So... Monks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sundance, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarcogian Augur

Can we get some sort of something. Please. I don't want to raid on a shaman. The intent was to fiddle with this toon until monks stopped being bad. Well, now I'm almost geared and my important aa's are nearly done on the shaman. Forever R.I.P monks. Shaman lfguild in 2 months.
  2. MrMajestykx Augur

either or gimme a shout I got a spot for ya :)
  3. Kanuvan Elder

Its kind of odd to see class get neglected whill other classes continue to recieve power creep that are not even pure melee dps
  4. Fohpo Augur

[IMG]
    Savager likes this.
  5. Snazster Elder

Sometime back I suggested that no one at Daybreak actually plays a monk as their main. Thinking further on that, with 16 classes, do you reckon Daybreak even has 16 folks working in EQ1 development and support? Or that they would all play a raid level character of a different class, if they all even played EQ?

Sounds like a brilliant time to hire 16 part-time consultants. If they had a wide variety of experience in other MMOs that would be a bonus, and more so if they had any knowledge of software development. If they stopped raiding, they would be replaced.

I'll just go wait by my phone now. (Probably going to be a long wait but, hey, I've been playing for 18 years, what's another few decades?)
  6. Ishtass Augur

I think monks could use more dps
  7. kyong Augur

I don't think this was mentioned, could we get our Dichotomic recast lowered to 1 minute?

Every time I think of how cool our Thunderfoot was before the "fix" I get depressed.

A microcosm - How is it even possible that our dragon balance recast is around 20 minutes while my rogues hidden blade is 60 seconds. It's just such a sad state.

Having a 105 rogue and 105 monk both in TBM / EOK raid gear is just eye opening. I laughed hard when my rogue got even more extending ranks of rogues fury. Also I was like wth when rogues got assassin's premonition.

30 second mend that is worth less in EoK than a 6 minute mend in Ruins of Kunark FTL.
  8. Orangemilk New Member

From the latest patch notes:

Veteran's Wrath goes from 210% at rank 27 to 225%.
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

See also:
    Made a change to Empires of Kunark 'Alliance' spells that deal damage and the Monk combat ability 'Curse of the Thirteen Fingers' so that the damage dealt by the 'Fulmination' of these abilities will now credit the appropriate player.
    - Monk - Increased the damage modifier of ranks 10-17 of Innate Innerflame from 52-66 to 53-70%.
    And
    - Added the ability for level 61 and higher level players to automatically activate basic combat skills (Backstab, Bash, Frenzy, Kick, Tiger Claw, etc) while auto-attacking

Minor stuff, really.
  10. Hickers Elder

If that's it, that's pretty insulting...
  11. kyong Augur

Hopefully just the start of numerous changes over the next few patches.
  12. Riou EQResource

The only downside will be when you don't have the 3 monks to proc the Fulmination, while every other class has enough to do so and on parses they go up while you stay generally the same :p
    Xeladom, Symbius and Sancus like this.
  13. p2aa Augur

For guilds that have only 1 active monk raiding (because the class is not in a good state atm) the alliance thing is not a boost for sure :)
  14. kyong Augur

Anyone on test ? Let us know how this effects our monks special attacks etc. I wonder how this effects others as well.

All - Glyph of Destruction and Glyph of the Cataclysm now grant a non-cumulative increase to all melee skills rather than a cumulative bonus to the primary weapon skills.
  15. Symbius Augur

Kind of feel like the patch was just an attempt to placate the Monks. It's nice they looked at it and will gladly accept whatever I can get.

However, I don't see these very tiny little adjustments producing much of anything, which is a shame because I doubt it's even given a second thought by them now.

Pretty much needed a big meaty bone and only got a tiny little biscuit.
  16. MrMajestykx Augur

The bone has been thrown .....

[IMG]
  17. Hickers Elder

So, Innate Innerflame, which affects all melee combat, gets a 4% boost. So if im doing 100k dps before, i'll now do 104k dps. When named mobs have upwards of 50 million hp, excuse me if I fail to get excited about 4k dps :(

In fact, when you get down to the weeds of it, so many of our discs/abilities are trash. Take Torrent of Fists for example. 3 Tiger Claw attacks. Without any ADPS, you may be lucky for these 3 strikes to hit for a total of 30-60k. With the 30 second recast, thats a grand total of 1-2k added dps. And this is a level 104 ability. Seriously?

Does anyone with a bit of parsing knowledge fancy setting up a before and after test of these new changes? I've got a feeling the results are going to be pretty underwhelming. My only hope is that people are right, and this is only the start of the changes DB are going to bring about.
  18. MrMajestykx Augur

AGREED...hence refer to my post before yours, thats all it was.
  19. mageface New Member

so many pages..........Hey monks here is a tip.....know one cares about you....the last thing a monk did that anyone noticed was solo naggy at level 52 like 100 years ago
    Metanis likes this.
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

OOH MR RELEVANCE SPEAKS, ALL HAIL AND BOW IN SERVITUDE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.