from other mobs in the zones that they key pieces already currently drop in. Items dropped on the ground have had their spawn times reduced as well.

*** Spells ***

- Updated all spells in the Shock of Many spell line to have only 3 damage tiers and to require significantly fewer in-combat pets per tier.
    - Player spells that trigger on kills no longer trigger when killing player pets.

*** AA ***

- Necromancer - Fixed an issue where the AA ability Summon Corpse would always resolve on the caster rather than on the caster's target.
    - Updated the following swarm pet Class AAs to spawn fewer pets. The damage and health values of each pet have been increased to compensate for the reduced number of spawns.
    - - Bard - Song of Stone
    - - Beastlord - Attack of the Warders
    - - Druid - Spirits of Nature
    - - Magician - Host of the Elements
    - - Necromancer - Rise of Bones
    - - Necromancer - Swarm of Decay
    - - Ranger - Pack Hunt
    - - Shadow Knight - Chattering Bones
    - - Shaman - Spirit Call
    - - Wizard - Call of Xuzl

*** NPCs ***

- Tin Merchant I in The Overthere and Glinya Sweetpie in Firiona Vie can now send and receive parcels.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue where encounter locking would cause charmed pets to behave erratically.
    - Pets should no longer repeatedly report their inability to fight an encounter locked target when instructed to /guard a location.
    - Corrected an issue where encounter locked NPCs would sometimes remember a player who DoTed them after their lock had reset.
    - Corrected an issue where the ring event at the top of Harbinger's Spire would sometimes fail to reset.
    - Removed Copperfang from randomized loot.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The Claws of Veeshan expansion is now free-to-play on Test and Live servers.
    - Parcel merchants are once again delivering self-addressed parcels, subject to customs.
    - Added an on-screen message when a pickzone will be closing soon.
    - Added a chat message that provides the names of conflicting lore group items when attempting to loot an item that is in the same lore group as an item that the looter already has in their possession.

*** UI ***

- Removed the specific display of Legacy bonuses in experience messages to be more consistent with other bonus messaging.
    - Power sources will no longer display colored lines on the screen when in the bank.
    - Hotbuttons with an assigned icon will now show the proper icon when on the cursor.
    - Clicking on something that brings up the quantity window will now do so at the location of the click, not halfway across the screen.
    - The quantity window will now have its input automatically focused and appear over other UI windows.
    - Fixed a bug in the bazaar window that removed results from the list when sorting by quantity or weapon ratio.
    - Added text samples to the Spell Display Window of what is seen when the spell wears off for spells that have such a description.
    - Added commas to messages received upon login about purchases (or sales) you made on an offline buyer or trader.
    - The Heroic Upgrade button on the Inventory Window will now properly disable immediately after being clicked.
    - Heroic stats on the Stat page of the Inventory Window now have the proper tooltips again.
    - Improved the display of skill damage mod stat differences (e.g. kick) when comparing items.
    - Fixed the mail notification on the Selector Window to no longer indicate you always have unread mail.
    - Clicking on something that brings up the quantity window will now do so at the location of the click, not halfway across the screen.

- The EverQuest Team[/quote]
  18. Falkorn New Member

19. Kalamos Augur

Considering I currently only raid with an open raid force, I would love this as well.
  20. Malbro Augur

Updated the following swarm pet Class AAs to spawn fewer pets. The damage and health values of each pet have been increased to compensate for the reduced number of spawns.
    - - Bard - Song of Stone
    - - Beastlord - Attack of the Warders

I get 3 now, what is it going to be reduced to? 1?