Shaman DoTs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinchos, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Kicking Snake Lorekeeper

Path,

Can I have a fresh link to spreadsheet?

Organizing spells by level is important for measuring because of the loss of stacking. It would be nice if we had a row that showed the damage of the old version of the spell plus its two preceding spells, so we can see how the stack is changing not just the spell alone.it would also be nice to have a row to calculate the change in efficiency spell to spell and perhaps the change in efficiency of the old stack vs new stack. Those figures are possible.

If we hear back from ngreth I will hunt down those numbers
  2. Throndor Augur

Atta boy! Now you're onto something. You need to be able to verify that:

The cummulative damage of the 3 dots being consolidated is met or exceeded with current dmg per tick model of the post-consolidated spell:

and

That the spell costs 20-25% less mana to account for the fact that it is now an all or nothing mana dump that can be resisted in one fell swoop.
  3. Kicking Snake Lorekeeper

Oh jeez. I went into the spreadsheet and now the two tabs have completely different values for mana cost and damage. Just my luck and fun times white knuckling for a month before agnarr.

I only checked the bane spell. Ironically named.
  4. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Yeah and I am not going to alter Ngreth's tab. I did put a comment that I updated the math on the one tab, hopefully he sees that, I don't know.
  5. Catashe Augur

Well they buffed the dots again on test and if the numbers are right.. They probably just going to get nerfed again...
  6. Mwapo Augur

The original values didn't get nerfed because they were too powerful at low levels. They got nerfed because they were too powerful at 105. They were actually pretty much dead on the first go round for 1-65.
  7. Catashe Augur

in the end it didn't matter they still nerfed them a month later! lol

EQresource currently has for test..
    Blood of Saryrn 1028 mana 928 damage a tick

Numbers before Marchs nerf
    Blood of Saryrn 1208 mana 908 damage a tick

So if they think that number is too high again.. They'll just nerf it... They can't seem to make up their mind
  8. Mwapo Augur

They did a blanket revision to ALL shaman dots without regard to what the effects would be at lower levels. This is simply going in and fixing the values on an individual level rather than an umbrella change.
  9. Kicking Snake Lorekeeper

he replied to the 1450 tracker again and also updated the spreadsheet. the numbers look pretty legit. he did the stack comparison for us. look about 10% more mana efficient which i think is low for the loss of stacking and ability to load distribute spells. now resist, interupts, fizzle, aggro, mana costs all just got more important and spikey. i requested he make the spells a little more mana efficient so its factoring these issues.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  10. Old Man Elder

Roll up your sleeves, Shamans. Incoming aggro. Torpor On, 24/7!

Cannibalize while under attack too, to taunt the mobs as they tick down to 0
  11. Galleyan Augur

I haven't tested them myself, but based solely on the spreadsheet, I want to thank you @Ngreth for taking the time and making sure this got done right.

I was completely certain this would be ignored and that even necros would eventually suffer the same fate. I was incorrect.
    PathToEternity and Old Man like this.
  12. Throndor Augur

The last question regarding this revamp....is the 2nd DOT in each line equivalent to dots A and B, and is the mana cost commensurate with DOT A and Bs cumulative mana cost -10% since this will affect shamans in the process of leveling on agnarr.

If this is the case, I understand the 10% efficiency improvement on dot C because it's not truly all or nothing considering shamans can use the midtier DOT in each line if they don't want to dump mana on the cumulative dot C
  13. Zapford Elder

Well looks like I can play my Shammy now. Gotta break out my canni dance shoes
    Old Man likes this.
  14. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Really hope Ngreth and the dev team know how appreciative we are.
    Old Man likes this.
  15. Quazilla Journeyman

Thank you for staying ontop of this!