SOE Live Attendees to Receive Special Loot Card!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Laozi New Member

Umm. Some people probably spent as much money on this as buying a new iPad mini. Some people thought only the Premium Passes granted the item. So even $159 per one or more accounts? Not to mention individuals inviting family, friends, and guild mates for what they thought was a good opportunity. Even crazier, Guise was the deciding factor for some on the fence in going to Vegas.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  2. SpamFactory Augur

I think this is a good point too that needs to be emphasized. The item in question is:
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=76333

It's a cazic thule illusion with longer duration and shorter recast time than the guise.
  3. OldCa61 Augur

For me, it was the thing that made me register and pay for SOE Live
    Ruinedmyownlands likes this.
  4. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

Everything thats been happening lately is pure comedy. I wish more people were able to to see this. It's golden.
    YellowBelly and Wildjester like this.
  5. Qulas Augur

This should of been made clear when Roshen did a fluff piece about this back on May 8th. The title of the post was "Want To Look Like One of the Original EverQuest Gods?". Here is a link to the thread https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...ke-one-of-the-original-everquest-gods.210597/

In the thread it states the following:

He then goes on to push buying day passes in order to obtain this item:

He was in fact asked about this illusion and replied with the following:

So while it may not have been explicitly mentioned, it was definitely implied that this item was going to not have the outrageous restrictions of use that it has on it.

While previous fan faire items have always been party favor or fluff items, they have never been advertised as seriously as this item has been.

When you also factor in that the ability to get a refund for your Day Pass ended on August 1st, ( those same Day Passes that were being advertised by Roshen as the way to get this item ) came well before the actual details of the item being delivered.

Purposely or not you have severely mislead your player base, your customers with this item and with how it was advertised and handled. People feeling they have been bait and switched are fully justified with their claims.

This original announcement of this item was met with joy and jubilance. It has since been turned into feelings of fraudulence and disappointment.

Fix this.
    Termination, TheQxx, Riou and 2 others like this.
  6. SpamFactory Augur

OldCa61 likes this.
  7. Donroy Elder

Although I don't really believe that SOE intentionally tried to deceive us, this situation was handled very poorly. I bought my ticket knowing full well that I had no intention to go to Live and that it was purely for the guise. Much like many others stated above, I assumed that it would function like the eyepatch or the gnoll totem. Shame on me.

It's fine if the item is in line with Live prizes of years past but as far as I know, there's been no opportunity to receive the item without attending until now (could be wrong?). To charge full ticket price for a limited booby prize when you do not plan to attend shows poor decision making to me. Full disclosure on it's limitations should have been made clear a month ago. I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would NOT have bought my ticket had I realized the items restrictions.

Also, I read a couple of times above that someone asked about the 10 minute duration based on Lucy data awhile ago and received no reply. I can only hope the devs missed the question because to intentionally ignore it indicates malicious intent to me....

As mentioned by others, change the item to a standard illusion or allow me to get my money refunded.
    Ruinedmyownlands and OldCa61 like this.
  8. OldCa61 Augur

Not very funny when you have invested 15 years and thousands of dollars to play this game. All I ask is that Companies like Sony be honest when they are having a "Fan Fair"
    This is supposed to celebrate the CUSTOMERS !!!
    Geroblue likes this.
  9. Laozi New Member

I'd take an old world Gypsies illusion item if Gods are so sacred.
    Obiziana likes this.
  10. Zamiam Augur

I am reposting this from another thread .. I did not see this thread till i was directed to it .. sorry bout that .. also i did not know if we can delete a post once its been posted .

Hey just wanted to throw this out there.. I just read on the link on the front page of the EQ website about the clicky old world gods that fan fair attendees are going to get and also the persons who cannot attend will get an email so they can /claim one in game .. it was my understanding that this Item would be a clicky illusion they did not say anything about it being limited .. I bought a day pass only because of the clicky illusion , I knew i would not be able to make it to fan fair .
    Now I read that this clicky will have a duration of 10min will be unfocusable and have a 2 hour recast ? WTF why cant sony just make it a regular Illusion clicky with a 30min duration which can be focused with no recast delay .. I mean really sony is it that much to ask .. your really loosing steam with me.
    I spend hundreds of dollars a month on EQ between my 5 accounts , SC cards for marketplace purchases that does not include Expansions I purchase every year .. if this is not fixed between all the nerfs you guys are throwing out there I may just have to cancel all my sub's and say farewell to EQ .. you might say well ok np 1 person not paying is ok , well that 1 person will turn into 10 and then 100, 1000 etc.. get the picture.\
    sure there are those peeps who buy the fan fair ticket to actually go to fan fair , but there are those (more than a few ) who purchase tickets for the in game items just because they cant go to fan fair . those peeps who paid 170 bucks for a ticket to pre-order next expansion and get clicky or just those that pay for the day pass 50 to 60$ ..
    anyone else's thoughts on this ? and yes I know my grammer is not the best and prolly have paragraphs that need to be seperated .. I am not an english major . just wanted to rant and see who else feels the same way ..
  11. Zamiam Augur

Then Elidroth , you should of put the information upfront about the restrictions of the guise.. you did not . and you waited till after the refund period to post it .. Bad form on SoE's part I will not be dupped again .. if this is not corrected/refunded I will be contacting my bank and seeing if there is anything i can do to recover my cost if not you have lost a loyal customer who's been playing for 15 years..
  12. TheQxx Augur

Then honestly, you shouldn't have made the item. Too late, now deliver.

Also, let's keep in mind that this isn't the entire playerbase that can attain or posses this item; it's a very small portion that bought tickets to SoE Live.

Sorry, but that is ridiculous. You know how many things I've seen in this game go from 'sacred' to 'standard' over the years? UNCOUNTABLE. But this...this one is precious, right? This is the one sacred thing you guys just want to keep a handle on? Cut it out. You opened the floodgates by cheapening just about every single 'precious' thing in EverQuest over the years. There is no reason to try to apply olde thyme rules and views on something at this point especially under the light of false pretenses. You gotta eat this one; a meal fit for a god.

I'd be entirely happy with just getting my money back and not getting the item if it has restrictions on it. NOBODY WANTS THIS ITEM WITH ANY UNUSUAL RESTRICTIONS ON IT. Just so you guys know and aren't confused while you have a round table for alternative restrictions.
  13. Scowl New Member

I doubt you don't have an answer yet...and if you don't, EQ employees aren't doing their job correctly.

As for the "ability to turn into a god in EQ has been something we've protected VERY CLOSELY over the years" is a crap shoot of an excuse. Oh so now that you can these out for EXTRA MONEY from players it's alright? No, this was bait and switch, and it's not the first time you guys have been called out on this. You really expect people to buy this, when they can get beneficial stats from basically every illusion and mount you sell.

You guys look foolish, desperate, and shady. You really expect people to continue to trust you and give you money when things like this happen and your reply is "we don't have that answer yet?"

Maybe this and all the changes are part of a "forced transition into EQNext" plan, but I doubt the people you've pissed off here will want ANYTHING TO DO WITH SOE when they've been slapped in the face by the flagship game they've kept afloat for the past 15 years.

Just embarrassing~
  14. Laozi New Member

[IMG][IMG]

If there was some standard of immersion and sanctity of illusions, why has this thing been around for years?
    TheQxx likes this.
  15. Casidia Augur

I cannot blame SOE alone for this situation, this is degenerated on both sides.
    I would say the players who did this gambled and lost. You did not buy a ticket for the normal reasons, so it's hard to feel sorry.

You can still get 10 minutes of fun out of this.
    Which is all it should be, a fun item...or maybe not for some?
    If you buy an illusion for 50 bucks, that money cannot be serious money for you anyways.
    Acting as if it was robbery afterwards is cheap, suddenly the money counts.
    Spent on an item that cannot be taken serious, at all.
    I have given them enuf fire on these boards, but this is silly SOE did not cheat you if anything you cheated yourself.
  16. Laozi New Member

SOE aggressively marketed the Guise. Full information was not disclosed until AFTER the refund deadline. Apparently, Bait-and-Switch is completely justifiable in your view. Unlike caveat emptor on cars and homes (find a consultant), pre-ordered electronic goods are an interesting case because the seller has a monopoly on the information. The customer here made reasonable and good faith assumptions on the quality of the product (i.e. equivalent to Gunthak Eyepatch, Gnoll Totem). SOE was either horribly negligent or deceptive in their handling of this transaction.
    OldCa61 and Ruinedmyownlands like this.
  17. RangerDanger#1 Lorekeeper

LOL the fabled "Slippery Slope"......
  18. Zamiam Augur

NEW SoE Motto " Buyer beware"
  19. SpamFactory Augur

for most people it's not the money thats at issue here. it's expectations. People expected something very different from what they are getting. People feel like they were misled and deceived.

They never advertised the SOE live item ahead of time before. It was always awarded after the event as a bonus. This time it was advertised on the ticket sale and had pictures posted more than once and even listed on the SOE live site . The threads, SOE live FAQ, and emails from SOE live all contained wording that people who bought and did not attend would still get the item .

That's not gambling. Gambling would be if I bought a ticket last year just to get last year's item since I would have had no idea what the item was going to be last year when I bought the ticket. Previous SOE lives would just say "special in game item" in the promotional material with no description at all as to what you were going to get. This would be gambling since I wouldn't know if the item is going to be good or not. This year is different because we were told what we were getting but now we are learning that we weren't told everything important.

They also didn't announce that the item would have unlimited charges, but expecting it to have unlimited charges is not gambling. Likewise, people expected this to be no diffferent than the 100+ other illusion clickies out there.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  20. Casidia Augur

Yea so what, you should have expected it to be different from other Illus because it's a special item...or you could have asked if you worry about your money.
    The other Illus don't come with a ticket.

Not giving out permanent god illusions like candy is common sense, man we might as well turn this game into a kindergarten if i see Cazic Thule running around everywhere.
    Has any of you bothered thinking about those who would find this laughable?