Test Update 06/13/2023 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Orphius the Gnome New Member

Any chance a dev can weigh in on this? Is the nerf to the Of Many line intentional on TLP's? or is it just an accident due to the change going off how live versions of the spell function? Since the spell mechanics were already changed once in later expansions without altering the previous versions of the spell; it would seem that devs were aware of how the spell functioned and decided to go in a different direction? But now the spell is nearly worthless for 3 or 4 expansions on TLP. Its fast and you save a bit of mana on the potential damage sure, but the total damage is basically garbage now.

I know its not as sexy as the new banner and it only impacts 1 class and only on TLP's but its a huge nerf if it goes through and will severely impact those of us who play mages on TLP.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There are some epic fights that take place in Abysmal Sea, so I doubt a fast camp/freeze buff timer would be added.

But a parcel vendor would be very welcome, as would the Guild Lobby being added to the Magus as destination. I've seen both of those requested on the boards.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Highwizard Augur

The slot 1 using SPA 124 to increase spell damage is going to be pretty lack luster for DD casters. Also, casters are at cap on spell haste so might need to look into that one as well.
  4. error Augur

Would be nice. It seems like pets and swarm pets are always being overlooked when they make these sorts of changes, like the recent upgrade to Banestrike. Even if it's not a game changer, it doesn't seem right that some classes receive the full benefit while for other classes it just doesn't apply to a significant portion of their damage.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think Pet Classes gain enough advantages already without their pets getting bane damage.
    Especially when you take on board all the extra calculations needed even post-revamped bane for main pet, servant, swarm pets, proc pets etc.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

7. error Augur

I don't know, there's just as many drawbacks to being dependent on pet damage as there are advantages, at least in a raid context. Global damage buffs should probably just globally boost damage and not be concerned with the source of the damage. I don't think players should really speculate too much on the performance cost of things which are entirely implementation dependent and can't just be assumed; besides, there are already AAs like Companion's Fury which passively effect a pet's combat statistics as well as the mage aura which actively effects pets, neither of which have been touched in any raid lag reduction pass.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If I'm reading all the info, the new banner pushes dot casters further ahead and DD casters drop further behind?

What happend to the AA improvement road map?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/nos-aa-status-thread.285973/

Not one single post since beta from Ganzito
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?search/19557883/
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's on the list right behind capes and ship-to-ship combat. :D
    Lineater and Yinla like this.
  10. Orphius the Gnome New Member

I didn't see any Dev's on that post? but even as a bug it was left in for 4 expansion and when the spell was rebalanced or "fixed", the damage ratios appear to be adjusted to compensate for the rebalance.

Level 92, Strike of Many the top tier = 28218 which is over 2.7x the damage of level 91, Bolt of Molten Steel 10689 the biggest regular mage nuke at that level.

The current level 77, Shock of Many's new top tier = 4926 compared to Level 76, Bolt of Molten Dross at 5071, the biggest mage nuke at the level. Its not even close. The spell is essentially garbage now, its fast and saves a bit of mana but its weak otherwise.
    Domniatric likes this.
  11. Domniatric Augur

Yeah it seems like using VoA ratio of 2.64 vs main bolt for final tier would be a good balance if they are going to remove/fix the additive way these spells used to work. They would still be weaker but, in line with the way it got balanced when "fixed". Something like (unranked):

Shock of Many Rk I - lvl 77
    1-2 pets 1592 dmg
    3-6 pets 6,249 dmg
    7+ pets 10,906 dmg

Jolt of Many Rk I - lvl 82
    1-2 pets 1995 dmg
    3-6 pets 7,817 dmg
    7+ pets 13,639 dmg

Clash of Many Rk I - lvl 87
    1-2 pets 2,522 dmg
    3-6 pets 10,639 dmg
    7+ pets 18,755 dmg
  12. Elthorien Elder

in regards to the new banner
    there are some guilds that run "pick up" raids so that casual players can experience raid content
    usually consists of players from multiple different guilds
    can we have the banner be a zone wide effect on all of the players instead of guild only
    Ozon, Angahran, Windance and 6 others like this.
  13. MmmmBop Wise Troll

Makes a lot of sense to me. The "banner" / "standard" or whatever you want to call it doesn't have to be tied in to normal rules of being tied to a guild or guildhall. Could be it's own thing that just provides a giant aura effect. However, in order to prevent groups from using it, have it require 12 people in the zone or 12 people to be nearby before you can set the aura
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  14. Ishbu Augur

There is so much going on here past just an old bug. The damage ratio on the Of Many tiers of the earlier era spells is completely off compared to what the fixed versions of the spell line do compared to other damage options.

Simply dismissing it as an old bug fix is vastly understating the reality of the situation for TLP mages.
    kizant likes this.
  15. Imukai Augur

Abysmal Sea doesn't need a parcel -- they need to get their damn boat out of the storm they are in and rejoin the rest of Norrath.

And then they need to teach the idiots in PoK to make a teleporter to the top of the library.
  16. Alnitak Augur

Actually, "the biggest regular nuke at that level" is Spear of Molten steel lvl 95 with max base damage of 19967 (please note the ratio of 28218 / 19967 = 1.413 )
    Which will gradually head toward current ratio of 93561/80498 = 1.162 over the course of several expansions.
    Bolt is out and Spear is in since HoT.

In EoK there will be Conjurer's Synergy AA introduced as well as upgrades to Theft of Essence, which together will reshuffle the balance between Spear and Of Many in the group game.
    Overall - the latest patch is simply rebabalancing spells toward the modern line-up, so mages will get the taste of what's to come later on.
  17. noseminer New Member

No one cares about the sacred ratios we care about a 50% total dps nerf for mischief and a 40% total dps nerf for aradune.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that doesn't mean that those nerfs are not needed.
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

The real takeaway from this thread should be:
    Why hasn't DPG hired Sancus?
    RPoo, Marton and Windance like this.
  20. Domniatric Augur

Please....After 16 years this is the conclusion you guys are reaching the day before SoF drops?

Nerf monks. They have been doing like like 50% more dmg than mages for the last few expansions.

Or, for that matter nerf bards. A 100% support class toping many parses. Talk about broken.

God forbid a mage might top a parse.