SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Laozi New Member

The smoking gun here is that, if people review the threads on the Guise, there are at least 4 instances of questions on the 'Heirloom' tag.

Which means:

(1) Players had clearly assumed that all other things were equal (standard, average, normal timer and recast).

(2) The relevant authorities had multiple opportunities to address stats and attributes early on (as far as back the first announcement in January).

Mitigating Factor: Information revealed that Illusion comes with no buffs. (Only relevant response).
    Aggravating Factor: Player reveals that Lucy spell data shows 10 minute buff. (No response).

I am less inclined to err on the side of mere negligence now.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  2. A-Quad Augur

haha 'refund' - good luck with that.

I predict they'll do the right thing and give us what we were all expecting. There is no good reason not to.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  3. CaptAmazing Augur

It really looks bad and very much like bait and switch.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  4. guado Augur

Note to self and others: exercise extreme caution when SoE is selling an item that will be delivered in the future. Clearly there's new people working in this department that don't know how their predecessors worked things; start perceiving reality.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  5. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

I was one of the people suckered into paying for FF knowing I wouldn't be going just to get this illusion.If it's going to be like this then i want my money back.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  6. guado Augur

I wouldn't be surprised if the item was "hard coded" into that fixed duration with a fixed recast.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  7. Ringkeeper Journeyman

We need a community relations representative or developer to update us because players will be receiving the loot cards and key codes in a few days. Redeeming the key code may not only void one's rights to a refund but complicate the rights of other customers. Are there discussions in the works?
  8. Kelandi Elder

Another sucker here, they ought to do what's right or prepare to lose even more loyal customers for pulling this nasty bait & switch. I for one will not get fooled again.

Anyway, if they choose not to remedy this situation you can dispute the charge with your CC company.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  9. Bethelmanaa Journeyman

Wow you guys are on a roll. Nerf everyone to the ground, lock players out of the game for days, release a half expansion and now you bait and switch. Who the heck is ruining this game!
    OldCa61 likes this.
  10. guado Augur

Apparently all of the developers that have *any* knowledge of EQ1 are not working on EQ1 anymore. Whether they're working on EQNext or otherwise, it's easy to see that EQ1 is dwindling on multiple fronts.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  11. Wildjester New Member

I think the pink elephant in the room is that EQ1 and I hear EQ2 has become nothing more than a cash cow. They will never admit it but paying 25 dollars for a bag in a video game is insane, I don't care who you are. Also the rest of the garbage for sale, while some of it may be somewhat useful, most is junk. If you really want to buy a "cheese cart" for your EQ house go for it, But what I see is "CASH COW" Status. The game is less and less about adventuring, raiding and earning quest rewards and more about what I am going to name my merc, my pet and what furniture I bought for my house. Is this EQ or sim's/second life? I think the reason why they didn't open with having 40+ slot bags is the game engine is old and do we really even know how big they can make bags in EQ1? Two, Why sell people huge bags and make less money when you can sell them gradually bigger bags for the same price over and over, enticing them to upgrade to the larger ones? It's all about marketing in this world, and they finally jumped on the marketing bandwagon.

I really don't care because it seems to be working for them, and people are generally happier that these new things have been added. Personally though I like working for stuff, I make the 20 slot bags with Tailoring and that 30 slot bag for 500 adventure tokens during the anniversary was a lot of work but I did it. I did buy two bags from the marketplace but it was after redeeming double/triple SC and when the bags were on a slight discount for buying two or more. To each his own though, if you want 10 ginormous bags and want them now, the marketplace is there.
  12. Rafather Augur

if you do that, soe will freeze your account.
  13. Roshen Brand Manager

We have been discussing this internally. We know that full information on this item went out to players late in the process, and we understand your frustration with this.

The team would like to keep Guise of the Ancient Gods as an item that is unique and special. We don’t want players to be able to play as the gods of Norrath with these illusions up all of the time (even if you are an Enchanter, Bard or Rogue), and the cooldown on this item and buff duration are intentional. Guise of the Ancient Gods is currently 10 minute unfocusable duration with a 2 hour recast time.

We do want our players to be happy with the SOE Live rewards, and we will continue to discuss this with the team. If and when there’s additional information to share, we’ll certainly do so.
    YellowBelly likes this.
  14. Bethelmanaa Journeyman

I'm sorry but that is a lame excuse. All you made was a cheap party trick that will be forgotten in a couple months because it is so limited.
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  15. Laozi New Member

Hmm. It seems like it would be difficult to alter the item and a chore to do a refund. Though, I don't think anyone would be opposed to a regular illusion item.

I would suggest offering an additional reward (one of the following?):

-Ancient Bristlebane-only Illusion Item (regular duration) - Jester Mask?
    -Legends of Norrath 'Choose A Loot' card
    -Fearstone Gargoyle Mercenary skin
    -4 Set of Big Bags
    -LoN Booster Box
    -Past FanFaire item?
    etc, etc.

Second grant would be delayed but it would make for a good peace offering.
  16. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

My account runs out in about a month or two I think, After 14+ years I wont be re upping my account. I realize that people say that all the time but I feel like just got scammed by SoE with this garbage.

This is different than a nerf that people don't like in gameplay, we paid money for this thing and not one of the dev's said a word about it being so severely limited and useless. I want my money back.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  17. CaptAmazing Augur

Then post the item information before hand. Let your customers make informed decisions. Not what appears to be underhanded, slight of hand trickery.
  18. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Broken login servers, nerfs all over the game. bait and switch. Is SoE trying to kill eq?
  19. Pwning Lorekeeper

@Elidroth: There is absolutely nothing game changing about an illusion. You sell illusions all the time in marketplace that have beneficial buffs attached. This has no buff attached, so that argument holds no water.

@ Roshen: The only people who will be running around w/ the illusion are the people that paid for tickets, which is no way the whole playerbase. It's already limited to one per account as you've stated as well. Beta rewards have been illusions in the past, with no recast, and a focus-able duration. These are 'rewards' as well. If you dont want people running around with illusions, stop selling them in the marketplace. This argument also holds no water.

You've essentially mislead people into paying $50+ and given them the middle finger. These are the same people that pay to play the game, so that you can have a job. You can play dumb and say its a bonus for people who are attending, but you had to know people would buy tickets solely to get the item that you advertised so much. In fact you KNEW people would, as there were countless posts asking if they could buy a ticket and get the item, months ago. You waited til after the deadline for refunds to screw these people out of their money, and now you come back with pathetic excuses about "game breaking". You want game breaking? Visit the marketplace, where you can change the appearance, gender, race of your character, you can buy any number of mounts and illusions with NO restrictions, which HAVE BENEFICIAL BUFFS, and you can fill their inventories with the largest bags in the game. All for a price.

Get real, make this right.
    Ruinedmyownlands and OldCa61 like this.
  20. OldCa61 Augur

Explain how making this clicky last 36 minutes is a "Game Changer" ??? My English not so good (