So... Monks.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sundance, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fransisco Augur

???

Zerkers could lose 50% of their dps and still be one of the top 3 classes in the game (zerker, sk, and warrior)
  2. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Quit complaining Fransisco, #ZerkerLivesMatter
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

Co-tanking... I like it. Easy to fit it to a narrative. But it is raid mostly?
  4. roth Augur

I'm not qualified to comment on the rest of the post, but this part, I'm fairly certain is incorrect.

There are basically two levels of crit rate capability. There is the "can crit naturally" and "cannot crit naturally". Warriors can crit all weapons naturally, as can Berserkers. Rangers can crit Archery attacks naturally, but not melee or thrown. Rogues can crit Thrown naturally, but not archery or melee.

The first few ranks of Veteran's Wrath were different based on the class' ability to crit. Because Warriors/Berserkers could crit more in melee, they got a smaller bump up from VW than everyone else.

This is speculative, but I believe later on the CF ranks all equalized crit rates, and thus VW's crit multiplier increase got equalized as well.

Any differences you see today in crit rate will come from gear (worn focus), base Dex (provided by HDex and other effects that bump base Dex), and any buffs that bump crit rates. So if you are seeing a difference in crit rate between your character and another, those would be the reason, not an inherent deficiency in crit rate for one class or another.
  5. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Just stop bro, lol i can't tell if your serious or not, but regardless im laughing at this "im farly certain is incorrect" then posting an incorrect statement following it.
  6. RangerGuy Augur

Crit rate from combat fury for zerkers is 252%.
    Crit rate for rogues from combat fury is 225%.
    Crit rate for monks from combat fury is 150%. Which is the same as knights which are melee hybrids.

Nevermind activatable crit rate to further this gap.
    Ishtass and Kittyzerk like this.
  7. Tenaka Lorekeeper

I'd like to hear from a Dev what they actually think a monk is supposed to do on raids besides these two things. DPS and stay alive. DPS and stay alive.....that's all I ever did on raids as a top end monk (once raids required no pulling anymore), stay alive and DPS till everything is dead.

Now if the developers had some other vision of what monks should be doing on raids to warrant this kind of gap in dps I'm all ears. Please enlighten us to your vision. If not, then you must agree we are meant to do this one thing well on raids...DPS, fix it please.
  8. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Its too hostile for Devs to enter this chat cause they have no reasoning. They know it and hence you won't hear from them here.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

You are absolutely wrong.

Go over to raid loots AA parser.
    Ishtass likes this.
  10. fransisco Augur

Since you are representing the most overpowered class, I feel the need to ask why you are policing this thread?
  11. Fohpo Augur

Since you're just complaining about zerks and tanks, I have to ask why you're policing the police?
    Sheex and Kittyzerk like this.
  12. Kittyzerk Lorekeeper

Policing? No, Stating my opinion yes. I agree we are overpowered we could use a minor downgrade with our dps, but then we go into the factor "well that's all we have." They have this! They have that! Monk's are in the same boat frankly, i support monk's. My brother is a monk. I tease him all the time that next expansion they will release even more pet aa's. In the end, no one is ever going to be happy or content. As for my last post on Devs won't come here, its the truth they do read it, i have no doubt about that. However, they will not post in here sorry to burst your bubble Franky.
  13. roth Augur

So I see. They changed things on me when I was not looking (CF4+).
  14. Snazster Elder

Yup, given that this is now the zerker mission (or is theirs: "Do DPS and don't care about dying?") monks need an addition, or one of the old ones restored, or whatever . . . PLUS more DPS.
  15. Savager Augur

Same group on a raid encounter, the berserker can die up to three times with me not dying at all and I'll still be outparsed by him. I'm just there to click my horn of unity when its my turn so he doesn't run out of endurance. :p

P.S. - I'm not at all calling for nerfs to berserkers, I just wanted people to laugh at the horn of unity joke.
    Thrillho, Kittyzerk and MrMajestykx like this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

4/10 sir. You had both phallic and fecal horn related options available to joke with but did not utilize. Swing and a miss!
    IblisTheMage and Dre. like this.
  17. Behelit Augur

You heard it straight from a Monk! Monks have 3 times the survivability of Zerkers, everythings balanced.

/sarcasm for the many that will overlook
    Sancus and Ishtass like this.
  18. kyong Augur

How about a 30 second cast time, long recast meditation ability for monks that returns you to your corpse with full HP / END?
  19. Ishtass Augur

It would take complete invulnerability for me to be happy with having our dps be this bad ;)
  20. Thrillho Augur

Only beneficial if we die, which ideally isn't that often. And only really beneficial in raids if you're zerging to get a win when the final guy is at 1%. Otherwise during a wipe you wait for your whole raid force to get back & full HME / buffs. It would be nice to not have to do a corpse run during group play though, but I'd still leave this in the novelty column.

It would be nice if melee could get some sort of mod rod for endurance. There have been plenty of them for mana users across the years, and plenty of abilities as well (rallying call, quiet remedy). If these work at all on melee users, they're only a fraction of the return of endurance vs. mana. Rallying call = 6000 mana / tick, 1000 or 2000 end / tick, if I recall correctly. Personally, my endurance pool is ~160k without buffs. Mana users are 180-190k (per Magelo). The game wasn't always as taxing on endurance as it is now, so endurance mod rods weren't necessary. They are now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.