SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Kelandi Elder

Please enlighten us as to how this illusion is "game changing". It has NO stats, it is simply a fun, alternate appearance for our character.

If you don't have a legit reason then just give us the option to receive a refund instead of claiming the Guise...or better yet just admit it was a bait and switch to make some easy bucks.

Thanks!
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lets hope they leave enough people behind over the weekend to fix the server issues which has been going on since last week.
  3. OldCa61 Augur

/Agree 100% Ready to do a chargeback myself, just tired after 15 years of being a loyal, paying customer. Add this to the log-in issues, the 'I can't play due to lag for weeks, the nerf of every single character in the game. I am just going to let this subscription run out. Really Disappointed !!!
  4. Ribeye Journeyman

Nobody can log into any SOE games, is that my prize?
  5. CaptAmazing Augur

This is not anything game changing. It's an illusion. The cool downs and duration make us feel like we are not being dealt with in good faith. There's no way to try and explain this to make it right.

The illusion should be like all other, as was usual and customary.
  6. Ruinedmyownlands Elder

Find us a way to get a refund then because we got scammed.
    Kelandi likes this.
  7. CaptAmazing Augur

Best way to resolve this is to offer refunds.
    Yinla, Abazzagorath and Kelandi like this.
  8. Bethelmanaa Journeyman

The point of my post was that you guys advertised this like it was something grand and you turned it into something as significant as a firecracker by making it so limited. I think you guys have forgot how small of a window 10 minutes is in our EQ world.
  9. Dhdcf New Member

It seems to me that SOE has made two mistakes here. 1. Promoting this fan faire gift as one you may still receive even if NOT attending. That just doesn't compute for me. And 2. SOE should have provided much more detail on the ring's effect, especially after publically promoting the fact you may buy, not attend, but still receive. This just needs to be made right
  10. Tobynn Augur

Want my refund. You can keep your as-is piece of garbage illusion. I've learned my lesson buying anything EQ related in advance ever again. This was planned and implemented deception through and through, and no amount of spindoctoring will ever convince me otherwise.

You want to keep this illusion unique and special, yet you would have had no problem at all if every single player on every single server forked out $50-$150 to buy one. Everyone with a credit card is certainly free to buy one -- that's how unique and special it was intended to be.

Also, better chop chop and remove those tradeskilled Cazic's Blood illusion potions from the game. They have a 30 minute recast, coupled with a focusable duration, and therefore people can look like Cazic-Thule all day long if they choose. Can't have people running around as a god for more than 10 minutes every 2 hours, right? Protected that one very closely too, did ya?

Your rationalization is WEAK.
  11. Crystilla Augur

Some questions and comments I have.

• By non extendable - does that mean it will also count down in places like the guild lobby, plane of knowledge, guild hall and housing?
    Comment wise, I'm disappointed that this has such a severe duration and reuse. I'd expect a long reuse (once an hour would be my expectation as every 2 hours means as for so many it can only be used once a day), but 10 minutes seems so severe of a duration (would have hoped at least 15-20 minutes or the 36 others are if the 2 hour reuse has to stay).
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

This game is 15 years old. You are running a skeleton crew of devs compared to years past. You are releasing bits and pieces of content under the guise of "staggered release is good for the game" because you aren't given the resources to do what has to be done. Servers have been merged a couple times and there are plenty of people that want or think it needs to be done again, i.e., shrinking player base and for sure a shrinking subscription base.

This is an illusion. It has no benefit other than "looking cool". There are so many illusions in the game, for sale, in LoN, that the ship has sailed on any real meaning to illusions (honestly, I see fewer people using them outside of guild lobby than ever these days, no one really cares, they go "ooh" and "ahh" over it when they get it, then stick it in a bag and never bother bringing it out.

The duration is fine. The recast is not. Protecting it as if its some ethical/moral issue? Its a skin for a player character in a game where there are probably more than 100 illusions available, and a ton of those have to be bought with cold hard cash.

Someone point blank asked you when it was first announced if the 10 minute duration was intended, you chose not to answer. You know darn well people looked in the spell data and saw a 6 second recast on the base effect that triggers the illusions, and there is no way you knew people were expecting it to be functionally just like the pirate mask. That was the perfect time to tell everyone about the limitations.

Why would we want an illusion that turns us into something we don't want to be, so that we click it off, then we can't click it again for 2 hours? Most people only play more than 2 hours a couple times a week max as is. A normal player could go weeks or months without ever even getting the illusion on them that they want, then they have it on long enough to go "oh that's cool" and then it fades. Its a joke.

What's grinding our gears isn't the fact you made an item with ridiculous limitations. We're used to that. We're angry because we paid a premium for it, then you throw this at us at the last minute. I wonder what you're going to get more of at fan faire, people complaining to you about this, or all the insane nerfs you put on test yesterday.

Or how about giving people the option of getting their money back over the next 48 hours if they are that angry about it.

Its an illusion. You let us turn into dragons, into just about every player race out there, different genders, change our name, our servers with impunity, let us turn into essentially the end boss from Luclin (shadowstone tiara), just an upgraded model basically of that. How is this different? Got some deal with LoN or the station cash "devs" that if you use eq gods in a non-limited item then those models are fair game or something?

Why are you so against fun? Its getting real late in the game to be pulling this kind of stuff.
    Garshok, Laozi, Pwning and 1 other person like this.
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

Great post. You can already become cazic thule with an in game item.

Not to mention that you have "god" "plushies" cheaply available to anyone. So I guess you can't illusion yourself as a god, but you can plaster them all over your house as dolls?
  14. Weebaaa Augur

I am consistently ashamed of the tantrums my fellow EQ players are capable of
    Obiziana and Mykaylla like this.
  15. Abazzagorath Augur

Well, you could do a charge back on a credit card. Issue is, you'd lose your eq account if you did that most likely (not sure since this isn't a sub/expansion purchase, so unsure how that would work). Their policy is to ban your account if you do a charge back until/unless you pay it back off and beg customer support.

That's the rub, $50 isn't worth quitting for many of us...yet.
  16. Abazzagorath Augur

How dare people complain about not getting something they paid for! Shocking behavior!
    Dhdcf, Laozi, OldCa61 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Dhdcf New Member

People have legitimate concerns. It's their money spent - not yours.
    OldCa61 and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  18. Torriadore Elder

When are refunds being opened back up on these? This hard line stance on duration was never shared when you were asking for them at $50 a piece.
  19. Skaff New Member

Then:

“Want To Look Like One of the Original EverQuest Gods?” [thread title of original announcement]

Now:
    “We don’t want players to be able to play as the gods of Norrath with these illusions up all of the time” [this thread]

Are you kidding me?
    Pwning likes this.
  20. SpamFactory Augur

This item was announced on May 9 and refunds were available until August 1. That is a reasonable amount of time to communicate such a critical piece of information to the community. Announcing this restriction AFTER the refund deadline is completely unacceptable

In my view the item needs to be changed into what people were expecting (i.e. remove restrictions) or the refund window needs to be extended.

I’m actually more upset with being misled and unable to get a refund then I am with the duration and recast. If the duration and recast are intended that’s fine I won't argue against that, but that’s NOT how this item was marketed and I should be able to receive a refund.