Six Months Seems Like A Long Long Time

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Phased Sullon Zek, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Phased Sullon Zek Lorekeeper

Would there be any chance in the possibility of making either Ragefire or Lockjaw on a shorter progression than 6 months? It just seems like that all the content is pretty trivial now compared to how it was 16 years ago with all the changes to game mechanics that have taken place since then. I mean Lockjaw has been our for 3 days and people are already clearing end game content.

You could have one server be the slow progression one and the other be a fast progression one? I really love the idea of these progression servers but it just feels like if they are allowed to get stagnant where everything is on farm status for a prolonged period of time a good deal of the player base may lose interest and it would hurt the servers populations.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

It would be funny if the thing that pushes us over the top towards faster progression is the desire to get us to an expansion where mages aren't so dominant. And also if that causes the community to want to skip straight to PoP on future TLP.
  3. Nickatropolis Augur

I think 6 months give people ample time to get a few toons to level 50 and for each expansions can probably do 2-3 toons all the way through on a 6 month period.
  4. Valkerine Augur

The majority will never want to jump over Kunark and Velious.
  5. Detheb Augur

Mages lose their dominance really in Kunark, but especially in Velious. Starting in Velious would be a pro way to go though.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  6. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Six months IS along time. But, it will give you time to max your main and farm up gear (or plat to buy that gear), work your tradeskills in prep for the shawl quest, and even play a few classes you may not have tried in the past.
    Wesleypipes77 and Fallfyres like this.
  7. vardune Augur

6 months is perfect. Play alts, craft and just have fun. Its not all about leveling.
  8. Shivuncle Journeyman

6 months is too long. Everyone will be 50 come August and a good chunk will be 50 this month. I say open up Kunark in Sept or Oct. I do not think they speed it up until they see a decline in log ins when everyone is 50.
  9. Dontee Elder

6 months seems good to me, highest toon is level 18 :)
  10. Glistarian Augur

And then eveyone be 60 in a week and what then?
    Nickatropolis and Fallfyres like this.
  11. Katmandu26 Augur

Many, like myself, will be voting no for opening the expansions sooner. All of them.
  12. Kunon Augur

Welcome them to the reality that Live Servers have had for the past forever. 1 - 2 months of content for a year. All the instancing only makes the distinction between the two less for better or worse.
  13. Gythlen Augur

No. Why we bringing this up again? Not everyone is in a damn race to level for phat loots. Ugh.
  14. Machen New Member

Which soon to arrive expansion will that be?

If you think the mage armies are bad now, just wait till they all have epics!
  15. Kravitz Augur

I am so glad you all voted on getting a TLP server with max nostalgia, enjoy your 6 month wait!:D
  16. Glistarian Augur

I plan too, thanks. Plenty to do.
  17. Banuvan Augur

6 months is gonna be needed to kill raid targets and farm up BiS gear. Why people want to move on so quickly? Unless you have done it all ( which is only TL so far and they aren't even BiS in every slot ) then why would you want to rush past it all?
  18. EQ_Scotty Journeyman

They may be willing to adjust the 6 months lock; however, we need to wait it out and see how the population is. It's all a guessing game on how this is going to play out.

The content is very trivial; the challenge has been almost all but removed from this game for sure. Thankfully, the combat system is still pretty solid.
  19. Weverley Augur

Ppl have spoken if u want membership to drop put faster opening of xpac after Pop half the pop going away do we want that no way. Might not be what u want but its what gonna get more money to daybreak.
  20. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Mages are the problem in classic.. Monks are the problem in kunark... AC caps are the problem from velious - SoD.... These are TLP servers, the point is to play the content, not to play it "how it was"... it will never be that way again.. All content will be trivial and beaten in the first 2 weeks an expansion opens until UF hits.. Anyone who has played a TLP server knows 6 months is WAY too long to be in any expansion.. but this is what was voted for, so we all get too eat it..
    Rhiyannon likes this.