So... Monks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sundance, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sundance New Member

Now that on Test server Shamans can double/triple up Monk sustained DPS without much effort at all, how about the most neglected class in the game get some love?

I mean it was RoF since the last time Monks were actually shown any kind of affection at all with the creation of the Thunderfoot AA, which was promptly neutered to only fire on the single press of FK, but still....

I'll even say the magic word... Please?
    Kanuvan, Zvenn, Povarmonk and 2 others like this.
  2. MrMajestykx Augur

I approve of this message.

Can monks please for the love of all things holy just get a little something?? Not asking for God mode but we have been not but cut for like IDK 2 expansions now?? and THEN no belts( yes again I m saying it) without dps focus unless we keep a belt a expansion old. Just a little something, throw us a bone for a change.
    Thank you sincerely,

The Monk Community
    Povarmonk likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

have shamans out parsed a cleric merc before this?
  4. Kravn Augur

Agreed, Monks need their previous 2h block nerf reversed, and need about a 10-15% sustained DPS boost.
    Ishtass and MrMajestykx like this.
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Maybe next expac Monks. That's how much faith I have that the devs will listen. :(
    Ishtass likes this.
  6. MrMajestykx Augur

7. Gelido Lorekeeper

#monklivesmatter
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  8. Password1234 Augur

What was it that prompted the staff block nerf in the first place? It seemed to come out of nowhere.
  9. sojero One hit wonder

Just be patient, everything is falling into place. Nerf TF, nerf DF, nerf staff block, stagnate dps.......it was all so that you would not be OP with blood drinkers! Now that that is nerfed, you will get something next xpac..........oh wait, monks, nah you get to fd at the bottom of the pile :)
  10. fransisco Augur

The Staff block nerf happened because it had a MUCH higher blockrate than shield block - which didn't make sense, since 2h > dps than 1h and shield.
    So staff block was reduced.

To put this in context, staff block was designed for casters since they get utterly destroyed by mobs (not in raid gear).
    Monks were given a few lvls of it just because, but the skill was not designed for them.
  11. dwish Augur

And Beastlords too!! Pretty please!!
  12. dwish Augur

Actually bards are probably the class that absolutely needs the most love in game and I don't think it's even close.
    skattabrainz and Cactuszach like this.
  13. fransisco Augur

How?
    Bards are competitive with tier3 dps classes (bl, ranger, ect).
    Yet they are an adps class.
    They should never be a significant dps class due to all their abilities. Its the same idea as a cleric doing high dps. Its not what their class was made for.
  14. Cactuszach Elder

Praise Veeshan, THIS
  15. Cactuszach Elder

[IMG]
  16. valiantSeven Elder

[IMG]
  17. Triconix Augur

First, I didn't know those classes were considered tier 3 dps classes. Second, bards get embarassed by those classes.

Tanks out dps bards.
  18. MrMajestykx Augur

EPIC lol keep lookin at this for a laugh while at work.
  19. fransisco Augur

Tank dps overall is about 2x too high.
  20. Sancus Augur

But tanks have quite a bit of DPS now ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.