SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Pwning Lorekeeper

People did ask, when it was announced. They werent answered.

There is already a cazic thule illusion, 32 min uptime, 30 min reuse, can keep it up indefinitely.

Do your research.
    OldCa61 and Termination like this.
  2. complexication Kassina

I personally don't agree with this 'cash cow' status since I like adventuring (when I'm not being lazy anyway), and a lot of the stuff I've put into my house I've bought for plat and/or got off named drops. But to each their own, right?

I get that the EQ engine is fairly old, and that's probably the reason as to why we don't have bigger bags...although EQ2 was released a few months before DoN, so it's not like the game engine is that significantly different.

Hell, if I had the station cash for the bags, I'd have bought them when they were actually in the market - because 36 > 10. Sure, you may end up lucky one night in Grounds and having a rucksack drop off a named or have luck in Valley having the Weapon Crate of the Mercenary drop, but meh.

And considering you can get a 16 slot bag of living lava for 1700+ crowns from the loyalty vendor, and get bags for completing VoA progression, I'd say it's better than nothing at all.
  3. Laozi New Member

Have you even read any of the posts or listened to one iota of fact?

Questions asked:
    3-4 Instances: Is it Heirloom? No response.
    1 Instance: Is the 10 minute timer correct? No response.

The facts have been outlined here. All you have done is resort to name-calling. Not a very good apologist for SOE.
  4. Casidia Augur

If they didn't answer, they did not cheat you.
    This means you gambled, like i said. Silence can tell you more than words.

Maybe you should get your facts straight.
    If a car seller doesn't answer your questions, you will not buy.
    Here you did buy, deal with it.

I am not an apologist for SOE. I hate many things that happened with EQ.
    I did let them know this.
    But I freaking support that i don't have to see gods running around all the time, just because a bunch of people think this is what should happen.
  5. Laozi New Member

Roshen did answer two questions:

Can I choose my illusion? We currently plan to have an illusion each time you click. (paraphrase).
    Will the illusion provide an additional buff? No.

Thanks for helping me build a strong case.
  6. Zamiam Augur

There are already peeps out there with Cazic thule Illusions .. its called Cazic's Blood .. 30min illusion of cazic thule Player made from brewing .. has a 30min recast timer on it but the illusion lasts for 30 or 33 min..
  7. Candydare Elder

I am definitely disappointed. I hope they extend the time for a refund. I support eq by purchasing player studio items and I will continue but I feel I was mislead on the purchase for this illusion.

I understand the dev reasoning but someone must rectify this issue in a manner that will restore some faith in the player base.
  8. Fendy Augur

Cool. Just made a few of these. And didn't cost me a $
  9. Ringkeeper Journeyman

Thank you for your response. I understand the worry here. It was an unfortunate oversight. At this point, the best option for me would be a money refund. I will listen to other options. Hope to hear from you all soon. Thanks again.
  10. Wildjester New Member

I know not everyone will agree that SOE is mostly driven by profits, but it is a corporation and that's what they want. I also still play because it's fun and me and my friends still enjoy it, I did TS's on several toons and have two raid shawl augs and two group shawl augs on alts. I take a lot of pride in getting a big quest done or winning a raid for the first time. I'm heavily invested in my characters like a lot of folks who still play.

I have gotten about five scuffed bags of various sizes, it's taken a couple of years but I'm not killing named all the time, I also think if the scuffed drop rate was really good, no one would even buy the ones from the marketplace because they'd be able to farm enough bags easily. I really love it when SOE gives us those free claimable bags every so often because of a screw-up or promotion. I have spread what little bags I've gotten around to who needs them. My alts mostly get the tailored 20 slotters or 15/20 slot bags looted off named. and I have been working on more hunter to get those bags. I'm not complaining about the bag situation I just spend sparingly when it comes to the marketplace ones. I think they do provide enough ways to get good bags for people who don't want to just buy them with real cash. It makes me feel better to work on something and get them as a reward. I did splurge last time they had the 36 slots on sale though, bought a two pack with the discount and some SC that had been accruing and some that I got off game cards that only cost me ten bucks each.

As far as this new illusion, I didn't even buy the pass and seeing as how it's already nerfed to heck and back I'm glad I didn't waste my money. I hope the people that did end up going for it get some kind of decent usability out of it, if and when SOE decides to un-nerf it. I think it's still a great item for people who want a "trophy" or "keepsake" to remember that they have played this game a long time and they are one of only a few hundred, maybe thousand people that have the item because you could only get it from the 2014 Fan Faire. So instead of complaining which is what a lot of people are doing, they should enjoy that they were able to even afford to splurge on it. Congratulations and have fun out there!
  11. Zamiam Augur

Until i hear what the dev's plan to do I have stopped all cashflo into EQ . 4/5 accounts i have are coming up for renewl by end of month i will not be renewing my main account still has almost 3 months cause i buy 3 to 6 month renewals on main account.. i wont be buying anymore SC cards (usually 2 or 4 a month) and also will not be purchasing any Krono's from SoE ( usually buy 2 or 3 of those a month for pp in game ) my 4th account has all expansions up to RoF and I was just gonna spend the $40 bucks to get it CoF but after this that has been put on hold ..
    So Sony hope this spells it out for you , cause im not the only one who spends hundreds of dollars on this game a month or more (with expansions) . you need to FIX this .. refund my $69 or give me the mask that I was told id get with no limitations .. either way I dont care..
    P.S. IMOH i feel the mask should be Heirloom flagged .. shouldnt matter only getting 1 per account so what if i want to switch it between my toons ..
  12. Sancho Elder

Just break the item into 8 separate god illusions at $35 a pop. There problem solved! :p.
  13. Melanippe Augur

Quite simply, bad form on the part of SoE. I have no dog in this fight, however, the only fair and honest options seem to me to be:

1: Deliver the item as originally advertised,
    or
    2: Refund the cost to any and all players who wish a refund. Period.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  14. Dontee Elder

This is BS and will seriously impact my future considerations to support SOE with my dollars (2 all access passes to SOE LIVE 2014)
  15. YellowBelly Augur

How is this even an item? We were always told no to god illusions because of lore. Who wants to see some yahoo running around with their EQ gods illusion on? I sure don't.
  16. Ringkeeper Journeyman

A less contentious but equally cool illusion item could be offered now or in the future. Any one or a combination of these.

Guise of the Ancient Myths

Illusion: Ancient Myths
    12% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Gypsy
    12% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Mermaid
    12% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Cyclops
    12% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Harpy
    12% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Sphinx
    12% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Vampire
    13% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Freeport Guard
    13% Chance to Trigger Illusion: Ancient Qeynos Guard

36-minute duration time. Focusable. No recast delay.

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Obiziana and RekMMO like this.
  17. Mardy Augur

The problem is just that, it should've never even been offered by the devs. But $OE got greedy, they wanted to sell these fan faire tickets, they wanted to sell virtual tickets where as it used to be you had to show up to claim the goodies. It's all about Sell Sell Sell (pun intended).

These gods illusions were their perfect thing to dangle in front of people. I'm like you, I don't really want to see these gods running around all over the place. Some things are sacred and should remain to be so. But money (aka funding Landmark & EQN) seems to be SOE's top priority these past few years. So I'm not surprised to see this being offered.

If they must offer this to sell tickets, then please do it right. 10mins illusion is as good as barbage, I'm sure devs knew had they given folks the details ahead of the time, they would've sold a lot less tickets. We know SOE don't do refunds, they want to keep the money they've got already. So right now it's really up to devs to see how they'll make this right. It's a worm that should've never been let loose to begin with.
  18. Ringkeeper Journeyman

After more thought, I'd be happy with the Guise at 1 hour recast. The lower recast, the better - of course. A 15 minute duration would be a plus. A previous poster brought up the idea of a "Burn" illusion. It could fit there. 2 hours recast is awfully silly. Who will track the timer? Play sessions fit better at 1 hour or less intervals than at 2.

Possible golden ratio range:
    10 minutes duration/30 minute recast <--------------->15 minute duration/1 hour recast.

They could keep it at 2 hours but tack on 10%-25% additional xp bonus buff for those 10 minutes.

This is just my opinion. It does not change the context. It seems a bit more comfortable than the hassle of a locked debate or sorting through refunds.
  19. Geroblue Augur

I've seen many complaints over the years about SOE Live for me to spend money on what a loot card might do. { think this guise should be allowed, it was advertised.
  20. Jyve Augur

That it doesn't show the limitation on it on other soe game forums, also seems to show this is a bit of a last minute panic.