Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Gimple Elder

Yet, people exist that try to fight this kind of thinking everyday. It may be the "reality" but at the same time, it is almost universally seen as corrupt and wrong. If Americans, as a whole, gave in to this way of thinking, how many events in our history would have turned out differently? Boston Tea Party, the Civil War, Human rights movement in the 60's!? (talking about your second comment here)

As far as EQ goes, until the "people" that hold more than one account out number the "people" that don't...I don't see voting "1 vote per account" as being a good system.

(show me actual numbers that reflect that Multi-account holders are the majority, NOT opinion...can't do that? Then I'll ride with the consensus that the multi-account holders are the minority....which is what many were claiming in thread arguments against the practice of "boxing".)
  2. Aneuren Tempered Steel

So you really don't care if the initial vote wasn't representative.

So we don't need a new vote at all then. Because it doesn't matter if it was flawed. Because you don't care if it adequately reflects what the majority of players want.
    Drexll likes this.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

4. Gimple Elder

Ya know should really just "cut to the chase" here and point out the "elephant in the room"...

People with multiple accounts burn through content MUCH faster than people playing with 1 account. This is why multiple account holders(let's call it MAH's) want xpacs released faster, plus they require more "room" and xpacs provide that.(without exception, each raid boss downed, as a server first, had it done because of a MAH person. That is undisputed because the record indicates how each boss was downed as a server first)

People with single accounts(let's call it PSA's) go through slower because it take much for coordination to get through content in even a party setting if everyone is PSA. They want things to stand aas the release schedule was declared when the TLP's were launched.

Neither side cares about the other's point of view, but they SHOULD.

Some sort of compromise needs to be reached, regardless of the voting system.(compromise in that neither side gets everything they want) Not 6 months? not 3 months?...maybe 4 or 5? or 4 1/2?;> hehe
  5. Gimple Elder

This post PURE opinion....so warned...

I don't know for sure, but if you think about it...I bet most MAH's exist on TLP's because of Krono...who are buying the Krono? The PSA'a do because the MAH's dominate the spawns and progress faster(in tradeskills also)...so if your talking about the right to have a vote count more because of money paid to DBG....who is to say it is still the PSA's giving them more "money" paying for the Krono's the MAH's eat up like candy!?

Who is to say that the PSA's aren't the ones that actually have MORE buying power as a whole because of Krono?....thus it is THEM, not the MAH's that deserve more voting power?....Hmmm.....???
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Drexll Augur

Not entirely. I single box, yet I know I'll be 50 and out of things to do for MONTHS before Kunark if we stick with the 6 month plan. Leveling is far too easy compared to what it was in real classic for us to be stuck in "classic" era content for 6 months.

When the vote was held, people didn't take these things into consideration. Back in the day you didnt see armies of lvl 50s downing raid bosses TWO WEEKS into the server launch, no matter how much and powerleveling even the most dedicated of basement-dwelling neckbeards did. 6 months of classic-only content given current player power and in-game mechanics that were never present in true classic just doesnt work.

Again, I am a (proud!) single-boxer.
  7. Weverley Augur

I would argue that casuals gonna still be playing while the hardcore that are already max level or near gonna just go play on live til kunark open. So no money lost.On the other hand get a kunark release early and many casuals disgusted and leave so tons of subs loss and possibly never coming back.It's a very big moment of truth for daybreak.
  8. beyrak Augur

For sure, and classic now is very, very boring. Many, many will be bored too death before six months is up. They say differently now, but that will soon change.
    Drexll likes this.
  9. Gimple Elder

Good point...but also, as a PSA, if you want other characters, you'll need to level them one at a time. A MAH does it all in one shot.(maybe 2 at most for 12 total characters maxed out)

Of course, if you only play 1 character, with no alt characters, your point is very strong...a flaw in my logic was the assumption a PSA would have more than one character, eventually...I still think my argument was reasonable with all that said.
  10. Weverley Augur

11. Gimple Elder

MAH=Multiple Account Holder
    PSA =People with Single Accounts

It'll catch on....NOT....but hey...no worries;> I defined it in a previous post because I was tired of typing it all the way out;>
    Drexll likes this.
  12. Greymere Augur

They had Sleeper/Combine that unlocked as each expansion's raid targets were downed, players wailed it was too fast.

Fippy/Vulak had 3 months with votes and the majority of players still felt it was too fast.

Roshen, said given the choice the longer period has always been the majority vote.

So now we get a 6 month vote and the minority that liked the 1.0, 2.0 pace are unhappy they might have to wait around while the folks that enjoy a slower pace could care less since the way they see it the people that wanted faster got faster twice now, that about sum it up for you.
    Fallfyres and Aneuren like this.
  13. Gimple Elder

I think my "opinon" post makes people uneasy...when thinking of the voting system debate....heh

I win!
  14. Detheb Augur

Except that on Ragefire, there was only 3 boxed characters at all on basically all of the server first, except for Eye of Veeshan, when i dont think we even had one? Also, I dont box, and i hit 50 pretty easily, and have downed all the raid content, np. Tanked most of it actually.

Also, you cannot claim that boxes are not representative of the server population for a vote AND still use the arguement that this server has more people than any other EQ server. You can't claim one without the other basically. So saying that they shouldn't have a vote is fine, but then the vote really needs to be redone considering how many boxes(I would venture to say that probably 1/10 of the server is boxes). Your argument is getting weaker Aneuren!
  15. Gimple Elder

You quoted me, then responded to Aneuren....I am not responsible for their logic.

I do realize the part you were talking to me about, though. (The boxed toons involved in raid content) You start by saying, "Except that on Ragefire"...I just want to make that clear, and I understand that and all it implies...

Also keep in mind it is not just if they are "present at the time of the raid encounter"...common practice is boxing toons through the leveling process, gearing them up in mid level content(while boxing) preping for raid content, and THEN the actual raid....whether they are being "boxed at the time of the raid boss" or not, still does not refute the impact boxing has on the process in it's entire scope overall.

In short, a toon leveled/geared up boxing in prep for a raid boss...and THEN played as a single account character in the raid does not count as boxing NOT having influence in the rate raid content is consumed.
    Fallfyres and Drexll like this.
  16. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Not at all. My argument here is that people are claiming the initial vote was flawed (such as yourself). Without ceding that point, since it is your burden to prove it conclusively with hard fact, I am saying that if you can prove the initial vote results - as they currently stand - do not represent what the majority of the players on this server want - as they exist now without boxes - I am not against a revote at that point, but you then need to figure out a way to prevent against box votes.

1) If the vote does not represent the majority of the people playing on this server; then
    2) Any second vote must make sure that it does.

And then my follow up question becomes, how often are you now going to institute a revote to make sure that it remains the desire of the majority of the population? A few days? A week? A month?
  17. beyrak Augur

A real cackle will emerge if one server votes to progress and the other doesn't. Regardless of when the vote is, that is a possibility. At that time, we had better be able to transfer to the server that is progressing as I will not want to stay on a dying, stagnant server.
    Drexll likes this.
  18. Fhiele Augur

I'm happy at 5.5 or so months to Kunark vote. That'll give me time to level, maybe get into a couple of planes raids(no Gods of course, I'm not TL or Faceless) for basic gear and max some tradeskills. Maybe even level an alt or two so I'm not stuck with an underpowered mage come Luclin.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  19. Radloh Lorekeeper

Fippy/Vulak had 3 months with votes and the majority of players still felt it was too fast.

If they felt it was too fast why did they keep voting to unlock the next expansion?
    Drexll likes this.
  20. Drexll Augur

Yeah, Ive always, since "back in the day" played a necro and nothing else. I'm a die-hard, card-carrying member of the "once you've played a necro, why play anything else?" crowd, heh. Used to write guides for eqnecro.com (as Drexll) back in the day. I LOVE the class, the mechanics, playstyle, etc. Have little to no desire to do much of anything else.

I DO have a shaman alt now. Not entirely by choice. I came to Lockjaw with a friend I met on P99, and she wants to duo our necros and level together... annnnd she doesn't have as much time to play as I do, so there's that.. but once we get a little higher and there can still be a little bit of a difference in our levels and us still group (and have it be worthwhile for both parties) I'll be spending less and less time on the Shammy.

I do admit tho, Shammy is decent fun. TBH, tho, it's the ONLY other class I'd ever had an interest in maybe playing, so I'll not be raising a ton of alts. I want my necro main to be badass... the Shammy will get there as he gets there in between taking care of my beloved main.