Shaman DoTs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinchos, Mar 15, 2017.

1. steiner Augur

@eqdevs
    Old Man likes this.
  2. steiner Augur

So don't play a shaman on agnarr? Whoops they just lost my business
    Old Man likes this.
  3. Old Man Elder

Well, you can play a shaman but be prepared to wonder why your high dps short duration poison DoT is instead a low dps short duration poison DoT, and you have no high dps DoT's at all.

Meanwhile DBG is telling you (in its release notes) that now your DoT now does substantially more damage. Half the dps + same duration = substantially more damage! Sigh.

Please vote for DBG to address this issue here: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450

Devs, are you listening?
  4. eqzekisdead Augur

I feel bad for shamans, they were already the 2nd worst class to play on TLPs.

I hope the devs decide to give them something.
  5. MBear Augur

I'm sure steiner can overcome that.
  6. Machentoo Augur

It's just a glitch, he can ignore it, pretend the mob he dotted is already dead and go on to the next one. It will work out just fine.
  7. steiner Augur

How are they second worst on tlp??
  8. steiner Augur

I mean I crunched the numbers for like two weeks and there new spells, on paper, seem to do a lot of damage per mana and require extra patience and roots. And they also do a lot more dmg than on p99, and I'm sure there pets are broken, too.

If they are severely bad I'd appreciate the heads up because I got a few other classes I'd like to try if that's the case
  9. steiner Augur

That's not the glitch that was found. The glitch that was found was the buff bar not displaying and the mob perma fleeing. This can cause all kinds of problems.
  10. steiner Augur

ive thought about launching a 'shaman are bad on tlp post-nerf' campaign to get devs to look at it... and also so nobody else goes shaman and i end up being the only non-boxed shaman haha. :rolleyes:
  11. Old Man Elder

I don't care about the stacking. It's great that they corrected stacking exploits. I care that the shaman's best DoT on Ragefire, Bane of Nife, does a whopping 125 per tick now or whatever it is. Soloing is slower, and the viability of even memorizing a DoT is in question. "Utility classes" should be at least viable in their utility function.
  12. steiner Augur

I think it's more mana efficient now?
  13. Moonii Elder

Test update is out. Zero mention of how totally they ruined shaman dots. Silver lining I guess us they didn't sink necros yet
    Taladir likes this.
  14. Galleyan Augur

Here, let me answer this for them...

No.
  15. Moonii Elder

No kidding. Had hoped the fact that they have completely ignored the negative effects to dots for tlp was because they were patching it...nope
    Old Man likes this.
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

17. Vindicate Elder

Damage and Casting times are for examples only, not to reflect actual in game values.

Stacking all the old dots = 1700 dmg per tick
    New consolidated dot = 1500 dmg per tick
    Devs do you see this you nerfed our dps! = an incorrect statement.

So, you're trying to tell me that

(Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown (Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown (Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown (Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown (Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown (Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown = 24 sec minimum before full damage is applied, if and only if you get a dot tic the next second after the final cast is completed.

is better DPS than

(Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown (Cast 3 sec) + global cooldown = 6 sec minimum for maximum damage to be applied if and only if you get a dot tic the first second after the final casting time is completed.

????

I'm not buying what you're selling! Even with greatly reduced values there is no way you're doing substantially less DPS until the fights drag waaaay on out. I'd love to see some parse data backing up anything you guys are saying. You can't just add up the damage numbers listed on the tooltips from the old and new and say "They nerfed the DPS!" that is absolutely inaccurate.

I'm not trying to invalidate anything anybody is saying here, some of you might very well be spot on with your arguments. I just haven't seen anybody put any effort into a solid answer or solution yet.

Bravo Zulu, Bewts, for asking all the right questions.

Still no solid answers yet.
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

There's nothing inherently wrong with example numbers that don't reflect game values, as long as proportionally you still demonstrate what's actually going on in game. But you're not. So get this outta here.

Blood of Saryrn used to do 335 per tick. And it stacked with other poison spells.

Now it does 271 per tick. And it does not stack with other poison spells.

You don't have to make up numbers. Just look at the real ones.
  19. Kiani Augur

Thing is, the individual dots actually do less dps than before, and don't stack. So your argument doesn't apply. There's plenty of explanations going around, on this thread and on the bug report.

I'm not a shaman, but I think this needs fixing.
  20. Daykin Journeyman

It was a double nerf which is what people who come here and try to say "look it's not that bad" are missing.

They tuned it for live, and ignored TLP. The result was a net loss to damage per tic from a dot that used to be able to stack.

These arguments are all invalid and miss the point:

-is it more efficient? (that's not the issue, it was never the issue, dots are *supposed* to be more dmg per mana than a nuke)
    -Well you can still slow and do xyz (What..? How is this an argument ffs?)
    -Well mobs die too fast anyway (That sounds like an issue with dots period, not with the nerf)

Basically, if they refuse to bother to check TLP before taking a hammer to it, leave the dot revamp for when you actually put time and effort. If its too much, at least dont just throw us the negative for our server.

I'm so glad Necros got skipped this round, though Ebolt is once again useless.
    Taladir likes this.