Test Update 06/13/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 13, 2023.

1. EQ Dev Developer

June 13, 2023

*** Highlights ***

- Claws of Veeshan is now free-to-play.
    - New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. See details in Quests & Events.

*** Items ***

- The Tradable: Night of Shadows Expansion Ticket will check that you do not already own the expansion and stop if you do.

*** Quests & Events ***

- Yxtta Door puzzle: Made a speculative fix for this puzzle getting stuck.
    - The Expanding Spores in the Insatiable an Appetite raid will once again display their decal.
    - New "Superior Standards" are available as an option for guild banners. These standards will only function in instances of zones within expansions that have been released for at least six months. These banners offer enhanced buffs to have an "easy" option for raids. We will evaluate these buffs and see if they need further adjusting. These will also function on progression servers with a one-month delay (except Vaniki).
    - The enrage mechanic for Animated Derakor and Restless Avatar of War have been fixed. Now if the event runs too long each of the bosses will hit harder.
    - Increased the drop rate of various Veeshan's Peak and Sebilis key drops. There will be more key pieces that drop from other mobs in the zones that they key pieces already currently drop in. Items dropped on the ground have had their spawn times reduced as well.

*** Spells ***

- Updated all spells in the Shock of Many spell line to have only 3 damage tiers and to require significantly fewer in-combat pets per tier.
    - Player spells that trigger on kills no longer trigger when killing player pets.

*** AA ***

- Necromancer - Fixed an issue where the AA ability Summon Corpse would always resolve on the caster rather than on the caster's target.
    - Updated the following swarm pet Class AAs to spawn fewer pets. The damage and health values of each pet have been increased to compensate for the reduced number of spawns.
    - - Bard - Song of Stone
    - - Beastlord - Attack of the Warders
    - - Druid - Spirits of Nature
    - - Magician - Host of the Elements
    - - Necromancer - Rise of Bones
    - - Necromancer - Swarm of Decay
    - - Ranger - Pack Hunt
    - - Shadow Knight - Chattering Bones
    - - Shaman - Spirit Call
    - - Wizard - Call of Xuzl

*** NPCs ***

- Tin Merchant I in The Overthere and Glinya Sweetpie in Firiona Vie can now send and receive parcels.

*** Progression Servers ***

- Corrected an issue where encounter locking would cause charmed pets to behave erratically.
    - Pets should no longer repeatedly report their inability to fight an encounter locked target when instructed to /guard a location.
    - Corrected an issue where encounter locked NPCs would sometimes remember a player who DoTed them after their lock had reset.
    - Corrected an issue where the ring event at the top of Harbinger's Spire would sometimes fail to reset.
    - Removed Copperfang from randomized loot.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The Claws of Veeshan expansion is now free-to-play on Test and Live servers.
    - Parcel merchants are once again delivering self-addressed parcels, subject to customs.
    - Added an on-screen message when a pickzone will be closing soon.
    - Added a chat message that provides the names of conflicting lore group items when attempting to loot an item that is in the same lore group as an item that the looter already has in their possession.

*** UI ***

- Removed the specific display of Legacy bonuses in experience messages to be more consistent with other bonus messaging.
    - Power sources will no longer display colored lines on the screen when in the bank.
    - Hotbuttons with an assigned icon will now show the proper icon when on the cursor.
    - Clicking on something that brings up the quantity window will now do so at the location of the click, not halfway across the screen.
    - The quantity window will now have its input automatically focused and appear over other UI windows.
    - Fixed a bug in the bazaar window that removed results from the list when sorting by quantity or weapon ratio.
    - Added text samples to the Spell Display Window of what is seen when the spell wears off for spells that have such a description.
    - Added commas to messages received upon login about purchases (or sales) you made on an offline buyer or trader.
    - The Heroic Upgrade button on the Inventory Window will now properly disable immediately after being clicked.
    - Heroic stats on the Stat page of the Inventory Window now have the proper tooltips again.
    - Improved the display of skill damage mod stat differences (e.g. kick) when comparing items.
    - Fixed the mail notification on the Selector Window to no longer indicate you always have unread mail.
    - Clicking on something that brings up the quantity window will now do so at the location of the click, not halfway across the screen.

- The EverQuest Team
    Metanis, Nennius, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

3. Orphius the Gnome New Member

*** Spells ***

- Updated all spells in the Shock of Many spell line to have only 3 damage tiers and to require significantly fewer in-combat pets per tier.

Does this mean the shock of many is getting a massive damage nerf and its capped at tier 3 or are the tiers merging and the current tiers will be condensed into 3 tiers? It looks like its getting a massive damage downgrade the way its worded.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Found 6 differences between
    spells_us-2023-05-12.txt
    and
    spells_us-2023-06-13-test.txt
    [63706/7926] Barrage of Many
    Classes: MAG/117
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 3265
    Target: Line of Sight
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Fire
    Can Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Can Break Root: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.75s, Recast: 9s, Timer: 6, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 9048 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 19499 (If Between 3 To 5 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 32874 (If Between 6 To 9 Pets On Hatelist)
    4: Decrease Current HP by 53811 (If Between 10 To 14 Pets On Hatelist)
    5: Decrease Current HP by 84863 (If More Than 14 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 54555 (If Type 265)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 84863 (If Type 266)
    Text: You are struck by waves of elemental power.
    [63707/7926] Barrage of Many Rk. II
    Mana: 3461
    1: Decrease Current HP by 9500 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 20474 (If Between 3 To 5 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 34518 (If Between 6 To 9 Pets On Hatelist)
    4: Decrease Current HP by 56502 (If Between 10 To 14 Pets On Hatelist)
    5: Decrease Current HP by 89106 (If More Than 14 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 57282 (If Type 265)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 89106 (If Type 266)
    [63708/7926] Barrage of Many Rk. III
    Mana: 3669
    1: Decrease Current HP by 9975 (If Between 1 To 2 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 21498 (If Between 3 To 5 Pets On Hatelist)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 36244 (If Between 6 To 9 Pets On Hatelist)
    4: Decrease Current HP by 59327 (If Between 10 To 14 Pets On Hatelist)
    5: Decrease Current HP by 93561 (If More Than 14 Pets On Hatelist)
    2: Decrease Current HP by 60146 (If Type 265)
    3: Decrease Current HP by 93561 (If Type 266)
  5. Berxo New Member

If you're looking at the SoF version, it's a massive nerf. They made it easier to get to the final tier but they don't sum the damage. So they took an 18k spell and made it a 5k spell. Trying to not be salty about this but it's hard because monks on TLPs have been broken as all get out for about a decade yet and necros are super broken on TLPs post SoD, yet they target this specific spell, the one that finally made mages viable on raids, and nerfed it into the ground.
  6. kizant Augur

They're not reducing the number of pets in the other million ways to spawn them so it should now be easier to do max damage.
  7. Cicelee Augur

I wonder if the last level will now work on 6 or more pets, or will remain at 14 or more.

Either way, I hope this helps reduce lag for many players. IMHO without knowing all the specifics, feels like a step in the right direction
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Swiss Augur

I believe it will now be 3-6 does 60k nuke, 7+ 93k nuke.
    Old was 3-5 21k, 6-9 36k, 10-14 60k, 14+ 93k roughly.
  9. Brickhaus Augur

Am I wrong in thinking that this is a pretty sizable boost to solo/group mages (the change in the many spell line)? Seems to me that a solo mage can now hit the middle requirements indefinitely without much effort ... and the new middle damage is much more than you would have gotten under the old system.

I understand the idea behind the changes, but I'm not quite sure why we start out with clearly more damage than the old system for mages. Mages are not a class that needs more at this time. Is there a commission on mage groups running around Norrath we don't know about? How big was Tucoh's bribe? (I kid, I kid ...)
  10. Swiss Augur

It will be in some situations a buff but solo mage was using a different rotation to get close to the same dmg anyway. Will be easier to not have multiple spell bars though. You cant really compare the lowest version of old of many because it was rare anyone used it for that damage, just the pet buff proc.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will any of this improve the lag, when returning to game after being tabbed out?

This only started with the last patch.
    Cicelee likes this.
  12. Shiseido New Member

FPS (Frame per Second) starts decreasing slowly.
  13. Tucoh Augur

And all it took was a gift card to https://www.craftedculturesd.com/ !

But seriously, this is a big boost to solo/group mages, who have a lot more tools than what are listed to spawn huge numbers of swarm pets, so hitting the cap for Of Many will be much easier. It's also a good boost to any class effected by pet lag, because ostensibly this change will alleviate that. Whether this change will alleviate lag on raids where these spells aren't being cast remains to be seen.

Ironically this won't be a huge boost to me personally because it's so easy for me to hit the min pet count with my group of 3 mages, bard, sha and shd. I can get 100% uptime on this easily without resorting to using Cloth Caps or other interruptions to casting.

You guys have seen me asking for them to delete 90% of swarm pets for the last few years (along with 90% of spell/melee procs...), this is a good start to that!!

DPG, consider giving other swarm abilities that treatment including:
    • Lyrical Prankster (5 pets) (brd)
    • Bellow at the Moon (1 or 4 pets) line (bst)
    • Call Skeleton line (3 pets) (nec)
    • Wake the Dead (5 pets) (nec)
    • Pack of Lunar Wolves line (3 pets) (shm)
    There's probably some other spells I'm missing. Also don't be afraid to significantly reduce the benefit of Extended Swarm! Drop it from 20s to like, 5s.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Windance Augur

Anyone on test willing/able to post the stats buff on the new "easy" banner?
  15. Windance Augur

Why "fix" this now?

When we were doing these events we would often go 20 min+ past the enrage timer. I hope the power up doesn't turn these events into a major DPS check for those poor sods who are going to doing them "in era"
    minimind, Skuz and Yinla like this.
  16. Cadman Elder

17. eqgamer Augur

18. Tucoh Augur

Comparing the superior vs standard this seems underwhelming. I'm not sure if I'm missing any subtleties that confer more profound benefits, but if the goal is to create raids that challenge a top ten raid force that will then be achievable by the top 40 raid forces, this won't do it. I understand the patch notes indicate "We will evaluate these buffs and see if they need further adjusting".

I'll defer to someone else on the simplest way to buff this standard, but implore DPG to be bold about its initial tuning.

[IMG]
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Also, I encourage DPG add a similar version for the fellowship campfires that is placable in instanced zones after 6+ months of release. Standard of Power was added to the Empowered Campfire recently to provide players with this kind of buff, and it'd enable high-difficulty group encounters in the same way.
    Straahdx likes this.
  20. kizant Augur

It may need some tweaking but I kinda like the idea of the superior standard.
    Emilari likes this.