Test Update 06/13/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Windance Augur

Any idea how much of an effect the "easy" mode banner would have on total raid DPS?

For example:

Increased change to critical hit by 50% -> becomes critical hit by 100%. Does that mean every hit will now be a critical ? or is that one of those mods that get added to some sliding scale where 100% isn't really 100% ?

The #1 issue we have on raids is DPS. Especially during the summer when we're down 1-2 groups.
  2. Razorfall Augur

Curious why the base stats and attack aren't on the new version. Maybe so that the base damage increase isn't too OP?
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How does the cost compare ?
  4. Cadira Augur

Pretty sure it's weird eq math, should be same spa as cry carnage etc where it's just part of the formula.

Increasing base damage by 10 and 15% for the spell and melee respectively, along with some other minor updates almost seems like it'll increase your raid force's power by a few people worth of raid strength imo. Even less if you have "summer numbers" (which I imagine this is directly supposed to combat more than anything) and seems a bit underwhelming. I don't see this being something that's going to push a guild that, not only has summer numbers but was also already struggling to push the dps/tanking/healing to beat an event over the edge in the first place. The additional 20% bump in mana and HP sounds pretty great though.
    minimind likes this.
  5. Cicelee Augur

Imagine a necro in a top 5 guild using the Superior Standard banner on a raid. 5 million DPS parse?
  6. Tucoh Augur

No idea, but I hope it's the same or very similar cost. No need to make it something for guilds struggling to beat content in July to have to pass the hat around to buy a superior banner.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Not to derail the thread but in this case a rising tide lifts all ships. Or less metaphorically, if this buff allows you to bring fewer healers or have more healers/tanks/cc focus on DPS, you can increase your raid's DPS without buffs that specifically increase it.
  8. Cadira Augur

Oh, and y'all forgot champions oath and RB again.
  9. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

No more further conversions on the UI engine is also disappointing. Gone another month I guess.
    Xyza likes this.
  10. noseminer New Member

anyone parse lvl 80 mage on test for SoF? looks like a ~50% dps nerf RIP
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am guessing they want to fix the issues with the ones that have already been released and work to make sure that the next batch released doesn't introduce more issues.
    Xyza, Corwyhn Lionheart and Emilari like this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

I don't think it is just "struggling" guilds that will use this. I wonder if this banner allows 2 day a week guilds to clear everything in 1 night, maybe just have one long 4-5 hour marathon Sunday night raid and take the rest of the week off. Or in ROI's case, they use banner and clear all nine raids in an hour.
    Metanis and Tucoh like this.
  13. Windance Augur

Limit the "easy" banner to those who didn't sweep the raids the first week they went live :cool:
  14. Cicelee Augur

I do wonder how many guilds that clear all raids weekly would use this. Or if there is some macho ego thing that prevents easy mode. Summer time generally means reduced attendance, alts start raiding over mains sometimes, etc. There is also the chance for split raids, although by summer most are already bored with the raids so doing it twice per week I am not sure if that goes over well.

Feels like a win for all. Helps those who have not won get over the hump, potentially turns 2 nights/3 hours per into maybe 1 night/5 hour marathon on Sunday, helps low summer raid attendance, etc.

One question I have not seen asked or answered- does superior standard banner mean less loot?
  15. Tucoh Augur

I'd presume everyone, everytime. A guild that has had T3 raids on farm mode for 3 months is going to happily take the buff so they can raidlog once a week instead of twice a week.

Any kind of recalibration to unbuffed stats before the next expansion will be best done on beta with the new events, new abilities and betabuffed characters anyway.
    Cicelee and Silvena like this.
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop on how expensive these will be.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  17. Eetra1 New Member

Odd that it wouldn't also include the ATK increase but I guess the base hit damage makes up for it. The in-game description for the superior banner does say it increases the total and maximum of your base stats by 150, down from 200 on the normal banner.
  18. Cadira Augur

After going to test to look at this, it states it requires the same banner mats as the empowered.
    So the same 10k gets you empowered or superior.
    Yinla, Tucoh and Fanra like this.
  19. Tucoh Augur

Given how much you'd need to increase it to give a raid pause it's best to just leave it the same cost.

It'd have to be like, a krono+ to make people not want to buy it under most conditions.
    Cadira likes this.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would raise the question of why would they make it in the first place.
    Windance likes this.