Shaman DoTs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinchos, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Old Man Elder

As a non-raiding casual player and member of a lower dps group, and an occasional two boxer with Shaman as my primary, lower dps Dots kinda matter enough to post a lot about it :)
  2. Brunlin Augur

When the beta server comes out and they are looking for feedback I'm sure this will be one of the things they will hear from players. If they can scale mage pets for progression, than Im sure they can implement something for the dots on the progression servers or level 60 and below.
  3. Old Man Elder

This issue is one of 800+ unaddressed issues on the tracker, and devs haven't said a word here. Shaman will just have to accept that your already weak Dots do less damage and no longer stack.
  4. Galleyan Augur

I'll say that their dead silence (even in the Live Bugs thread) is probably a pretty clear indication of disinterest in changing it. Fixing the Achievements was a significantly higher priority. :rolleyes:
    Taladir likes this.
  5. Old Man Elder

Dead silence make live shammies sad :( Help us, Obi Wan DBG. You're our only hope.

This is the issue tracker: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450 <--- Vote to help shammies here!
  6. Sharnhorst Journeyman

Let's spam Aristo till he gives us an answer :p

I sent him another PM, still no reply.
  7. Old Man Elder

It would be nice to know it's being looked at. According to the tracker (vote on it!) there's no progress :(
  8. Daykin Journeyman

Would be nice if they at least addressed it. At least shamans and druids have a secondary job, so they only partially destroyed those classes on tlp. If they do this to necros next patch that class is useless.
    Old Man likes this.
  9. steiner Augur

some others were assuring me shaman will be fine on TLP? are you sure they are destroyed? i wanted to play one this time around but after playing war live/pal phinny /sk p99 i dont want to feel like i got screwed over again. i want something that can solo or grp very well. if i cant solo well now with a shaman im back to square 1 and considering a hybrid...
  10. Daykin Journeyman

s

You basically lost some damage when soloing. You didnt lose your pet, your slow/cripple etc. On TLP through Pop right now, shaman dots cannot stack and do slightly less damage then before. I know shamans that didnt stack dots, so the decrease is marginal to them soloing. If you'd stack 2 or 3 poison dots..your loss is extreme.
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Well, you used to be able to stack Blood of Saryrn (335/tick) with Bane of Nife (132/tick) for a total of 593 damage per tick. Now you can cast Blood of Saryrn only for 271 damage per tick.

So if by "some damage" you mean 54% of our poison DoT damage, then you are correct.
  12. Taladir Augur

Your total numbers are correct, but old Bane of Nife was actually 258/tick. When you consider that VT shaman had access to Ancient: Scourge of Nife, it actual dials the total up to 630/tick, compared to the single Blood of Saryrn for 271/tick, which is a 57% damage reduction.

The long and short of it is the nerf was dramatic and not well-tuned for TLP's. Hopefully they have the resources and wherewithal to correct it.
  13. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

14. Ambee Elder

Pretty ridiculous they refuse to even comment on if this is intended or not.
  15. Old Man Elder

On Ragefire server in Luclin, this took our only halfway decent DPS DoT (Bane of Nife) and basically cut the damage in half, to where it's now doing less than our slow burn mana-saving disease DoT. And no more stacking. At what point does the nerf hammer become absurd? They've taken away about 75% of the dps which the class can produce. Why not make it 90% or 99%? Why stop at 75% damage nerf to an entire class and say "job well done"?

Please vote for DBG to address the issue here: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450
  16. Sharnhorst Journeyman

Very disappointed with the silence on an obvious bug (or wrong patch notes).

Can a Dev please let us know if this was intentional?
    Old Man likes this.
  17. Old Man Elder

18. steiner Augur

@eqdevs
    Old Man likes this.
  19. Galleyan Augur

It's Monday again. Time for a new round of attempting to get a response on this.
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Dev response please.