So... Monks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sundance, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrillho Augur

Autoskills is going to be really nice for my keyboard and the destruction I wreak on my E key for mash, especially during Heel. I wonder if there will be any sort of delay with it. Forgot I didn't have a combat dummy in my GH in Test.

The overall crit increase buff is interesting, but for the class that gets the fewest crits out there it's a bit of an autoskill kick in the teeth. The gap between monks and other DPS increases.

It looks like they've gone and reduced DPS for other classes and slightly increased ours. Zerkers no longer get a boost with their <whatever it was> and Scarlet Cheetah, which is only going to reduce a 20ish minute refresh burn. Tanks now look like they're dishing out less DPS too. But I haven't tested any of it, and haven't had too much time to read into it yet.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Currently autofire of skills has a 20% fail rate to (this also applies if you are mashing your multibind every second tons of times)

IE you lose 1 in 5 Tiger claws and FKs.

Just throwing this out there incase you guys missed that in the Test patch notes thread and I didn't see anyone mention it here.

Getting that fixed thougg minor will also help your dps. Though I realize that's you folks need more than that just trying to be helpful.
  3. MrMajestykx Augur

losing 1 in 5 really isnt all that in the overall scheme of things over the ease of not wasting time killing each individual key you need to hit. its all comes out in the wash, shrug the help we need to fix our DPS, people would not need to know fun facts like losing 1 in 5 TC's, it wouldnt matter if we were on par to where we should.
  4. Riou EQResource

It will be nice to dump 2 hot buttons though to no longer spam press, on your fingers especially :p

Next expansion will add 2+ more that you will need to find room for on your bars though :p
  5. Vizula-Emarr Elder

Doeant the fact zerker and ranger dicho are no longer affect by scarlet cheetah sort of help? Or will be all rog gettin it?
  6. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

Sooo minimal DPS increase , but Aggro has been increased dramatically. At least that's what I and a few other monks have noticed
  7. Horyuken Augur

This, I know it's not the massive DPS increase that is garnering the additional agro. Last night in raids I was getting agro in situations where I have never pulled the ire of a mob.
  8. Horyuken Augur

So I have found the answer to this after looking at some logs. It looks like when your Alliance fires, Monk in this case, if you get the credit for the damage you also get the 2 million damage agro for it as well. GG FD. Two finger is also giving agro when it triggers.
  9. Snazster Elder

That explains it. Thanks for that Hory. That is going to be huge problem/disaster on raids as it was happening to me on every fight while boxing with my shaman and mercs. Everything normal, then I slam from low green aggro to hard red and no explanation.

Except I don't use alliance when boxing, it must have been 13 Fingers doing it to me.

Gotta hand it to Daybreak. They found a way to give us a little and penalize us a lot at the same time.

In related news, my boxed shaman's pet successfully tanked the named drolvarg captain in Lceanium with only a single merc healer. Mind blown. Gotten a bit of avoidance have they?
  10. Gilad Journeyman

I've got the solution. I'll put you, ren, derv, and whoever else we have as a monk in their own monk group. Will add you guys to extended to throw you 90% rezzes when you yank agro and die.
  11. kyong Augur

Let's be optimistic and see if they change the agro + a few other improvements.

Is anyone else thinking that after seeing 13 fingers crit for nearly 700k with first spire running that perhaps this had never been working right in the past. Perceived damage is more. Gut tells me it never crit'd before changes but how could you possible know.
  12. Thrillho Augur

Another reason not to use Alliance. Huge endurance drain to start, and now Russian Roulette with raid mobs.

I'll be sure to add it to my blocked list until it gets fixed :/.
  13. HeatherPurrs Augur

I've noticed the agro increase and it's ridiculous and not needed. I was ripping agro off a SK tank the last two nights... This was a very bad thing.
  14. Bamboompow Augur

Why post this?
  15. MrMajestykx Augur

because stupid is as stupid does, lil trolls like that need to post stuff like that to feel relevant
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. Picard Journeyman

Hi there precious!! I'd like to add another post so there is something else you have to read if for no other reason to make you read it so maybe you can also post something else that the rest of us can read and be entertained by in that seriously stupid kind of way that makes your stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

Other than that I know one of the monks who did it and it wasn't 100 years ago and yes it was the same monk that many others here know about. Frankly I thought it was beast mode but whatever! I'm pretty sure there was more than one monk who pulled it off so thanks for playing and watch for cars when you cross the street little Petey! LOL
  17. Snazster Elder

Yup. Gorenaire turned completely around and fried me last night--lo green aggro just before it happened. On the other hand, I did get high parse on her for a 54 man raid -- but I usually was before the patch so not really sure I'm seeing anything to justify saddling us with instant boss one-shots.
  18. Lisard Silly

Feel like nothing really changed, aside from nerfing everyone around us and then this new non-cumulative stuff. I looked thru my old parses and my numbers are the same lol before and after this patch. so honestly idk lol. but hey at least they are acknowledging how suck monks are. maybe there is more to come.
  19. Thrillho Augur

4% increase, and 400% aggro increase. Totally worth it.

I always try to gank aggro from tanks on raids when we're fighting trash. Especially if I've got Earthforce up. I'll creep my way up to 50+ aggro, then pop FPP and send a tell to the tank to piss 'em off. It's a nice game - keeps me always trying to pump out as much DPS as I can, and keeps the tanks on their toes. (No, I don't do it on critical mobs that need to be positioned properly).

Last night's raids had me at 90 aggro, multiple times, without popping a single disc. Autoattack + mash key. So now my damage output is effectively nerfed, since I have to FD / ID more to drop aggro. Only on named fights where a warrior is dumping all their aggro abilities onto the mob do I feel somewhat comfortable with doing a full burn.

Didn't even use Alliance. Only two monks on last night's raids anyway, but there was no way we were going to pop that mess. Again, effectively lower DPS from this update.

If the aggro is to remain the same, we need a significant (read: double) increase to our DPS. There's no reason we should be this high with our current DPS output.
  20. dwish Augur

You feel like nothing has changed because nothing really has changed as far as DPS goes. Since the latest patch, zerkers are still dominating with no competition, same as before. On sustained especially, our zerkers seem to be doing right at what they were doing before the patch. Yet now, all the other melee are doing a little bit lower damage as well. The patch was completely pointless as far as DPS changes goes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.